It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

drawkcab egaugnal - esrever ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
???

Just wondering, where does the secret language stem from? I have read a lot where musicians are supposed to record messages backwards to satan?

Anyone know why and where this orginated?

'ecaep'

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Link to a list confirmed "backmasked" messages in songs.

As for the whole satanic thing, it probably started with Stairway to Heaven and Hotel California. You can find those examples in this link Personally I think anything like that is a case of someone hearing what they want to hear.

As for your thread title-

Ouch. My head.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by TeddiRevolution]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

well, funny thing is I have been writing backwards in the last week. All my notes = all backwards and I start writing from the right side of the page...then I thought, maybe I have been taken over by the liveD

!ysae si tI
bulc nwo ym trats ot tnaw dna

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It started with the advent of recorded music, initially on wax cyclinders, then vinyl, then tape. All these formats have the ability to be reversed, which - to the best of my knowledge was probably becoming popular in the 60s... the song Telstar by Joe Meek has reversed sound effects on it.

Lazy Research

In 1878 Edison noted that, when played backwards, "the song is still melodious in many cases, and some of the strains are sweet and novel, but altogether different from the song reproduced in the right way"

Source

SARCASM!!! Yes, being creative and trying to push the boundaries of audio recording and sound effects is very, very SATANIC...

sigh

Edit: Typo

[edit on 7/6/1010 by jokei]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
Anyone know why and where this orginated?

Why: An attempt at being creative, curiosity, boredom, a desire to confuse and annoy people.

Where: What jokei said.

I have a (old, now) portable Fostex digital recorder and an el cheapo mic that I carry pretty much everywhere, recording pretty much everything, when possible. When I get back home, I dump it to my hard drive, pull it up in Pro Tools and proceed to slice, dice, reverse, and generally mangle any of the recordings that came out well.

I do the same with studio recordings. Vocals, guitar, drums, bass, synth lines, etc. If it sounds good reversed, I use it. Satan (usually) doesn't have too much to do with it.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There is a difference in the pronounciation in words when you write them backwards verses speak them backwards.

Like rendezvous for instance - the pronounciation would be oov- a -dnar

you could never come up with that by simply copying the word backwords. suovzedner

In other words to write what you would hear on tape played backwards it has to be the way it sounds not the way it is spelled.

dick becomes- kid
mile becomes - lime
time becomes mite or might
cup becomes puck
car becomes rock
church stays church pronounced backwards
building becomes gneed-lib

If backwards masking really exists, its not enough just to copy the word backwards, you would have to reverse the sound of each syllable. IMHO

syllable - becomes lub-uh -lis
prostitute becomes toot-it-sarp
pretty - becomes eat-erp

Its an interesting concept- ut-pes-nok gneet-ser-etnih na stih

Amen?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
If backwards masking really exists, its not enough just to copy the word backwards, you would have to reverse the sound of each syllable. IMHO

Usually, you record whatever you want and then just reverse it digitally in a DAW or a sampler. It's hard to talk backwards; I've tried.

For one project, in hopes of getting a weird sounding alien voice, I recorded the vocal track, reversed it, practiced saying it as it sounded after being reversed, recorded myself saying it "backwards" and then digitally reversed that, so that it was actually backwards speak in reverse.

The results were mixed.

And, yes, there are songs with reverse vocals. Here's a popular example:

My major point is that it isn't always (if ever) some sort of satanic subliminal message.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

There is a difference in the pronounciation in words when you write them backwards verses speak them backwards.

Yes, I am having quite a bit of fun with it at the moment. I speak the reversed word and it sounds great actually.

but I did notice a few oddities:

away = yawa (pronounced: ya wa)

dick becomes- kid
mile becomes - lime
time becomes mite or might
cup becomes puck
car becomes rock
church stays church pronounced backwards
building becomes gneed-lib

love it!! 'evol ti'
clapping hands!! 'sdnah gnippalc' sounds like: serdnah gnip palc

agreed!

I wonder if this could be like tongues? or even dyslexia?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
For one project, in hopes of getting a weird sounding alien voice, I recorded the vocal track, reversed it, practiced saying it as it sounded after being reversed, recorded myself saying it "backwards" and then digitally reversed that, so that it was actually backwards speak in reverse.

The results were mixed.
That's how certain scenes in Twin Peaks were filmed... the actors learned their lines backwards phonetically, and moved backwards, then the tape was reversed so we could understand what they were saying while it sounded really weird.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Yup, that's more or less the sound I was going for, but apparently I'm not so great at talking or singing backwards, even with a reference track.

Still haven't ruled out the possibility of using the effect at some point; it would sound pretty awesome vocoded and with reverse reverb; but it's gotta wait until time allows for practice.

In any case, I wasn't backmasking backwards talk to send a message to Satan...

...that time.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
If you say a word backwards does it have a new meaning, the same meaning or simply some evil sound effect.

If you say boy backwards does it still mean boy - ee- obe
or how about banker - ruk-nabe

You could actually create an entire new langauge out of backwards masking but what good would that do?

I think it more interesting to conceal the real meaning in sdraw-cab keeps.

It would be fairly easy to decipher but time consuming.

Ha, ha, evil is luv-ee

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
well, I am not satisfied that music is where it stems from.

There has to be more to it?

Just because of music played backwards sounded evil or made other words. I just don't think that is all there is to it.

You could actually create an entire new langauge out of backwards masking but what good would that do?

I agree it could be a whole different language. Maybe it is tongues?

What good would it do? It would be secretive and exclusive

eceap

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Also, backward music in movies is also used. In Kubrick's movie Eyes wide shut there is a supposed Illuminati Golden mask ritual (which has ancient Egyptian roots), it may be that devil worshipers believes that playing christian music backward is a tribute to the devil, and that this is where the practice stems from; from actual devil worship rituals.

In the ritual, the incantations in the background are part of a Romanian Orthodox Divine Liturgy recorded in a church in Baia Mare, played backwards. The piece, named "Masked Ball", is an adaptation by Jocelyn Pook of her "Backwards Priests." When contacting Pook in regard to providing music for the film, Kubrick asked if she had anything else like Backwards Priests - "you know, weird."
- Wikipedia

[edit on 27-6-2010 by Acharya]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think it was Aliester Crowley who embraced the notion that reversed speech was very powerful, and being skilled at the art of reversed speech was a requirement for his initiates into the golden dawn.

I think I read somewhere that the Beatles followed Crowley's thought processes on reverse speech and were students of his.

I think whoever hasn't seen John Todd's testimony on youtube about the evils of the 60's-70's rock scene should have a good look at it. He also speaks about reverse speech and how there are even words and phrases put into songs that are "witch language".

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Privy_Princess

hi there. So Crowley may have reinvented from Egyptian beliefs? As per Acharya post also.

Llew I evah a tol fo gnidear ot od! sreehc

reply to post by Acharya

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Thurisaz]

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Acharya

LOL I just came back to check something and was like where is the reply??? ha ha ha
well, I don't know what happened to it but there was one there!!

Either way, I spend so much time looking at words and reversing them to see what other words they make.
It really is interesting.

For eg:
og yawa is go away... I am now saying that in everyday speech.
I evol uoy is I love you but does not sound like your saying anything nice at all!!

OMG small things or strange things? amuse small minds!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I was writing backwards in my journal the other day and I wrote:

I just want to relax but... when I read it back..it was:

"I tsug tnaw ot xaler tub" and then I noticed the word alert in the sentence...

so now... whenever I think about relaxing.... I think of the word alert. LOL

I now find myself reading backwards to see if the sentence makes other words and in particular, I intend to read some of the books in the bible to see if it makes anything interesting.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: add

new topics

top topics

join