It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What news station plays the most news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I think it's a tie between Fox news and CNN. ABC and MSNBC tend to play a lot of dramatized footage. So does CNBC. I think there has been a trend where these 24-7 news networks no longer show real news on their networks. MSNBC is the worst. Fox News is actually better than MSNBC because it's true that they're both propaganda heads for their respective political parties- at least Fox News dedicates more programming time to their news.

MSNBC just dedicates a lot of time to crime speicals, and, then that's it. I used to think that it was bad that a lot of these stations were so biased- now I don't think that's the problem anymore. I think the problem with coverage with the mainstream media is not that the news reporters don't cover the news- it's that they cover so many other things that aren't news.

Even Al-Jazeera and Euronews and these other foreign news stations- they're almost even worst. Euronews just plays the weather a lot and it shows the same thing over and over again. Al-Jazeera just shows a lot of documentary footage from people living all over the place. So it isn't really any better in foreign news places. I haven't watched BBC much- since I don't have BBC- but, I imagine if what people say about it than it's probably a bit better than our news stations- but don't exaggerate about it.

I think the problem with news stations is not their biased coverage but when they aren't covering news. What news station do you think plays the most news?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I get my news from the two most trusted sources.

ATS and The Onion.

I watch all the news channels on my cable setup and find their bias unbearable sometimes. Fox does play more news but I love me some MSNBC crime specials. The local news is by far the best to watch, they tend to have younger reporters that need to prove themselves so they go at it without a sense of bias.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
During the Rachel Corrie incident a lot of great sources were brought here to ATS - with the best including the IDF twitter feed.

That's the beauty of the net and aggregation/congregation points like ATS - a lot of people can source up to the minute news from different places ... the MSM can't touch that kind of coverage.

And though a lot of questionable sources come into play, there are so many sources that, relatively quickly, the truth can be filtered out of the garbage.

new topics

join