It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Raining OIL - Mixed with Corexit - Toxic Nightmare Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

Hey, first of all that video+song is hilarious and I realize the extent of this disaster it just brightened my mood and gave me a laugh. Also a break from the doom and gloom which you can keep to yourself because we get enough of it already, don't take my moment of happiness away from me because you don't think I'm taking something serious enough.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Could not agree more especially because of the times we are living in.
Thank you once again!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
The very minute the whole world becomes scared and angry is the very minute the Global elite have won.

As longs we can still smile and love, we are still at least a tiny bit free.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

What about lightning striking this oily rain? Could the sky get on fire..?

I have mentioned that several times before here over the last month .What concerns me with that video is the ending , no one is commenting on the part about equal currency is this for a hippy one world or the TPTB's New World while rubbing your face in what they have done , all the while giving you a scense of hopelessness ? Facts given may well be true but I would like to know who is behind this production and what their motive truely is .

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
you guys sure know how to put a bunch of BS in someone's mouth. i'm not spouting doom and gloom and fear mongering... i just thought the joke was really lame and insensitive and i don't see how joking about a natural disaster makes it easier to deal with, or want to deal with.

and i don't see how i got a doom and gloom comment. this is our REALITY, and we have to deal with it logically, stoically, and promptly (or help those who help, or help those who help those who help, etc.), or we are gonna make things worse.

sure it is all extremely upsetting, but don't displace that emotion with humor, locomote that emotion.

sorry but i just think joking about any of it, after seeing what few pictures of animals and the gulf i have seen, and what is expected to come, is extremely insensitive... i know i sound like an ass and everyone loves the haha funny guy, but i don't see anything funny about this situation. that doesn't mean you have to be unhappy and upset all the time either. just be happy thinking about when we finally clean it up and recover it all for the future, because that's all we can do at this point.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't really care if the information comes from Sorcha or Mickey Mouse really, is it possible to literally rain Corexit and Oil? The source is dubious sure, but the possibility is there and needs to be addressed before we discount any information on this situation. If it's going to rain Corexit, there's going to be alot of people moving out of the Gulf reigon, and the possibility of literally millions of environmental refugees is quite a prospect to consider. Can we move past the source here and get to the real issue?
Is this possible? Likely? Improbable?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I had the same questions placed in my own and other threads. Ok this source sucks. And it is not only about the rain, it is weather in general.

Will the chemicals fall down as rain? Will the oil be picked up by a hurricane? If the oil is not picked up by a hurricane, will it trap more heat generated by sunlight? And so evaporate more water? Or will the oil seal the water so there would be less evaporation and it would get dry and hot? anyway I can't believe there will be no effect at all. Well we'll see afterworths.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Explanation: Crude Oil is not a single substance! Its comprised of many different individual component hydrocarbon chain molecules EACH with their own boiling point! Many of these Octanes are Gasses at 1 bar of atmosphere [15psi approx] and also at 20 degrees C.

So NO!, its NOT raining OIL at all!

As for the Corexit, well its 3 main constituents have a boiling point way in excess of 100 degrees C and so the possibility of it vaporizing off [out of] the ocean is quite LOW!

Personal Disclosure: Do some science and read a chemistry book ect OK!
Scorcha Faal? Seems this thread just got SCORCHED n FAILED! :shk:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The dead giveaway that this is a hoax article: Raining black oil.

A: Oil from this well is not black, it is reddish/rust color.

B: If oil or particles of it do somehow magically become rain, it won't be red or black. It will just be toxic rain, the particles will be spread to thin.

C: Most components in oil are far to heavy to be kept in clouds for extended periods, which is why they say a hurricane would be needed. Hurricanes might 'rain' the oil because of their high winds and 'sucking' of the water and surface debri into the storm winds. It would not actually evaporate into the clouds and rain like we know rain as. Not on this planet at least.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The name Sorcha Faal says it all.

That's not to say that there could be some form of toxic rain either now or at some time in the future, much like acid rain from air pollution.

The story of it raining black oil in Florida has zero validity at this point and the name Sorcha Faal almost insures that it is, without a doubt, a hoax!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

I heard from a guy twenty miles inland in Louisanna, he tells me so far no ordor or oily rain. But yes they need to fix this now.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Hey, can this be related? This is in the Midsouth.

Mystery Crop damage

Breaking news on ATS

ATS Thread

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yes i knew of course this would happen when Saddam torched our wells in Kuwait it rained oil and burned skin very bad burning oil that is the problem it lines clouds. Way more clouds in GOM versus Kuwait but again we lost so much oil in fires CRAZY!

STOP BURNING DAMN OIL!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Crude Oil is not a single substance! Its comprised of many different individual component hydrocarbon chain molecules EACH with their own boiling point! Many of these Octanes are Gasses at 1 bar of atmosphere [15psi approx] and also at 20 degrees C.

As for the Corexit, well its 3 main constituents have a boiling point way in excess of 100 degrees C and so the possibility of it vaporizing off [out of] the ocean is quite LOW!

Personal Disclosure: Do some science and read a chemistry book ect OK!
Scorcha Faal? Seems this thread just got SCORCHED n FAILED! :shk:

Uh.. Dude.. Isnt the Boiling Point.. and Evaporation Point.. two entirely different things??

The EPA even says Corexit has strong vapors. It's here: www.epa.gov...

One thing is for sure.. If a Hurricane picks this stuff up it Can rain oil and Croexit. Don't even need evaporation then.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I live on the south eastern part of Florida, and i work next to the ocean. The water has been smelling nasty lately. Btw it has been raining as of late so perhaps that is the problem, although it has rained before and it never smelled this bad.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Explanation: Yes...

What temperature does crude oil evaporate? [wiki.answers]

Since crude oil contains a variety of hydrocarbon components of different molecular weights, there is no single evaporation temperature. As crude oil is heated the lower molecular weight components boil off first. At temperatures above 650°F the crude oil will begin the process of "cracking" in which the larger components thermally degrade into smaller components. If crude oil is heated in this manner in the absence of oxygen, a final solid product called petroleum coke will be left behind, which consists of carbon, as well as the other impurities in the crude oil that were not removed such as sulfur, vanadium, etc.

You will please NOTE that I explained that in my own words here...

Vapor Pressure [wiki]

And thanks for educating me on how wrong I was on the Corexit vapors!

From the link you posted...

IV. SPECIAL HANDLING AND WORKER PRECAUTIONS FOR STORAGE AND FIELD APPLICATION
1. Flammability:
COREXIT® EC9527A is not classified as flammable by either DOT or IMO regulations.
2. Ventilation:
Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors. Use with ventilation equal to unobstructed outdoors in moderate breeze. [
But your use of "strong" may have been a little "strong" itself as they don't actually use that word BUT I do completely agree that they allude to it IMPLICITLY!
Edited by OL]
3. Skin and eye contact; protective clothing; treatment in case of contact:
Avoid eye contact. In case of eye contact, immediately flush eyes with large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes. Get prompt medical attention. Avoid contact with skin and clothing. In case of skin contact, immediately flush with large amounts of water, and soap if available. Remove contaminated clothing, including shoes, after flushing has begun. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. For open systems where contact is likely, wear long sleeve shirt, chemical resistant gloves, and chemical protective goggles.
4.a. Maximum storage temperature: 170ºF [

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
OK, every time she sings MEN......sing OIL!

yeehah!!!!

Dude UR SICKKKK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but very funny lol

top topics

<< 1   >>

join