It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku - friend or foe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I don't really know. I love his science, but then he expresses pro-establishment opinions, like being for a one world government and saying that the government should keep aliens secret.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Friend... Because his stance on Time Travel is amazing

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Dear Donnie Darko

Can you point me to where he said this??

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'd ignore his personal opinions on some things if you disagree with them.
Stick to the science and facts or at least his theories that have good grounding and you will notice the guy is really smart and has a talent for describing complicated things in a more layman way us who aren't well taught in theoretical physics can understand.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I used to like Michio, but over the last few years, celebrity appears more important to him. He would have many believe that certain theories are solid science when in fact they are not... hence the term theory.

IMHO, what Michio should be saying is, if X is true and Y is true, then this may be a possibility, but he often fails to do that and gives many people the wrong impression about the possibilities/probability of said sciences.

He is neither friend nor foe. He is just himself, but I feel he has sold out.

IRM

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You cannot make sweeping comments about a person or an event without a SOURCE.

On aliens

The only thing I could find about his comments on One World Government, it is an unofficial Yahoo answers comment.

I am currently reading Michio Kaku's book "Visions" and he states that we will need to have a world government in the future. If we do not destroy ourselves before then it will become a reality. Science and technology and energy needs will eventually make it a necessity to have a one world government. Our economies are already inextricably intertwined with one another. When one country experiences economic woes they all feel the impact. The goal of a planetary civilization is not unreasonable, because we would be able to more fully harness the resources on a gigantic scale. The world population alone will require cooperation on an unprecedented scale just to feed everyone.

Source

I've made it clear in the past (here, and here) that I hold him in very high regard.

As for his view on One World Government, he is a scientist and probably sees things in numbers and statistics, and he is simply saying that the world cannot sustain humanity for thousands of more years at the current rate that we consume, reproduce, destroy, etc.

When he speaks, he is either warning his fellow man about possible future events, or making astrophysics understandable to us mere mortals. For that, I think he is a person who deserves an enormous amount of respect.

He will certainly always have mine.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'd say he is a scientist doing work in science.

Not everyone is with you or against you, some just are. If he has opinions about politics then they are most likely quite well thought out but they are of no more validity than yours or mine.

Not everyone would say that pro-establishment (whatever you mean by this?) is a bad thing. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I've always enjoyed his commentary. He has said something along the lines about us needing a one world government to advance as a civilization. I don't remember the exact words, but it was when he was explaining the levels of civilizations. Maybe this is what you are referring to? I didn't find it peculiar though.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
From my viewpoint he is a foe. I think of him as a nazi scientist but working as propaganda for america.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
I'd say he is a scientist doing work in science.

He is a somewhat mediocre scientist whose research days are far behind him. He exaggerates his contribution to string theory for publicity reasons and has long since abandoned scientific rigour in his public statements.

People like him play a useful role in attracting young people to scientific careers, or so I've been told. But please do not mistake him for a working scientist, or a scientist of any real prominence.

Dr. Kaku is a TV talking head. He does it for money.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
im for a 1 world government as well.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The only possible way I'd want a 1 world govt. is if I could very easily go to another world if I didn't like the govt. on this one any more.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
im for a 1 world government as well.

word.
only without any of the garbage who hold any 'power' presently.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I say foe. He is just another corrupt rich f*** who happens to know some stuff.
He's one of the elite, he doesn't stand out as anyone special at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
total friend

first off I would love a one world gov myself but that's besides the point. He is clear and able to get people to understand difficult concepts such as astrophysics and cosmology. I think he has a fine grasp of what is going on in this world even if some celebrity is starting to tarnish him. I remember when his works were nothing but books to me. Now I see him all over

I like him

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
why are all of you guys pro one-world government? now i'm as far from a nationalist as you can get, but a one world government is probably an even worse idea imo.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Never have I heard his thoughts on a one world government, whenever I have watched a show about his work.

I don't really care, one way other the other, because I haven't been tainted, I guess.

The man sure is entertaining, and gets people interrested in science, so I'd have to say friend, on that aspect.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

What do you mean by tainted?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The man knows his business and makes for some damn interesting conversation and deep thought. Personally though, I don't trust him.

new topics

top topics

join