It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about psychic vampirism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Do you believe in people who truly "drink" or harvest the life-force (Qi, psychospiritual energy, call it what you will) of other people?

I'm not talking about your garden-variety pathological narcissist who is sometimes called a "psychic vampire" for the energy-draining ordeals he puts those around him through. These people use their extreme maniopulativeness, neediness, and obsession with attention to damage those who love them in a variety of ways.

But beyond the more clinical phenomenon above, I'm curious if any of you feel something similar takes place with certain indiciduals on a psychic or metaphysical level? Again, I'm not talking psychological manipulation: perhpas the exchange of words never takes place, and the victim mearly feels spiritually "drained" while the aggressor has reknewed psychospititual stength, for example.

Anyone this this sort of thing goes on for real, with or without the knowledge of the participants?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have a question, if spiritual energy is infinite, then how can you be drained? If i am infinite pure energy, then how can i be drained? This is my biggest question with psychic vampirism.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I have a question, if spiritual energy is infinite, then how can you be drained? If i am infinite pure energy, then how can i be drained? This is my biggest question with psychic vampirism.

Yes, I've pondered it from that angle as well. Perhaps the spiritual canot truly be said to be infinite in a single being per se. That is, any being can "tap into" the infinite, but if he/she isn't doing so at the moment or doesn't know how, perhaps individual psychospiritual energy is much more bounded in daily life. I don't know too many levators...even if its someday revealed to be technically possible to tape into the "levitation enegy," most of us don't know how t o do that.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I think it is more of an observable change then an actual "drain". I think it may have more to do with the observers point of view then the actual energy itself. The observer can't be drained because from my perspective once the observer becomes self aware then it becomes infinite in nature. So the energy drain is probably more of an observation change and association with negetive aspects of the situation until the situation changes.

If you don't allow yourself to become affected by the situation then nothing ever happens. It's like if you try to drain my energy, but i am ok with self, then i am what i am and you can't drain my energy.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by onequestion]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Do you believe in people who truly "drink" or harvest the life-force (Qi, psychospiritual energy, call it what you will) of other people?

Yes absolutely. Its a real problem and should be avoided at all costs. The way out of it is a matter of intent , your intent for it to stop needs to be greater than theirs to persue your energy. No matter how tired you become you must keep up the intent to become free, otherwise they will continue to take your life force .

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The body is a vessel for the energy - it comes in, it goes out.

The question is how to maximize incoming energy and retention thereof and have a controlled outgoing of energy.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
On the subject of psychic vampirism, I see two indistinct uses of the word energy.

For if i can suggest a point of differentiation: Foremost you have the bodily energy, which is still an energy form separate from a physical capacity, but is what keeps the immortal soul, per se, from dying. i.e. it is the energy sustaining your life force. The "other" energy is not so much linked to your body, but more external. This is where, the best i can describe it, is where you are able to harness psychic abilities, either sub-conciously or otherwise. These abilities, may range from something as seemingly simple as luck (yes, luck) to full blown telekinesis.

The bodily energy, is the eternal life force of everything, it flows through us, and is based on a shared system, essentially it is what binds us to mortality. The external energy, is dependant on many factors pertaining to the individual on how it may manifest. The vulnerability for psychic vampirism is on the external energies only, unless one could theorise further and suggest that the vampire has the capability to rip a soul from the fabric of the universe and consume it...jk

From what i was told from an energy sucker i have met, is that they focused on the energy of the victim, and through a series of what was described as "manipulations" the vampire (awful word, no?) believed to have the sensation of lift, but one unfamiliar to their own. The victim, concious to what had happened described the sensation of being clothed in armour, but below the skin. In the grand arena of psychics-do-battle, neither subject would have registered as a bantam weight, needless to say the fact that i could talk to them both freely about the experience has given at least some insight into which i can theorise from.

To protect oneself, i have been told, is more than just thinking that "yeah, i'm safe because i know about it", you have to be safe in the fact that you know what you know.

I do apologise that my writing is less than clear, it makes sense to me, but i have the benefit of having a scetch pad to illustrate what i see. Erm. Peace, i'm open for criticism, not cynicism.

top topics

join