It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Spiral event : Preliminary analysis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Fantastic stuff, great work again. Your Norway spiral thread was hugely interesting to me, the amount of conversation I had about it

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by tauristercus

Hi mate I posted this.
Could you answer please...To me it means from a standing start that thing moves real fast...

Also I agree with the Why over Australia bit you just posted...

Great thread,,my only questions are.

Would it really travel fast enough,from launch, to go 3/4 of the way around earth in an hour?

Was it dangerous to launch a low orbit craft knowing it would cross over the whole of Australia and shouln't we have been warned?

Virgom129 ... you just got me wondering about "why Australia ?" and so I went and checked exactly which land masses/countries the Falcon 9 actually over flew ... and I got a bit of a surprise !

Essentially the only 1st world (developed) country to be overflown (and if we are to believe Phage, have 'effluent' dumped on) was .... yep, you guessed it ... Australia

Take a look:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03edb63bd93f.jpg[/atsimg]

As for an hour and a half for a complete orbit ... yes, perfectly normal.

[edit on 7/6/10 by tauristercus]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by tauristercus

Why would mission control release this unspent fuel DIRECTLY OVER Coolangatta, which is a major Australian city in Queensland ... rather than wait a few more mins until the Falcon 9 was well and truly over the Pacific ocean ?

From the photos it looks like it was over the pacific and not over a populated area.

No, the spiral event apparently started prior to the Falcon 9 crossing the eastern coast and heading out over the Pacific ocean.

The Coolangatta video had audio commentary throughout the entire observation period and the witness made it quite plain that he observed the spiral event to his west, then watched it cross directly over Coolangatta airport, and then he watched it head out eastwards and cross the coastline.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Thanks mate and god thats fast, from standing start to 20000km away in 1 hour...
I also do wonder if the yanks care about Australia, we have had a few crash here. Also by your pic, it would have pasted close to Pine Gap

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Why would mission control release this unspent fuel DIRECTLY OVER Coolangatta, which is a major Australian city in Queensland ... rather than wait a few more mins until the Falcon 9 was well and truly over the Pacific ocean ?

From the photos it looks like it was over the pacific and not over a populated area.

No, the spiral event apparently started prior to the Falcon 9 crossing the eastern coast and heading out over the Pacific ocean.

The Coolangatta video had audio commentary throughout the entire observation period and the witness made it quite plain that he observed the spiral event to his west, then watched it cross directly over Coolangatta airport, and then he watched it head out eastwards and cross the coastline.

Tauristercus.....

I don't think the "effluent" comprising the spiral could have any effect at all on people on the ground.

Based on my meteorological reading & the commentary of our own OzWeatherman in the threads about "chemtrails" (which I'm happy to report are paranoid delusions), such spiral derived effluent would almost certainly never reach the ground.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

reply to post by InfaRedMan

Are they time stamps on the pics? If so is that like 18:53 as in 6.53 PM ?

Pardon my ignorance,

Virgom129.....

That would correlate with GMT (Greenwich Mean Time or Zulu Time) minus 5 hours for the time zone for the east coast of the USA.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

The Space flight now web site quotes all the coverage of the Mission is in GMT.. and also EDT :Eastern Time Zone, USA & Canada

The Image on their site are from spaceX who would for this mission use UT Time

Confused Yet

UT Time is Universal Time

UT is used as a basis for calculating time throughout most of the world. UT is also called Greenwich Time, Greenwich Mean Time, Zulu Time. It is the time along the prime meridian (0 longitude) that runs through the Greenwich Observatory outside of London, UK, where the current system originated.

UT is tied to the rotation of the Earth in respect to the fictitious "mean Sun," which gives equal 24-hour days throughout the year. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) was measured from Greenwich Mean at midday until 1925, when the reference point was changed from noon to midnight and the name changed to "Universal Time."

www.souledout.org...
Click the Link to see the Conversion chart

Here is a Link for anyone interested in converting World Time
www.timeanddate.com...

Hope this helps

Ocker

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

(which I'm happy to report are paranoid delusions),

I think they said the same about people that said the Earth was round...

Not that I'm pro Chemtrails but until its proved one way or the other then rude comments should be beyond you.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

I already replied that it was UTC.
Not sure what you are saying...THat I dont know there are different time zones???

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Tauristercus.....

I don't think the "effluent" comprising the spiral could have any effect at all on people on the ground.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Maybe...maybe not

I'm in complete agreement with you that in all likelihood there would be zero ground effect. I actually made that "effluent" remark more or less tongue in cheek as I'm starting to get a tad annoyed how "effluent discharge" is now apparently becoming the defacto explanation for brushing off and sweeping under the carpet any kind of unusual missile/rocket event lately ... almost like being told it's "a chinese lantern or swamp gas" for EVERY ufo report

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by ocker

I already replied that it was UTC.
Not sure what you are saying...THat I dont know there are different time zones???

No not at all

I was only showing the different Zones that have been used for the Falcon9 articles and media releases.

As I stated "Spaceflight Now" has used during their Coverage GMT and EDT time.

The Images you Looked at I got off "Spaceflight now's" site

courteous of SpaceX that use UTC.

I thought I'd show people the difference and give the links to who might be interested.
As I thought you must of been

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Excellent work tauristercus. I'd been able to put together a lot of evidence for the Falcon 9 but was missing confirmation of the all-important launch angle (inclination):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One thing though, your trajectory (great circle) is mapped on to a static globe. For accuracy, you need to account for the earth spinning. The vehicle passed over Australia approximately 1 hour after launch. In 1 hour, the earth spins 1/24th of 360 degrees or 15 degrees. Therefore if you were to rotate the earth towards the east by 15 degrees you'll have a more accuracte trajectory over Australia.

Edit: add link to my analysis

[edit on 7/6/10 by LightningStrom]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrom

That's an excellent point, LightningStrom and truthfully one I didn't take into account.

But thankfully, the point where I indicated the Falcon 9 actually crossed the east coast (just north of Coolangatta) was based on the audio commentary on the Coolangatta video where the observer specifically mentions the 'event' coming from the west, passing directly over the Coolangatta airport, then heading out to sea.
So from that perspective, I believe the trajectory that I plotted over the eastern states remains a valid one. If anything, probably the 34.5 degree angle that I indicated on the 1st Earth globe image may be slightly off due to, as you pointed out, the few degrees of rotation that would have occurred between launch and the Coolangatta overfly.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Nice work! S&F for the effort you've put in! Although i'm mostly excited because you mentioned Mt coot-tha
, that's how bogan i am! I grew up living right next to it so am excited its mentioned on ATS

Although it's Burleigh Heads, not heights ;p

[edit on 7/6/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What bothers me is why now? I mean, we've been sending crap into orbit, launching missiles, satellites, testing rockets etc etc for the best part of 80 years, why now?

What is different about these current tests that make them produce "spirals", why are they common all of a sudden. Is there a reason that they're all exhibiting this, has it always been like that but we're just noticing it now?

What is the technology, or advancement in these rockets that is causing this, what is its purpose?

Seriously, I can buy the explanations, but not that these are merely just errant rockets. There is something else going on.

Great thread as always mate, S+F.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

We also can't fall back on the 'old excuse' that the rocket was venting fuel or performing a stage separation maneuver because firstly, the second stage engine had used up it's fuel and had shut down long before crossing the east coast and secondly, the payload remained attached at all times to the shutdown 2nd stage engine and never separated.

Therefore the only alternative explanation is that the event was a purposely timed and executed procedure ... but for purposes unknown.

And here's where your assumptions, based on inadequate knowledge flavored with imagination, betray you.

Rockets upon reaching orbit have NOT exhausted their propellants.

Due to uncertainties in flow rate, mixture ratio, and measurement technology, rockets are loaded with extra propellant so that even in worst cases they do not run dry in one or the other prop tank, which would be catastrophic in the thrust chamber -- including disintegration of pumps or even a chamber explosion. There are low-level sensors that command early shutdown if prop appaears about to run out (and they were triggered on a few shuttle launches), but that still means there's prop left in the other tank.

And nowadays all remaining prop, by international agreement, is vented ASAP reaching orbit to prevent later explosions that could create shrapnel fields. It's routine, even though, to your knowledge, it never happens.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

What bothers me is why now? I mean, we've been sending crap into orbit, launching missiles, satellites, testing rockets etc etc for the best part of 80 years, why now?

What is different about these current tests that make them produce "spirals", why are they common all of a sudden. Is there a reason that they're all exhibiting this, has it always been like that but we're just noticing it now?

This has been directly addressed on the older thread on this topic.

You are confusing what YOU know, with all the world's knowledge.

See (and learn from):
And

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Star and Flaged ................................

But me, ocker and the other member already proved it was Falcon 9 am sorry
that I couldnt give a better explanation as yours

Between Excellent Work....................

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

See (and learn from):
And

Thank you for that, very informative.

I stand corrected.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

See (and learn from):
And

Thank you for that, very informative.

I stand corrected.

And thank you for your constructive response.

There's a bigger question I'd like to raise for discussion:

WHY is such previous documentation of precursor events NOT more widely available on the UFO websites? WHY do so many eager, enthusiastic ufo-newbies get allowed to jump to conclusions based on inadequate -- even, perhaps, deliberately slanted -- data?

Why can't internet search engines more efficiently FIND such contrarian points of view and raw data?

I really don't know the answers to these puzzles, but I'd like to find out and be able to help repair the information inadequacies.

JimO

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Another brilliant analysis! thanks for the work on this.

I have to say personally i'm a bit disappointed that the spirals are (possibly) man made as I'd linked them tenuously to the ancient drawings of them on cave walls. Question is, what are they messing with up there?.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join