It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what they say about High-Fructose Corn Syrup right?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxEnigmaticxX
as i watched it i remember think who in the world is dumb enough to actually believe this.

I would guess, about 80 - 90% of the public are dumb enough to actually believe this.
HELL most of the gen public have never even heard of Monsanto.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

edit: actually could someone please just imbed it in a post? everyone should really check it out!!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by shagreen heart]

Really, can you not figure out how to do it yourself?

It's bad enough that so many people are physically obese due to other people messing with the natural order of things, but you illustrate another issue.. mental obesity.
There are buttons for embedding and also instructions..

----

Otherwise, thanks for the post. I have been getting into conversations lately about Monsanto and you've just given me a nice copy and paste..

It's making me sick to see the younger generations not paying attention to this sort of thing and feeding their kids high fructose products and saying "oh he/she just has left over baby fat" when other kids are thinner, more alert and generally growing up as a finer specimen.

b

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Great thread! I thought I was the only one who wanted to smash my TV screen every time one of these rediculous propaganda messages was beamed at me.

I love the way they ever-so-softly slip in the phrase "...and it's fine in moderation." Moderation, yeah sure. this crap is in EVERYTHING these days. There's no moderation about it. And what about in the vast amounts that the average American consumes without even knowing it? They somehow forgot to mention those effects.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

edit: actually could someone please just imbed it in a post? everyone should really check it out!!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by shagreen heart]

Really, can you not figure out how to do it yourself?

It's bad enough that so many people are physically obese due to other people messing with the natural order of things, but you illustrate another issue.. mental obesity.
There are buttons for embedding and also instructions..

----

Otherwise, thanks for the post. I have been getting into conversations lately about Monsanto and you've just given me a nice copy and paste..

It's making me sick to see the younger generations not paying attention to this sort of thing and feeding their kids high fructose products and saying "oh he/she just has left over baby fat" when other kids are thinner, more alert and generally growing up as a finer specimen.

b

thank you for the jackass comment. i see the buttons, and whenever i try to use them they mess the imbedding up for some reason or another. maybe instead of assuming i'm "mentally obsese", and haven't attempted it myself, you could use the buttons and imbed the video since it's so simple.
it's very good. the guy talks for about an hour just about how HFCS affects you biologically.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I just saw commercial #2 yesterday, my girlfriend went off about it. Are they starting up the campaign again or something?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by TylerKing]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TylerKing

yeah, they have been playing them on the food network again (which pisses me off even more).

thanks a ton for postin that vid.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by darrman

Gotcha beat baby...
I am 5'1" and weigh 218 lbs,my IQ is only 135.
I am with you though,I wish my weight was my
IQ and my IQ was my weight!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

VERY good write up, thanks for posting it. This topic is actually quite frustrating to me, I have been trying feverishly to weed this toxic # out of my family's diet for the last 3 years or so and it's getting rather difficult to do so. I mean I literally boycott any manufacturer that uses this # and I've also written numerous emails to the companies that I've found as well as the FDA, the health department here in my neck of the woods and especially the scumbag minions at SweetSurprise.com. Not a single one has responded with anything more than a stupid form letter which completely ignores my concerns....

If you read the labels of some of the most common and mundane "foods" at the supermarket, you'll find that this crap is being added to nearly everything and even some foods (especially CANDY) will have a toxic cocktail of HFCS, aspartame in addition to sugar (Wrigley's gum for example, I believe Juicy Fruit).

Another interesting fact is this, if you go to the Mexican food section in the grocery store or even at some gas stations, look at the ingredients of the Mexican foods and especially sodas. For the most part, they have nothing but natural ingredients, no HFCS, no aspartame and no preservatives. Why is this? Are THEY not being targeted by this eugenics program? Whatever the reason may be, this whole subject of tainted food make me sick to my stomach. Anyway, S&F..

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we sure live in interesting times...

www.sweetsurprise.com...

Edit-- spelling and grammar

[edit on 7-6-2010 by UndergroundMilitia]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Wow those ads are awful and americans believe this crap? Really?

I searched google about High Fructose Corn Syrup and basically found hundreds of german websites warning because that stuff is dangerous and unhealthy. They not only warn of diabetes and overweight but also heart diseases. So if germany is so "intelligent", why are the United States are so stupid about it?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
denynothing,

"promoting fear through your scare tactics."

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the OP used any scare tactics. By you suggesting that he did makes me think that you advocate the use of of HFCS. Is that the case?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by UndergroundMilitia]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

also, a lot of the time the products from mexico advertise how they DON'T have HFCS in them.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

also, a lot of the time the products from mexico advertise how they DON'T have HFCS in them.

Really? I've never seen them advertised. Also noteworthy, just recently Hunts removed HFCS from their ketchup and other brands such as Gatorade is supposed to as well. Finally, this may be the beginning a good trend...

mediabuzz.monster.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
the very fact that they have spent millions of dollars of such an ad campaign p[roves that 1 they are aware that we are aware and 2 they know how the sheep think. they are basically trying to arm the sheep with disinfo. IN FACT the way the people say" you know what they say about high fructose corn syrup right? in the commercial is a clear jab at anybody trying to inform the general public. although they word the thing very carefully. you will notice nothing they say is actually wrong. classic disinfo.

omitting all the facts and not addressing the actual issues.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes, damn all these modern, scientific advances. I prefer to go back in time where we only lived to the ripe old age of 30 at the most and had to do everything by hand. I prefer to live in the day and age where the common cold could be a death sentence. I prefer to live where I had to strike two rocks together in order to make fire so I don't have to eat the raw meat of the mastodon I just killed using only sticks and rocks. Since it is popular to hate anything mass produced, I am going to jump on the bandwagon of hating everything and anything that someone on the internet can tie into some conspiracy. The conspiracy would require me to do my own research to make up my own mind, but I don't have to, because I read something against it on the internet...and I so like to believe in conspiracy that I'm not going to bother to look into it myself. That would be boring. I grew up on TV and Hollywood, so I have been programmed to accept the absurd, and this is no exception.

Has anyone here actually looked into how the body digest and metabolizes this product? If you have, then I guess there are hundreds of other things you wont eat either, most of which are 100% natural.

And lets not bother talking about the root cause of any disease or disorder that can be linked to this product....which is personal discipline. Last I checked, you can get fat and sick off anything you eat too much off, combined with a sedate lifestyle. Why not ignore stuff like this and educate people how to eat right and exercise on a regular basis.

The food your putting in your mouth is not the problem. Ignorance is. As is the case most often in this modern, lazy and ignorant modern society, folks want to lash out at anything and everything rather as an excuse as to why were are(take your pick):

Too fat
Too lazy
Too stupid
Too poor
Too controlled
Too...whatever, you get the point.

If your too ignorant to control what goes in your friggin mouth on a regular basis, and too stupid to get off the couch and do a little normal exercise...sure I can see why you would get on the internet and blame all your woes on some big, evil corporation. This stuff kills me, it really does.

And to the guy who ripped the cable out of his wall......seriously? You must not put much faith in your ability to correctly educated your family, and you must think they are morons to boot. I have no problem letting anyone in my family watch pretty much anything they want. They have been raised with common sense, reason and logic.....nothing a cable channel can take away from them. I feel so sorry for those who feel they can't parent good enough to combat pop culture and "cable tv" without having to go to such extremes to limit it to their kids. I fear your offspring will become a major part of the problem after they "leave the nest" and are exposed to the very things you hid from them...they will have no "natural immunity" built up that would have developed from years of good parenting combined with exposure to the very things your ignorantly afraid of. They are prime candidates for the thousands of modern snake oil salesman out there thanks to your inability to properly educate them.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Great post!

"The nutritional value as sugar"!
Don't they keep telling us that sugar is bad for us?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Great job OP. Plain and simple. Straight to the point.
S&F

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I had never seen one of these commercials until one day I was watching a movie with my kids on one of the kids networks ( I think it was cartoon network) and one of those commercials came on every commercial break......they are targeting the kids!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

You hit the nail on the head, in fact, besides pointing out the dangers of man made-processed foods, you also shed light on the key to slashing body fat. So happens i have been into bodybuilding for over 30 years, and I was getting fatter and sicker, making myself lazier and closer to becoming more and more bed ridden. This because I was eating out of control, more and more of the foods you mention. As Arnold Schwarzenegger terms it, sugar is "white death", and the high fructose corn syrup is just that. I went on Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat diet a couple of months ago and great things started to happen. It eliminates fruit and that nasty stuff you posted about. asugar is limited to just 15 grams per day, and carbohydrated at 120 total grams per day. 2 weeks ago I cut my carb intake down to just 20 per day, eating only protein sources from nature, no carns at all after 6 pm. I dropped 12 pounds more and and my energy is back. Great post, hopefully others will take it seriously. If you have an out of control appetite, and feel very exhausted, lazy and sluggish, eliminate those things that are making your quality of life diminish, as well as staying free of illness and death for as long as possible.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
IMO, HFCS is like a combo punch, on on hand you have the fact that its obvouisly bad for the body because of the fructouse levels and how the body processes it thus causing obesity and everything that goes along with obesity. And on the other hand, you have the fact that more than likely its made from genetically modified corn (as over 80% grown in the U.S. is). GM corn has been linked to a number of health problems. It has Showed Kidney, Liver Toxicity in Animal Feeding Studys, infertility in animals, it has screwed with the immune system of mice in another study.

So you now have this product that came from a genetically altered crop that is taken and then altered again and processed into a new product that they then add to our food which is either processed or genitically modified as well (as over 70% of our foods are). Its literally frakenfood.www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.organicconsumers.org...
www.seedsofdeception.com...
www.myhealthblog.org... idneys-and-liver-the-dietary-detoxifying-organs/

[edit on 6/7/2010 by concerned190]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"The food your putting in your mouth is not the problem. Ignorance is."

Ignorance like not knowing the difference in meaning between the words your and you're?

"And to the guy who ripped the cable out of his wall......seriously? You must not put much faith in your ability to correctly educated your family,"

You must not put too much faith in your ability to correctly EDUCATE yourself and learn how to properly utilize contractions and tenses. Looks like that TV is doing one fine job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join