It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY passes students who get wrong answers on tests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I do not doubt that this has been going on to some degree for more than a few decades. However, this is rather disturbing. I did not expect this degree of pushing people through the system.

I cannot fathom how these people are getting paid to do a job that they are not doing. I want a job where I can go in and not do what I was hired to do, without fear of losing my job. At the same time it is not only the teachers fault but the parents as well. I have seen so many parents out there that are more worried about throwing the kids in front of the TV to shut them up so they can entertain themselves than I care to think about. In about 10-20 years we are all going to be really screwed when these are the people running our country.

Raist

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
I do not doubt that this has been going on to some degree for more than a few decades. However, this is rather disturbing. I did not expect this degree of pushing people through the system.

I cannot fathom how these people are getting paid to do a job that they are not doing. I want a job where I can go in and not do what I was hired to do, without fear of losing my job. At the same time it is not only the teachers fault but the parents as well. I have seen so many parents out there that are more worried about throwing the kids in front of the TV to shut them up so they can entertain themselves than I care to think about. In about 10-20 years we are all going to be really screwed when these are the people running our country.

Raist

Raist, The only time I didn't have to perform the job I was hired for, I belonged to a union and had tenure.
I believe that some one told me, Teachers are the highest paid Baby Setter.
The way it was explained to me, parents push theirs kids out in the morning to be taught how to read and write and meet other kids.
Then the kids come home snack on junk food and set in front of the TV or computer, play station or some other game.
Mom and Dad come home argue, more TV and pizza.
Little Johnny or Suzie have home work?
I heard that the kids are not even allowed to play dodge ball or tether ball any more.

I have heard, most of the really good teachers have gone to private schools or tutoring.
One teacher at Phoenix College told my wife, he'd never go back in to grade school or high school class room environment.
The administration does not care and the parents do not attend teacher parent meetings and no respect or discipline.
I'm sure their is a few hold outs out there teaching kids that really want to learn.
I should tell you , all my kids are grown and in their 30's with a kid each and I don't interfere with how they raise their kids.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by guohua]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It isn't about dumbing down. It is about certain groups interested in bringing in immigrants no matter the cost to American society. But what if it had to be admitted that many southern immigrants weren't as naturally smart as European children, no matter how much education you try to buy them. And the results in our urban schools are really barely better than the natural educational level these people provide themselves when they're on their own.

Would white Europeans be willing to foot the bill if they were told the truth?

If this was the ugly truth, but your agenda was to mix the populations, how would you handle it? How would you hide the truth from the suckered public?

You would admit the lousy results, because you couldn't hide them. But blame the schools, the teachers, blame racism, hire all sorts of overpaid teaching consultants. And do it, year after year, generation after generation, until so many immigrants have planted themselves in the nation, it is too late to remove them.

<< 1   >>

join