It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flip This House 2010 Elections : We give the gov't an allowance [$] ? *VIDEO*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Flip This House 2010 Elections : We give the gov't an allowance [$] ?

We give the gov't an allowance [$] since they can't seem to budget?

Perhaps this is a idea whose time has come?

I haven't researched the webmasters yet...

Sounds clever to me though.

FYI... Enjoy!

(click to open player in new window)

[color=#00BFFF]Flip

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Arguably, we don't even have a vote anymore. With the new electronic voting machines, our "right to vote" is seriously called into question. If they haven't screwed with it already, there is nothing to stop them from doing so in the future.

Even without the electronic voting machines, we can still only vote for one of two (maybe a few more) candidates that are paraded in front of us. That's not really a choice.

For propositions and voting on issues, that's ultimately subject to the courts, not the people and we all know by now that the courts are bought and paid for by those with influence. Doubt this? Remember the latest Supreme Court ruling that gave corporations the same rights as individuals?

The sad truth of the matter, at least IMO, is that we have lost our ability to change this government or TPTB. So we change a few incumbents, they will only be replaced by others of equal or greater corruption.

We can also no longer assemble. We have to ask the government's permission before we assemble against them and then this "right" is often denied or severely hindered to the point of ineffectiveness.

Also, we can't really revolt through physical means either. The government has restricted weapon ownership so much, that our weapons don't even compare to those of our government. That is, for the very few people who are even allowed to own a hunting rifle in the first place. Then, to top this off, we have no way to stop any legislation or policies that would force us to hand over our weapons anyway. A lot of people like to say, "from my cold dead hands" but really, come on! That's simply, the government will just take us up on that offer. It's not as if we are allowed to organize.

Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

new topics

join