It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supermassive black hole = collapsed wormhole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is there a possibility that a supermassive black hole was a wormhole that connected us with other universes, then collapsed at the throat when an object tried to pass?

I say this because wouldn't it be more logical that it was just one mouth of this previous wormhole that was the size of the event horizon?

I thinks that's a better explanation than the black hole being made out of smaller primordial black holes.

I know there are a few scientists here on ATS and if you could give me your input I would love to know and if you want to give your input feel free to.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
from what i understand about black holes....they are just super massive objects that have an escape velocity more than the speed of light. meaning if we were to look at it we could not see it because it absorbs light energy with 0 reflection. there is no hole. objects being pulled towards it would be visible as long as they havent passed the threashold of a FTL escape velocity.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
supermassive blackholes dont have to swallow other blackholes to get larger. In time the blackhole of any galaxy will eventually swallow up the entire galaxy and will have the mass of a galaxy in a very small area. I have made a thread about this monster blackholes with sources

new topics

join