It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey face, Human face, or pile of rocks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I was looking through some JAXA photo's and saw this odd formation inside of a crater. Common sense says it's a pile of rocks. However, to me it does appear to look like a face of some kind. Anyway, let me know what you think.

The original is at the following link, and the crater is toward the bottom right of the photo.

More photo's at:
wms.selene.jaxa.jp...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well. It's a pile of rocks.

My highly expert scientific exhaustive research of this tells me this because...

It's On The Moon.

If you look around some more, you will see all kinds of shapes in these pictures. Part of the problem is they are all bad pictures or at least not very close up high resolution pictures. I love looking at moon pics and I see this stuff all the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Common sense says it's a pile of rocks.

And it is great to see that, once again, it prevails!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
you can see what you want to see.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Monkey face, Human face, or pile of rocks?

EPF... you forgot to list the most probable answer in your title.

Pareidolia

Pareidolia (pronounced /pærɪˈdoʊliə/ pa-ri-DOE-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse. The word comes from the Greek para- ("beside", "with", or "alongside"—meaning, in this context, something faulty or wrong (as in paraphasia, disordered speech)) and eidolon ("image"; the diminutive of eidos ("image", "form", "shape")). Pareidolia is a type of apophenia.

Source

IRM

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I do see the face. Well, actually, I see two faces.

But then again I see faces on my bathroom wall all the time .. the one I creatively painted with a sponge roller. I know I didn't put any faces on that wall .. but there they are!

I am sorry, but I think in this case it is pareidolia - the human tendency to see recognizable objects, especially faces - in random patterns and shapes.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

OMG someone call Greenpeace.
That little fella is in for a long walk to the beach...;

top topics

join