It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency Drops Helen Thomas after Anti-Jewish Remarks!:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Intelligent American Jews supporting Helen Thomas.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by vox2442

Every one is either European, or a colonial outpost, or a puppet state defendant on the USA.

I guess that the old Soviet Union, WHICH VOTED FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT of Israel, was a puppet state of the USA then? Either that, or you are ignoring the fact that the old USSR spanned ASIA as well as Europe, and the last I checked, it was not a colonial outpost.

You need to bone up on your geography and geopolitics!

More to the point PE, Stalin and the old Soviet Union had little use for the Jews and were pleased as punch to send many of them on their way. "Vote for a Jewish homeland? Beats disposing of their bodies or sending them to Siberia. We vote Да!"

This from Wiki on "Antisemitism and Joseph Stalin":

Those who knew Stalin, such as Khrushchev, suggest that Stalin had long harbored negative sentiments toward Jews that had manifested themselves before the 1917 Revolution. As early as 1907, Stalin wrote a letter differentiating between a "Jewish faction" and a "true Russian faction" in Bolshevism. Stalin's secretary Boris Bazhanov stated that Stalin made crude anti-Semitic outbursts even before Lenin's death. According to Stalin's biographer Robert Tucker "Stalin despised anything weak and small, and pre-Revolution Russian Jews were just so for him". According to Abdurakhman Avtorkhanov Stalin's antisemitism was "pragmatic rather than zoological", and he was willing to tolerate Jews as long as they were useful to him.

And so Stalin on Jews? Not a big fan. Not to mention the Soviets were controlled by the same bankers as the other "yes" voting nations.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

More to the point PE, Stalin and the old Soviet Union had little use for the Jews and were pleased as punch to send many of them on their way. "Vote for a Jewish homeland? Beats disposing of their bodies or sending them to Siberia. We vote Да!"

I don't dispute that. My post merely corrected the erroneous statement that all of those that voted for the establishment of the state of Israel, were either European, puppets of the US, or colonial outposts.

To further refine your reason for their "Da" vote, the Soviet Union realized that establishment of Israel would create a flash point in the Middle East, from which they could assert themselves with the Arab countries, in the hopes of obtaining Middle East oil. In fact, that turned out to be quite correct, as the USSR managed to acquire several Middle Eastern "clients", who not only provided them with oil, but became quite valuable arms clients.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Gotcha Professor E! Many people do mentally lump Russia with Europe. More so after the fall of communism (Or at least after what we perceived as the fall of communism).

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't agree with Helen Thomas, but she has a right to her opinion about Palestine.

I personally support Israel in most matters, but I don't think Thomas should be fired for disagreeing with me.

Since when do reporters have to have only popular opinions on global controversies?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Benevolent, I agree wholeheartedly--I couldn't have said it better. It's been a long time...how have you been?

I see that you still stand behind your very own opinions...good!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
I'm under the impression that she was paid to do it so that people sympathize with Jewish people and continue supporting Israel in these wicked times. In fact, I believe many cases of antisemitism are staged for this very reason.

In my time on ATS, I've seen some pretty stupid posts and this is right up there with the dumbest.

Israelis kill Palestinians, shoot schoolchildren, shoot aid workers, chop people in half with bulldozers, run a regime that makes apartheid South Africa look positively humane... and "cases of antisemitism are staged?

BTW, well done for confusing "antisemitism" (irrational hatred of all semites - which includes Arabs) with the quite moral and rational contempt of a disgusting regime.[/sarcasm]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by rich23]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Every one is either European, or a colonial outpost, or a puppet state defendant on the USA.

I guess that the old Soviet Union, WHICH VOTED FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT of Israel, was a puppet state of the USA then? Either that, or you are ignoring the fact that the old USSR spanned ASIA as well as Europe, and the last I checked, it was not a colonial outpost.

You need to bone up on your geography and geopolitics!

Fine.

I'll revise it for you.

Every one is either European, or a colonial outpost, or a puppet state defendant on the USA, or - in one solitary case, a nation straddling both Europe and Asia.

Got anything to say about my actual point, or would you like to split another couple of hairs?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join