It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency Drops Helen Thomas after Anti-Jewish Remarks!:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Anyway, I for one who will be glad to see her gone.

Me too. Now there isn't anyone left in the press corps that will actually ask any real questions. With her departure, the White House press conferences can really be the phony charade that it is intended to be. Score one for propaganda! HIP HIP HOOORAY!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
Excuse me, but, where are the "anti-jewish" remarks? sounds to me like she is criticizing a corrupt regime. Being critical of Israel does not = being "anti-jewish"

But what would you and most other people be saying if she'd said that all blacks should go back to africa?

Isn't what Thomas said just the same thing, but about a different group of people?

Really, it is ...

Really it isn't.

In fact, it isn't the same at all. Saying something bad about the government of Israel is not equivalent to saying something bad about the Jewish People. Just as saying something bad about the American government is not equivalent to being "anti-white," nor is saying something about the terror that occurs in Darfur equivalent to being "anti-Black." When the United States decided to remove the regimes of Iraq and Afghanistan, were we admitting that we really wanted to take out the Arabs?

Were all Jewish people originally from Poland and Germany? Were they shackled by tribes of their own people and by others then sold to Israel? Last I checked, that's what happened to a majority of the African American's ancestors in the US, I fail to see the comparison.

ETA:

Thanks Helen for your years of service, and the constant "badgering" that you gave to these poor presidents asking them questions during press conferences that they didn't want to answer. Sorry to see you go, but now we can have a completely obedient Press Corpse that takes snippets of what the government wants on the news and just forwards them on to the press.

[edit on 6/7/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

So true, I think Helen just got caught up in emotion and lost her head. All this anti-Semitic crap is just smear. I'mma miss the old lady, she was a tough nut and now all we will see are the sissified, suck up press corp. And don't tell me Fox will do her job. Fox is too busy sucking up to Palin.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Criticism of Israel does not equate to criticism of jews or anti-semitism.

Same way criticism of Obama doesnt equate to criticism of his race.

End of story.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Good riddance to the World's Ugliest Lebanese Nazi Propagandist

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sometimes people overcomplicate things. That seems to be happening in this thread, as it often does with anything related to Israel.

Very simply, you have someone here who stated that the Jews in Israel should "go back to Germany and Poland."

What makes that statement more interesting is the fact that this person was an adult during the Holocaust and knows exactly what happened to the Jews who were in Germany and Poland at the time.

I don't see any criticism of the Israeli government in her statement that day. I guess the line "criticism of Israel isn't anti-semitism" gets repeated so often that it even comes into play when there was no criticism of Israel in the first place.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by centurion1211

Excuse me, but, where are the "anti-jewish" remarks? sounds to me like she is criticizing a corrupt regime. Being critical of Israel does not = being "anti-jewish"

But what would you and most other people be saying if she'd said that all blacks should go back to africa?

Isn't what Thomas said just the same thing, but about a different group of people?

Really, it is ...

Really it isn't.

In fact, it isn't the same at all. Saying something bad about the government of Israel is not equivalent to saying something bad about the Jewish People.

In fact it is the same.

Because Thomas wasn't talking about the "government of Israel" as you claim.

She told the Jews of Israel that they all needed to return to the countries they or their ancestors came from.

In the Balkans and elsewhere, they called that ethnic cleansing and it was routinely condemned by the world and the people participating in it were accused of "crimes against humanity".

But for the Jews in Israel, a double standard quite obviously exists - here on ATS and in the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
wow...

i am not laughing at the situation by far... I am laughing at the state were in when someone voices their opinion and are forced to resign since it doesn't follow the current policy...

welcome to the fascist states of America controlled by the military industrial complex and the world banksters.

(Sigh)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Because Thomas wasn't talking about the "government of Israel" as you claim.

She told the Jews of Israel that they all needed to return to the countries they or their ancestors came from.

That is precisely what she said.

The excuse of "she was attacking the government of Israel so it's ok" does not apply here. She was NOT attacking the government, she was attacking Jewish people who live in Israel.

This is simple reading comprehension. I'm not sure I understand why some people are trying to distort that.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow, what a dumb ass move on her part. I honestly have very little understanding (or patience) for people who talk out their ass and then when people try to call them on it, they immediately retreat to saying it was "off the cuff" or "taken out of context".

All such actions are merely an attempt to make excuses or else justify horrible behavior. If people make mistakes like this, I am much more inclined to be forgiving if they issue a formal apology and take ownership of their behavior than those who hide behind their lawyers and PR people.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, after she voiced the unspoken left-wing sentiment about Israel, everyone has since shut her out. I guess the phrase "honor among thieves" doesn't apply to politics...

WH rebukes Thomas
High School Commencement Speech ... CANCELED! - although I wonder who would book her to begin with.
This is rich: White House Corespondents Asst. Mulls Punishment - for what? They've all been saying this for years now... what's the big deal?
Crawford won't write any more self-indulgent diatribes with her either!

Good Riddance. This is long overdue.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
She spoke her mind and now she's out. That's the message, never mind what she said.

Don't you want to be able to speak your mind without worrying about being fired or forced to retire?

I miss reporters and journalists with opinions that are their own.

And stop picking on her age, bless her for living through so much. Think many from our generation will hit 90? We should be but we won't.

She's lived history, we've only read it. I'm sure we'd all find her stories far more interesting than the official!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

There's more here than meets the eye. They were baiting her and knew she would bite. A little over a week ago, Obama called on her during his mid-day press conference. The liberal press was eating him alive over the Gulf fiasco if you recall. Not something that he was accustomed to. He was in need of Helen's looney liberal comic relief and so he called on the senior reporter. Please Helen, a softball question if you will! Instead she threw the Afghanistan question at him. Ouchee!!! First the oil debacle and then Afghanistan. There was nothing on the teleprompter about Afghanistan! This during a mid-day press conference designed to take some of the pressure and focus off of Barry's deliberate heel dragging. Helen had gone off script.

And so looney liberal Helen Thomas became a target of the very Marxists that spawned her. Poor Helen, she didn't believe they were all Marxists. I certainly hope that at her "advanced age" she will not soon be in need of any health care.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Well, after she voiced the unspoken left-wing sentiment about Israel, everyone has since shut her out. I guess the phrase "honor among thieves" doesn't apply to politics...

This folks is the unspoken truth. She said out loud what this administration says in private.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Really? Telling one to get the hell out of their own country i.e. because you don't belong and you have no right to be there. That is not an anti Jewish remark?

Well if it isn't a statement against the Jews, then what exactly is it? Corrupt Regime? Please she was not addressing the Regime She said "The Jews"

I cannot believe you would defend this windbag! She has always been a trouble maker and her reputation is based on being the " Squeaky Wheel".

I'll tell you exactly what happened. She had herself propped up so high on a pedestal, she believed she was indispensable! I guess she learned different

With that said, she has been a journalist for eons, and she knows better.
She demonstrated she has no integrity whatsoever.

I for one am delighted, because quite frankly her face scared me! LOL!

Excellent start to my afternoon! Thanks Anon!

Pax

[edit on 7-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Sometimes people overcomplicate things. That seems to be happening in this thread, as it often does with anything related to Israel.

Very simply, you have someone here who stated that the Jews in Israel should "go back to Germany and Poland."

What makes that statement more interesting is the fact that this person was an adult during the Holocaust and knows exactly what happened to the Jews who were in Germany and Poland at the time.

I don't see any criticism of the Israeli government in her statement that day. I guess the line "criticism of Israel isn't anti-semitism" gets repeated so often that it even comes into play when there was no criticism of Israel in the first place.

The Jews in Germany and Poland wanted to be in Germany and Poland. And so those that were persecuted were forced to leave and create a state from nothing. Why wasn't Europe turned over to the Jews and their persecuters made to leave? That would have been just and reasonable but not what the UN (NWO) had planned.

By the way, the Palestinians are a Semitic people. And so "anti-semitism" is a useless term when discussing this topic. These "peoples" are all related if they have ancestral ties to the region.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I bet Helen hates Jews. This does not make her point any less valid. In fact, she may be the first journalist to speak the truth in many years. She went out with a bright and honest bang. We need more like her. She was always the only one at the press conferences that asked real questions.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
i am not laughing at the situation by far... I am laughing at the state were in when someone voices their opinion and are forced to resign since it doesn't follow the current policy...

Is it really all that surprising? It happens all the time in the professional world when someone in a publicly visible position embarrasses or invites criticism of themselves or their organization through some act or comment they make. Plenty of people get canned for similar offenses.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
just came back from facebook
looks like the IDF or what ever they are called have sprung into action
facebook link

some funny comments there i will say lol

this woman should get a medal for breaking away and saying something

[edit on 7-6-2010 by illusive man]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
A reporter asked what she thought about ISRAEL, not Jews. She said, "Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine". Nothing about Jews. Palestine is occupied and she suggested the invaders get out.

Any of us would say the same if the US was occupied.

For those who are comparing this to blacks... Blacks aren't bombing our people and trying to take over our land by force like Israel is in Palestine. Whatever side you take in the Israel situation, and I don't take a side, saying that Israel should get the hell out of Palestine is not the same as saying blacks should go back to Africa. Blacks aren't trying to kill a segment of people and take over our country. If they were, then I might even suggest they go back to Africa myself. I would defend my country.

And I know what I said isn't politically correct and I know what Helen said wasn't either. But if one county were invading and taking over a nation so vehemently as to attack relief aid ships for that nation, no matter WHO they were, I would probably want them to go home.

The media has told us that this is about Jews, when Helen didn't even mention Jews. She was asked about Israel, but that wasn't exciting enough.

Helen Thomas is an incredible lady. She has said so much that really touched me, I can't tell you! I love her honesty and guts. And I support her First Amendment rights. Political correctness be damned!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join