It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP pays $48 million in damages

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to stu mason:

that ignore feature works remarkably well; thanks for being my first test case.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

It looks as if BP are paying out what is actually claimed, so if people don't put in for "big bucks", don't expect it to be paid out I suppose. I would imagine that these are also just interim payments of a kind seeing as the whole thing is ongoing and will be for quite a long time yet.

I say save judgement on their payouts until the dust settles, this is going to be a long ride but BP have said they are not going to walk away from this.

After all, they have an image to protect, if nothing else, so it is in their interests to bend over, grease up and let people have their way with them for a while.

They'll get their money back at the end of the day, don't worry...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Ah, thought that may have been the case..

Never used it myself in the 6 years I've been here.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Now there's a confident individual. Good luck.

This could be come Obama's Savior Moment. Taking out B.P. by 2012 elections could make me a Hero in many eyes. Making them think he deserves another term.

Well, good think to know that he'll muck up anything he gets Near or His Hands On-so we should be good.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
What? $48 million for 18,000 claims? that's an average of $2,666 a claim... that's chicken feed... is the livelihood of a fisherman and his family ruined for generations worth $2,666?

Here's an interesting take on how the leak is affecting at least some fishermen.

'I was lucky if I made $1,000 a month before the spill. Now BP pay me $1,200 a day': Fishermen make most of Gulf oil disaster.

Caveat in that it's the Daily Mail but interesting all the same.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join