It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A short and direct introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hello there to the good people of ATS,

I think I have officially been lurking long enough that to continue would just be asinine. So anyways, a little boring details about my life may be helpful here right?

Well I a 21 years of age and I am an undergrad at the University of Kansas in Lawrence. My specific program of study is in Physics and mathematics (My major and minor respectively) but I maintain an inquisitive interest in most academic disciplines with the possible exception of sociology, which I hate with a passion (although I may have just been cursed with a horrible professor). It seems that many people in academia (especially in social science) are flakes in the worst way imaginable, but I will save that rant for another time.

Calculus has always been my baby mathematically, as my brain does not have the patience or depth to deal with the the somewhat haphazard and ambiguous nature of algebraics, statistics, discrete math, etc. As far as physics is concerned, I am very enamored with space exploration as well as quantum mechanics and the propulsion and inertia possibilities of anti-matter and anti-gravity. I think it is entirely possible (if not probable) that anti-gravity as a source of spacetime propulsion could be realized within my lifetime.

I do realize that many people within the scientific community are none too happy with those of us who take an interest in the occult or the paranormal, but that is the beauty of the internet right? Skepticism and strict adherence to scientific methodology is fine I suppose, but if you never open yourself up to the possibilities that lie outside those boundaries, you limit yourself needlessly.

Well alright then, I will now step off my nerdgasm soap box. I look forward to having discussions with many of you.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS and glad you decided to become a member. I look forward to reading what you have to say on the boards.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hello,

Welcome to the community, you should fit in just fine here.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

I am looking forward to your posts.

Enjoy your time here.

join