It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan shares drop on cue from Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Japan shares drop on cue from Wall Street

www.marketwatch.com

Japanese shares dropped Monday morning in Tokyo, taking their cue from steep declines on Wall Street Friday on the heels of a weaker-than-expected U.S. jobs report and concerns that Europe's debt troubles may spread to Hungary. The Nikkei Stock Average shed 3.1% to 9,594.32....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Tokyo is currently down 3.77%, Sydney is currently down 3.44%. This suggests the NYSE will have a brutal morning Monday after suffering a 3.15% loss on Friday.

I don't know about other ATSers but I will be watching the markets with grave interest on Monday and probably Tuesday. The lead headline on Drudge doesn't bode well either:

(US)DEBT POISED TO OVERTAKE GDP

www.marketwatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Let the bottom drop out of it.
Let it crash!!!!!!
That's the only way
for us to start over
with a clean slate
and everybody equal
on the playing field.
This game of monopoly
has been over for quite
some time.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I don't disagree with you! Before I came to ATS I was only one of two people I knew who openly advocated for a "let it crash" approach to this horror we find ourselves drowning in.

That said, however, it is few that are prepared to weather such a storm as a complete collapse. I could, with reasonable grace, but many of those I know and most of those I care about could not. How can I wish that upon those I profess to care about?

Yet... I do. But, only because in my heart-of-hearts I believe it is the only solution.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

I'll step out on a long limb and say that Asia and Europe will decline today and the market will rebound significantly as people start taking advantage of the good deals. I gave up the notion that the market was tied to reality a long time ago.

new topics

top topics

join