It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let us make this Bill stronger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Yes they have the right idea, just the wrong people.
Bush, Cheney, Obama, the CIA, the EPA, the FDA and the FTC are some of the groups ignored by this legislation. The last three are well known for their terrorism of US citizens & companies.
It was absolutely mind blowing when I heard the courts censure the FTC & the FDA recently for trying to stop a web site for telling the truth about their products (that they actually help people).

www.globalresearch.ca...
If passed, the Terrorist Expatriation Act would strip any American that provides material support or resources to foreign terrorists from their citizenship.

"As the attempted terrorist attack on Times Square showed us again, our enemies today are even more willing than the Nazis or fascists were to kill innocent civilian Americans [in WWII]," Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Connecticut, told reporters on Thursday, according to CNN.

"Our enemies today," he said, "are stateless actors who don't wear uniforms and plot against Americans abroad and here in the United States."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.timesonline.co.uk...

Harman's bill contends that the United States will soon have to deal with home grown terrorists and that something must be done to anticipate and neutralize the problem. The act deals with the issue through the creation of a congressional commission that will be empowered to hold hearings, conduct investigations, and designate various groups as "homegrown terrorists." The commission will be tasked to propose new legislation that will enable the government to take punitive action against both the groups and the individuals who are affiliated with them.

--
We need to stop the REAL terrorists. Congress as it is is not going to listen.
November is our last chance for "Hope & Change" in America, that is if we make it to November.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It was inevitable that they would stop focusing on Middle Eastern people and go for the citizenry. It all started with the Patriot Act and now look how low they have stooped, and still some idiot will say we need to give up some of our freedoms in order to keep them.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
well it would appear that Israeli sympathizer
Joe Liberman has not learned anything from
Gitmo where it is a fact that the detainees had
a 72% innocent rate, yet they were stripped
of everything they owned and their freedom.
And could not prove their innocence cuz
they were denied due process under the
Geneva Convention.

I don't agree with this bill at all.
And I think anybody that votes for it
should be requested to resign from congress
as they deserve to be impeached when they
harm innocent citizens.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The frog is slowly cooked, and hardly notices it, till he is dead in the water.

Our "dear leaders" are the real traitors. The NGOs and think tanks that actually write these craptastic pieces of legislation do not have your best interests in mind. Nor do the politicians who are their sycophants, and who give these bills their rubber stamp approval.

Friends, we are being set up. All the pieces are almost in place for a complete erasure of our god-given rights, at which point we will be helpless pawns in a game of chess being played by unseen hands.

I just finished reading two great books on the history of communist Russia between 1917 and 1941. Although one might think that human society has "evolved" beyond such atrocities as were visited upon the poor Russian civilians of that era, (where many millions perished during so-called peacetime at the hands of their govt), the fact is that human nature has not changed--and such atrocities can occur and very likely will occur at some point in the future at the hands of "social engineers", who supposedly have our best interests in mind.

All the pieces are almost in place that would allow such atrocities to occur. Its like a house that is slowly being built, piece by piece. When the construction is complete, all it will take is a flick of the switch for all the lights to comeon--and then we are screwed--because we will wake up in a brightly-lit prison interrogation cell that was being constructed beneath our very noses in the dark. I pray that I am wrong, but I fear I am not.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I don't think they're even close to having the right idea. You don't strip someone's citizenship for providing material or financial support of something, even if it is terrorism. How long until it just takes suspicion of having done so to lose citizenship? Once you lose citizenship you lose all rights and protections set forth in our Constitution and our laws. That means no right to an attorney, no right to a fair trial, no nothing. If a citizen is found to be doing something illegal, put them through the court system and toss their hind-end in prison. No sense risking the rest of us losing our rights and protections over the idiocy of the few.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
How the USA-Patriot Act
Allows for Detention and Deportation of People
Engaging in Innocent Associational Activity

www.ratical.org...

The definition of "Terroist" is pretty broad I think it covers just about every one:

www.ratical.org...

top topics

join