It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religion is this? And what do you guys think of it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
take the time to watch these videos please
Then tell me what religion it is and what you think of it!

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I think this is pretty cool to be honest

Although don't really have an opinion when it comes to an afterlife.

please comment and I will respond

don't forget to S&F

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Without cheating and using my limited perspective:

It's most likely Hinduism, with a sort of Brahmanist focus that believes in the Atman or soul, and the self.

Or Eckankar, a religion that focuses on the fact we are a spiritual being living out a physical existence for whatever reason, and Astral Projection.

Or third guess: various New Age Philosophies.

If you like this, I would suggest looking into Buddhism - it is be an alternative to either, less metaphysics, more understanding.

edit: What I think about it? Sort of self-repetitive. We come all the way down here to astral project? We go through all of this to understand ourself? We wouldn't have to astral project if we were already spirits. I think we are here because of a million of various factors coming together, and you can't pin it down to one reason, or purpose.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Novise]

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Novise]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I remember those videos (or at least the first part) being somehow linked to Osho, that would make sense, since it has over 1.5 mil views and Osho had a huge following, mainly because his "teachings" (or ideas) were so easily understandable, he looked like a guru, had an amazing charisma and was funny as #. It's pretty light stuff, and good at that.

That "from the source to the fetus" theory reminds me strongly of the Buddhist 49 days belief. Or rather, like the Bardos, they are probably originally based on personal experiences achieved by the monks by unknown methods (probably NDEs).

So it could be either, Hinduism or Buddhism. Or a mixture of those. Osho was influenced by both.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Hey thank you for the input man I was thinking along the same lines!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Thankyou for your input it was very informative.

top topics

join