It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The era of Americans as heroes is over

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
As a Brit, I was really disappointed in the anti-war protestors at the Hyde Park March 15th rally. I can't tell you how many of these so called pacifists were weilding anti American banners and shouting the odds about Bush.

Erm hello? I feel we've been slating America and riding on its coat tails for years. I'm normally proud to be a Brit but sometimes I just want to say to the Anti Americans over here, "better to have a government who's wrong (in their opinion) than to have one that FOLLOWS a government who's wrong" I mean, are they just overlooking Britain's role in this war. Looks like it from where I'm sitting.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Anyway, he was showed political cartoons by his family who lives there. These cartoons showed bush, with a Hitler-moustach, dressed in a Nazi uniform, with a dog on his lap. The dog had Blair's face.

Makes you wonder why people hate us Americans, huh? They must think we're trying to take over the world or somthing.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's all jealousy..........envy is sin!

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We have cartoons that make fun of the French, but that's all in fun. I don't really think the French are weaklings. I think they are slighly arrogant toward Americans though...

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I don't claim to have another citizenship, but what is the perception of the Canadians on the World Stage?

Canadians are booing the American National anthem in Montreal, Americans are booing the Canadian National anthem.

Don Cherry a Canadian icon, (Hockey Night in Canada host) berates his co-anchor about not supporting his American brothers.

American businessmen talking about taking there business elsewhere.

I am not ashamed of my citizenship, I am a proud Canadian and literally wear it on my chest. But I am ashamed of my government, their inability to keep their Armed Forces strong and healthy. I am ashamed that they sent troops to Afganistan in green fatigues with desert boots. I am ashamed that they are straining relations in a time, where they are at a premium. And I am ashamed that I have to apologize on a forum like this, for a government that is sitting on the fence. I am not angry with Americans for being upset with our government, my wife is American as well as my son. I am a proud Canadian, but don't hold that against me.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
My sister is currently living in Spain and twice now she has been approached by suspicious people. First there was an African guy in a park who asked her if she was American.-The funny thing was was that she was speaking SPANISH, dresses like a European, and has brown hair/brown eyes. He had an African accent too. Then a week later she was waiting to get on a train and two Arab guys were on each side of her staring at her. She was by herself and freeked out and walked over to a guard til they were gone. Now maybe some of you guys haven't been to Europe lately, but there is an astonishing number of Arab/Muslims migrating there. They bring cheap labor to Europe. In fact I have a cousin who lives in Sweden and they have almost never seen a Muslim there and now they are spreding up there too.
Anyway my point is that I feel that my life is more important than simply telling some psyco that I'm an American. Why let him have the satisfaction of knowing, then possibly ending your life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join