It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Men and Women in Uniform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I know the US takes alot of flack (deserved and undeserved), but...

herkynoseart.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Outstanding and very moving.

I think we sometimes forget just what sacrifices our neighbors are making while we debate the merits of war.

Something like this should be played on all networks everyday. Just to remind people who we have fighting on our behalf.

If you are pro war, this inspires you to continue. If you are anti-war it inspires you to work harder to bring them home.

Thanks for the link TJW

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
while I don't support the war itself, I do and will always support our troops while they're in harms way.

that was a nice video. I had seen some of those pictures before and they always make me sad, sad that our men and women have to be away from thier homes and family,

it also makes me glad, to have those men and women who are there to fight for us and protect us.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Good show. Its important that the public not forget the mistakes of Vietnam and make sure that we support our veterans and support our service men and women. If you're opposed to the war, you're opposed to the administration, not the soliders. Lets make sure we keep that in mind even after its over.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have supported and will always support our troops. I thank them for which they did in the past and thank them for which they're doing now. They need your support whether you believe in the war or not.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Man...woooo...(lump in my throat)....that was a very moving video. Thank you for the link. God bless our fine young men and women serving in harm's way as well as all those whom work and guard the home front. Too many folks today seem to take the freedoms we cherish for granted....but indeed freedom is not free...it comes at a cost....lest we never forget that.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Although I must admit that the video is touching. True as well. I find it too much of a propanganda thing. You could do the same thing about any soldier in the world and it will touch you. I personally this video as representative of every soldiers that fight for every nations. Even the nazies. A soldier will always be respected and honored. At least from it's own country that is.

The only thing I dissagree in it is the word freedom. Although in certain case it might be justifiable. Let's just keep it real here though.

Money = Power = War = Power = Money = ...... not freedom

They do fight for freedom. In their personal achievement and beleif a soldier always fight for the right cause. Only the problem is that sometimes the cause is just an image on a screen. The truth being very well hidden from that screen itself.

So yes I say Bravo! to these soldiers!!

But please don't use freedom as a war justification. I don't want to live in a future where the word "freedom" is banned or taboo. Just like, since world war 2 the word "propaganda" used to mean "education". It has been used too much and now today is being associate with bad stuff. Just cause the nazies used it way too much. Or like that stupid thing calling "french fries", "freedom fries" rofl!! I mean c'mon, you have to be real dumb to come up with stuff like that whoever that was..... but yet it proves only one thing, and it is looking bad for the word "freedom". I'm pretty sure that if you research a lot of taboo word, some of them a war related. and yet, soldiers, once fought for this word.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
*saves SWF file to computer*
That was lovely, thank you.
Gonna hang on to that one ... these things tend to disappear off the net too soon sometimes.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Osiriss,

Is there another country in this world that offers more freedom than the US? If so, why wouldn't you and the millions of people who come here to live just go there? The reason is simple, there isn't. As flawed as this country is it's still the one worth living in and dying for. If I'm wrong and you disagree, the answere is easy, sell everything you have and buy a plane ticket to the country of your choice. Not being mean or judgmental to you or anyone who finds faults with this country, but the same door thats open to everyone coming here for freedom is also open to anyone wanting to leave.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
err scuse me but I'm not a us citizen. And yes I do live in the country I want to live, thank you. All I'm saying is that the word "freedom" is being overused. I don't see anyone being freed lately. Yes, you guys did some real good job back in history in the name of freedom. But I don't think the Irak thing was about liberation.

So for me the video represent not only the US soldiers, but EVERY soldiers who fought for a real good cause or at least truly beleive they are.

I don't see where I might have offended anyone. Unless you think that every other soldier in the world are just there for the sake of killing and to opress.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good bless the C.I.A very good comperlation
Will get a lot of support when released large scale.Yes l believe te war was justified but there are good and bad in wars and l believe it is a mistake to have the media involved in all aspects of war.Nothing good will ever come from war.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Boring. You won't find that in the UK

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, I fell a bit silly, I didn't see you were from Quebec ....But, my stance is the same. I just get upset when our "freedom" in the US is taken for granted. Yes, there are awful things that happen here and our government has corruption in it. Everyone knows it. But for those of us who can read, write, and say just about anything we want, well freedom is real. And I know that censorship happens and it;s wrong. My point is that here it is less of a problem that anywhere in the world. The proof is in the amt of people to migrate here from tyranny in other places of the world.

Sorry I snapped at you, at the moment my response to you just represented my response to everyone here in the US who take for granted what a blessing it is to be here. In spite of all of our faults in this country (and once again I know there are ALOT) I am still glad to be here!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Let me say that I will always have more respect for America's servicemen and women than any politician sitting in an office in Washington. The sacrifices the servicemen and women must make are priceless, whether they're doing it for the right cause or not. Cause makes no difference, because in the end, they are still making sacrifices.

America's servicemen and women represent everything that is right about America.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thats got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. THE WAR ! Brought to you by Joel Schumacher and next summer WAR 2 ! ( war harder ) This may come as a surprise to some of you but Ben Affleck and Will smith don't save the day and get the girl in this one.

I didn't have any sound on whiloe I watched that but please please someone tell me Mr voice was reading the captions.

join