It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin's Hidden War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I haven't been here for a bit so i apologise for the somewhat old news.

As some might know the Chechen president Akhmed Kadyrov was assasinated on may 9th of this year(who was installed by putin). There has been a huge media blackout that has kept journalist from reporting there for years. Some journalist were able to break the media barrier and give a truly detailed report on whats going on there at the moment.

www.sbs.com.au...=1&artmon=5&arty=2004#

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Link didn't work for me. Sounds like an interesting story though. Any more information you can provide us with?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Your can go to sbs.com.au... and look under dateline in this months stories. The enitre transcript is there. There are a few stories about whats been happening in Russia in the past year and i'll look up some more for ya
. There was also a grea documentary on a different progam on sbs about a few independent jounalist being killed but im still waiting for the transcript to come through the mail since its not avaiable online

www.sbs.com.au... hopefully this link will work

and here is a link to a report by human rights watchhrw.org...

and some info on the media blackout in russia and chechnya
www.cpj.org...

and last but not least a list of chechnyan news sites
www.world-newspapers.com...

hope this helps

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Are you saying that Putin killed the man he put into office? I'm confused.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It was a celebration of Russia's greatest victory, the defeat of Nazi Germany, but as Chechnya marked the anniversary with parades, those opposing Russia gave a reminder that this war has not been won. The explosion killed more than 30 people and shattered Russia's plan to scale back its forces in Chechnya. Among the victims was the man Moscow had installed to run Chechnya for it. To many Chechens, Akhmad Kadyrov was a traitor who led a security force even more brutal than the Russian occupation he served. The assassination of Kadyrov has brought the world's attention to Russia's hidden war in Chechnya. These are pictures the world is not supposed to see. Journalists have not been able to report freely on the conflict since the second Chechen war began five years ago. All media are banned from Chechnya, except on highly restricted tours with Russian military minders. To get a glimpse of what was really happening, Dateline gave a camera to a Chechen woman, who we'll call Mariam. Mariam dares not reveal her identity, for fear of reprisal.

REPORTER: Kim Traill

Putins installed leader was killed by chechynan rebels. This report goes into great length about Russian military acts against civilians, retailation on media for reporting, the denial of Russian authorities that there continued widespread operations, including but not limited to ethinic cleansing, russian troops robbing civilians, and Russias state controlled media giving a completely different outlook.
After seven years of brutal war, 70,000 Russian troops are still in Chechnya. There is no sign that the Chechens will submit to Russia or its proxies. Putin's hidden war has no end in sight

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
rotfl....Putin's hidden war has no end in sight .....is that what is called a play-on-words??

Interesting very interesting.....

new topics

top topics

join