It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Surprising Truths Of What Motivates Us. PLEASE Watch!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

This lively RSA Animate, adapted from Dan Pink's talk at the RSA, illustrates the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace

I believe this may only be a factor under stress, such as a contest.. which it was.
If you get paid 100,000k a year to do a job, chances are you'll do it better.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey, that's a great video and very interesting. What I also find interesting, is that the Federal Reserve would spend so much money on this study. Are they planning on making some changes? What would be their interest? I know that the obvious answer would be "the economy, stupid" but an answer such as that seems superficial. You would think that the interest would either lie with Congress, the US Chamber of Commerce or even the Treasury, but the Federal Reserve? Does anyone else find this a little odd?

To conduct that research all the way in India would seem to cost more money than any potential worth for the Federal Reserve. Regardless, there was some pretty cool conclusions from that research.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
that was definitely a really cool video. lol though i find myself wondering why the eye at 9 minutes?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Makes sense now...

People go to work and do the same thing over and over again everyday.. but are directed and are not working on what they want or what they consider interesting ( most of the time ) however the company based out of Australia and how they allowed their employees to work on what ever they chose for 24 hours and how in that single day's worth of work fixed more bugs and created new ideas....

makes me wonder if we were not stuck in this repetitive cycle how much we could truly do..

Great Post.. interesting video

PEACe

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What if you paid random people to come to your warehouse full of computers, printers, crafts, chemicals, plastics, metallurgy whatever you could imagine...

They would be paid $200 for an 8 hour day, minimum 2 days... and after 48 hours they have to show you what they have created/investigated/studied/etc and that would determine if they are fired or kept on for an addition 2 days for a new, or existing, project...

Sort of like the video says, but make it an actual business dedicated to such things.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Here is a critical response to the research mentioned in the video from the world's best business magazine, The Economist. The reader comments are pretty interesting too.

new topics

top topics

join