It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Gulf federal judges have oil links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Many Gulf federal judges have oil links

news.yahoo.com

MIAMI – More than half of the federal judges in districts where the bulk of Gulf oil spill-related lawsuits are pending have financial connections to the oil and gas industry, complicating the task of finding judges without conflicts to hear the cases, an Associated Press analysis of judicial financial disclosure reports shows.

Thirty-seven of the 64 active or senior judges in key Gulf Coast districts in Louisiana, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida have links to oil, gas and related energy industries, including some who own stocks or bonds in BP PLC, Halliburton or Transocean — an
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessweek.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Oil Might Keep Leaking for Months After Relief Wells are Drilled

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Man, this is just incredible. I wonder if this plays into a greater Oil conspiracy, or if this is purely coincidence. Nonetheless, I find this news intriguing. I am wondering what everyone here at ATS makes of this revelation. After all, some people here at ATS have been saying that the oil leak is part of some conspiracy- although I am not wholly concinced of that. Is this something to be concerned about?

news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The pipe last week was cut to remove a kink or rather a bend in the pipe. It was reported that this kink removal would increase the flow of the oil spill, because as it was reported this kink was slowing the oil from flowing.

The logical conclusion ( it seems to me ) would have been to "first" try to do a simple test to try to increase this kink in the pipe, in such a way that all the oil spill may be easily and quickly stopped completely. But this simple test was never attempted. The kink was cut out, and the oil spill flow was increased.

Very large powerful and light weight hydraulic presses ( and hydraulic jacks ) as easily available that could have increased this kink in the pipe in such a manner as to completely close the pipe by compressing the pipe closed in order to make the pipe close up by flattening the pipe ( as if the pipe itself was not a pipe but a valve ). Flattening the pipe would have stopped all the oil flow from coming out of the pipe and also have kept all of the future oil spill to be contained within the closed compressed-flattened pipe. It would be easy for a hydraulic press to maintain the required pipe closure pressure on the flattened pipe for many years, or until the relief wells are completed.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa

Man, this is just incredible. I wonder if this plays into a greater Oil conspiracy, or if this is purely coincidence. Nonetheless, I find this news intriguing. I am wondering what everyone here at ATS makes of this revelation. After all, some people here at ATS have been saying that the oil leak is part of some conspiracy- although I am not wholly concinced of that. Is this something to be concerned about?

news.yahoo.com

WOW American corruption is getting exposed daily.

How corrupt is America, I guess it is very high level corruption which exists in the US therefore it is mostly hidden.

Even judges, ohh god, money over justice.

top topics

join