It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who have seen a dragon.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

A treasure keeper is a dragon very simaliar to what was described to me. Did he say anything about seeing claws; that could be the deciding factor between whether what he saw was real or not.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragiero
reply to post by DJM8507

A treasure keeper is a dragon very simaliar to what was described to me. Did he say anything about seeing claws; that could be the deciding factor between whether what he saw was real or not.
w

I will ask, but I am pretty sure all he saw was a large snake-like tail laying across the trail and then sliding off the trail into the wooded ravine. Maybe it was just a 100 foot snake? or a really large dragon? But I don't recall him ever mentioning any other markings or features or feet or claws or anything. It did shake him up quite a bit and he ended up quickly walking the way he came, ending his hiking for that day, and for a while after. He chose to stay on well-hiked trails after the incident.

So, could there possibly have been a hidden treasure nearby??
Has your research shown dragons to possibly be an invisible/interdimensional creature?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If there weren't any claws then he could have very well seen a worm dragon, which is pretty much just a giant snake with a few differences.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

In the ancient chinease and egyption legends, dragons they were creatures who could enter the other worlds and our world when they pleased. Such legends also tie into ancient arabian legends of people who supposidly found ways into other worlds through water, which is how dragons were sometimes said to have gone into the spirit world.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Just a couple hundred years ago, they were not called dinosaurs.
They were called dragons and are included in countless historical texts around the world, not simply the bible or folk lore.
The word dinosaur was created just a couple hundred years ago to replace the term dragon and in religious texts, dragon was replaced by the word jackal.

So lets suppose dinosaurs did exist among man and the stories of fire breathing were related to acidic venom being sprayed on victims or even villages or simply, the vomiting of bile so acidic it disintegrated all sorts of matter and life forms.
Suddenly the talk of a fire breathing dragon isn't so absurd now is it?

So what happened to them?
Considering that they laid eggs, I would bet human beings managed to wipe them out by reducing their numbers through egg destruction until they were fully extinct or seemingly anyway. I have a huge suspicion that buried deep in some of our forests, jungles and bodies of water, a few must certainly still exist. I've seen a few giant water serpent videos surface recently and make major news footage that were clear enough to indicate a species we've yet to log and fulfilling the lore of Nessy and other such "legends". A couple have clear shots of the head and these things were very "dragon-like".

Here's a great documentary on the subject of dinosaurs in the role of dragons:
loombo.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Well supposedly there are higher ranking Reptillians with wings and may be taken as draco's or dragons.

Does that sound like something can could be plausible?

I mean stories do get distorted over time...the strength thing, well you never know...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Komodo's exist. But fire breathing one's? C'mon man.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I, while being a fantasy writer, imagine myself to be a rational person who wieghs all logic before making a decision. That being said, yes, I do think there are dragons out there in the world. Extinct? They might just be. Alive at one time? For sure. I mean, let's think about it. Dragons are in just about every culture in the world...there's no way that is just a mere coiencidence.

As for them being alive today? *sigh* I am doubtful of it... While seeing a real live dragon would indeed be a marvolous thing...the fact is that dragons may not be alive anymore, and if they are, the chances of spotting one are indeed low.

There's still hope though. ^^

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxMulder91
Im not overally familar on Dragons and their history.
Have there been any recent sightings of dragons? Any sightings of "fire-breathing" Dragons?

Cheers

Did you happn to see my thread, which happenes to deal with this subject? For as long as there has been a histroy, there have been stories, myths, and legends of Dragons.

Were Humans Created by Reptilians?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by autowrench

For as long as stories, myths, and legends of dragons, there has been dinosaur fossils which could have been interpreted as dragons... Just saiyan (dragonball pun

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

It is interesting that SEVERAL cultures have stories and reference to dragons (obviously with different names in different languages, but clearly the same creature) that go back thousands of years. This was before communication across the globe was possible, and with little moving around, generally stayed central to their original location. People can be quick to write off all of these legends, stories, and ancient art that depict similar creatures/anomalies (giants, tiny people, dragons, "gods coming from the sky", etc), but remember that in relatively recent history (as opposed to the absolute beginning of man), ideas like a round earth or our planet's rotation in space was more than laughable, and completely preposterous. Also, then, a woman's womb was prone to wander throughout the body and cause hysteria (which could be later cured by orgasms). True story. I like to think that someday our ancestors will be visiting dragon skeletons in museums, after arriving by flying saucer, and laugh about the days people believed Prozac and Tums actually relieved bodily ailments.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Dragons in the Orion Nebula. Searched for the Vid, but couldn't find it. Orion Nebula birthplace of the stars for our part of the Galaxy. Interesting stuff!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I've never seen one before but i do no that they exist not only are they superintelligent creatures and n the bible if u believe it but they can take human form and some are demaonic so u can sommon one if u ok with being huanted also if anyone can give me info on a spiky dragon than that would be great.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've never seen one before but i do no that they exist not only are they superintelligent creatures and n the bible if u believe it but they can take human form and some are demaonic so u can sommon one if u ok with being huanted also if anyone can give me info on a spiky dragon than that would be great.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamdragon

You cannot "know" that they exist without having adequate proof to back up such a wild claim. Furthermore, there is no evidence to suggest the existence of any super-intelligent reptiles at any point in time.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As other members have pointed out, there are too many legends and stories about dragons, and on many different cultures, which seems to suggest that they exist or existed.
Now, if we believe that the Reptilians and their royal cast Ciakars ( also named Draconnians) are real, it explain the legends (and yes the Ciakars have wings). Now, those that met reptilians all agree (and we see it with the Zionist symbol, a snake or dragon in circle, while the Ciakars have a snake in circle with the centre blue) that they may have been Satan or Lucifer. Also, the Scandivian mythology feature an evil snake, circling the Earth, son of Loki (probably Sirien) and a Giant (Ciakars are 18-24 feeds falls, and are also found in greek, celtic, and biblic mythology).
Then, it is said that reptilians, after the big war on Earth between them and the Federation, hid under the Gobi desert, and created the asian people (no offence meant), which were the same people that worshipped the dragon, and did not tried to kill them like in Europe, which was supposedly the land of the Federation.
So basically, yes i do think that dragon exist, for they might have been slight distortion of a reptilioid-humanoid with wings being when they appeared before people. And the dragon flame might have been these beings with a flame-thrower, or something.
edit on 28-7-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have a theory about the origin of the dragon myth, and sadly, it's not very fantastic (although very interesting I believe).
Doing some research, turns out the word "dragon" comes from Greek "drakkon" which means "snake" or "serpent". Ancient Greek depicted dragons as giant snakes, not winged reptiles.
What if dragons, as the Greek understood them, were actually python snakes?

Here's my line of thought:

- "Dragon" originally meant snake. Ancient Greek depicted dragons as giant snakes. Two famous examples are Python of Parnassus and Ladon, the guardian of the Hesperides.
- There are no giant snakes in Greece, but they do exist in Africa and Asia. Today we call them pythons.
- Greek (and later, Roman) sources describe dragons once and again as being snakes of great size, native to India and Ethiopia.
- Python snakes are found in Africa and Asia, including India (Indian and Reticulated pythons) and Ethiopia (African rock python). All three species can reach huge sizes (up to 8 meters at least) and they probably grew to large sizes more often in ancient times, when they weren´t so heavily hunted and their habitat was more intact.
- Ancient Greek (and later Roman) sources including Pliny the Elder describe dragons as coiling around their enemies, including enormous beasts such as elephants, and strangling them. No mention of venom, fire-breathing or other elements, which were almost certainly added in later times.
- Python snakes kill their prey (including very large animals, although not elephants of course) via constriction- coiling around them and squeezing so hard as to stop breathing and blood flow.

This means that we have three lines of evidence to link dragons and python snakes: a) They're both giant snakes, b) they both live in India and Ethiopia, and c) they both kill prey by constriction.

There's even one very interesting image of Ladon, the dragon that guarded the Hesperides, that shows him as a large snake (and not even an abnormally large one!) with skin patterns that closely resemble those of a reticulated python. Although this could be coincidence, it should be noted that the image dates back to the 4th century BCE. At this time, Greek naturalists and historians were traveling to, and living in India, where the reticulated python is found.
Is it possible that they sent or brought back either live pythons or their skins to Greece? If this was the case, then the possibilities are fascinating:

- Live python snakes may have been kept and raised in Greece. Now, python snakes prefer much warmer, more tropical places, yet I suposse some of them could potentially survive and attain great size (much greater, at least, than native Greek snakes). The large size and dangerousness would make them intimidating animals. What if some ancient Greek actually did use pythons to guard temples, shrines, you name it, thus starting the idea of the dragon as a guardian of treasure?

- This may be stretching it, but the fact that Ladon, the dragon of the 4th century painting, looks like a reticulated python is interesting, as this species is larger and more ferocious than the Indian python which was the other large snake living in India at the time. A better guardian?

- Python, the dragon slain by Apollo in Mount Parnassus, may have been a large python snake. Now, the myth of Apollo vs Python has been interpreted by some historians/archaeologists as being a memory of an actual happening; the arrival of a new religious leader who crushes the previous cult (which had the dragon as its deity) and replacing it with his own.
Some people believe Apollo was a real man, and that Python was possibly one too. Others say Python is simply a representation of the old cult. But what if the dragon was real? A huge, old python snake kept as a sacred animal in the Mount Parnassus shrine and brought from either Africa or Asia?
Snakes had been sacred animals in Greece since before the Olympian gods, so there wouldn´t be anything strange in a temple/shrine that kept live snakes. What's more; the Kerna spring waters flowed under the temple keeping it warm and steamy according to ancient sources, which sounds like the perfect environment for a giant snake native to warmer, more tropical countries.

Last seen in Europe in the Roman circus, the python snake became unknown again in the Middle Ages and it is then that the dragon starts gaining wings, fire breath and other traits borrowed from real and mythical animals (Greek dragons didn´t breathe fire, but Chimaeras did...) and eventually the modern image of the dragon was born.
This of course covers only the Western dragon myth, but I've been told the Eastern dragon also started out as a snake-like creature, and later developed into the crested, four legged, whiskered animal we see today. China having native pythons and being close to India and South East Asia, it may very well have taken inspiration from pythons as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragiero

I have seen dragons

I ate alot of acid and the morning after while standing on the mountain and watching the sun rise I saw hundreds of dragons... They were just trees of course, but if ever was i on the verge of flipping dimensions it was then

They were very beautiful and very active and i will never forget.

I have a dragon tattoo that is on my ribs and eventually will go to my foot..

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
THis thread should be nonexistent. The flying firebreathing dragons do not exist. But I have seen a dragon.

www.google.com...://homepage.mac.com/wildlifeweb/reptile/komodo_dragon/komodo_dragon_04tfk.jpg& imgrefurl=http://homepage.mac.com/wildlifeweb/reptile/komodo_dragon/komodo_dragon.html&h=600&w=900&sz=128&tbnid=sM_pgxj5elk67M:&tbnh=97&tbnw=146&prev= /images%3Fq%3Dkomodo%2Bdragon%2Bpicture&usg=__0OSD65HibLPOojXBe8BO4nbDtnc=&sa=X&ei=Zj8NTMqoJML38Ab71OmRBw&ved=0CBoQ9QEwAQ&start=0#tbnid=sM_pgxj5elk67M &start=1

Seriously what is the deal with you and dragons? Ancient people seeing trex bones and flipping out I can understand. Maybe a dinosaur survived the extinction or theres still a pterodactyl or 2 floating around. But honest to god dragons? Get real.

You must have had a thrilling childhood.
And the prize for worlds most unimaginative and boring person goes to................. THIS PERSON!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I want to believe in the supernatural and cryptids so I hope they exist.

We can also make them, genetic engineering is coming a long way.
We are probably only 20-30 years out from actually making new species.
All we need to do is unlock enough creatures genomes and then learn what each part does and synthesize lines of genetic code.

Create a creature that consumes fruit and grain and ferments it into alcohol in a separate stomach, add an enzyme that makes it viscous.
Pass the mixture past the mouth with force and passing an organ that sparks an electrical dis charge and bam you have fire breathing.
The hard part would be training it to use these new organs.
Before you write the code the creature doesn't exist so it in essence has no "instincts".

I do believe there is stuff out there that we don't see, or that knows how to hide from us.
I would love to have a fire-lizard or two as a pet ala Pern.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join