It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neem Oil - Another of Nature's Wonders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have found a few threads that make mention of Neem Oil but none really dedicated to it's many, many uses.

Neem Oil comes from the seeds of the Neem tree. It has uses from pesticides to skin care to more pressing medical issues. It is sold at my local nursery so I'm sure you can find it near you and it is very cheap and easy to use.

Make sure you read how to use the oil if you decide to use it internally because as with anything to much of something can be bad. I have included a few links but there is a TON of information to look through so the first site should keep you busy for awhile.

www.discoverneem.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Neem oil is great.
It stinks to high heaven in its raw form but it has many healing properties and is a natural antibacterial.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ha thanks for the move
kinda new and while looking where to put this somehow completely forgot to look in BTS.

It really does stink a little, kinda nutty or something.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hello! I recently started a thread on another kind of oil that is also beneficial for the health. Glad to hear about another one!

I didn't know about Neem. Seems pretty interesting. I will look into it.

Do you know in what way it can become toxic? Is it just if taken internally? I guess it is written in your links ( I haven't had the time to read it all yet ) but a heads up would be nice.

I have to say its anti-viral and anti-fungus properties are interesting to me. Not that I'm sick at the moment, but you never know when...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

It is not highly toxic at all. I believe it's recommended not to really take the oil internally but rather the leaf, also most affects I think are more linked to reproduction.
I have read a few things showing possibility for Neem Oil as a safe contraceptive.

The oil is normally recommended as an external use for things such as acne, and other bacterial infection. The way it is used as a pesticide it actually prevents the pests from reproducing (not helpful little guys like bees though because they do not eat your plants therefore not eating the oil.) so it will kill just about all those harmful insects in about 1 life cycle.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide

Thank you. I guess that if it can be a contraceptive for us, it is somewhat logical that it prevents reproduction in undesirable critters!

Another question, if you allow me. Can it be used to clean surfaces with molds?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

I actually haven't tried that, it seems like it would work because it prevents mold in plants. I would say it's definitely worth a try, hmm i actually have a sponge that i was just about to throw away that has a little big of mold starting to show, i think i will put some on and see what happens. Great idea!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NWtoHide

I hope it works! I hate that orange mold that appeared because of the 99.9% anti-whatever cleaners they now sell. The orange stuff must be the 0.01% that survives...

Anyway, expect me to have some more questions or strange ideas as I read the info provided in the links!

Will wait for good news of molds death!

PS:NWtohide! Click on member tools link, on top of the page and then click the link to U2U private messages!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Aresh Troxit]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I love neem oil.
Its comes in all kinds of forms.
The other day at the hardware store I saw a neem oil spray for plants and flowers.
I have used neem as a bug repellant,a topical ointment and a friend of mines mom used it to heal an internal problem.
I can't say enough good things about neem and all its uses.
From what I understand it has been used in India for the past 5000 years.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yea some of those sprays you can find at hardware stores have other harmful chemicals in them. Make sure to use sprays that use real neem oil not extract. I find 100% neem oil at my local nursery and make my own spray. Only about a tablespoon in a gallon of water with 1tsp of liquid dish soap to help dissolve the oil.
It really works wonders, never any bugs on my plants.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I just for some reason realized i never posted my results so for anyone interested here it is.

The neem oil did kill any and all mold I had growing on the sponge. It seems to be a very effective tool.

I also had a small wart on my thumb that had probably been there for 6 months and I just never did anything about it. After a week of applying neem oil I could tell it was dying and a few weeks later it simply fell off. No painful freezing or cutting it out.

Neem is one of the MANY natural occurring substances that can be used to improve our lives. I just get so frustrated sometimes thinking about how many things we use to "help" us that are actually doing harm to our bodies when there is almost always a natural safe way to get rid of ailments. Many times we don't need anything at all, many ailments are simply in your head. It's quite simple really to cure a common headache with a little bit of meditation and relaxation.

new topics

top topics

join