It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whirlpool In The Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I dreamt last night that there was a hole in the ozone layer and a storm started in the sky, a whirlpool-like hole in the clouds. A bunch of devestating storms would occur, though nobody was prepared for them, and a portion of the East Coast would be "wiped out". My dead father gave me the message, and expressed frustration at not being able to do anything about it. But I told him that I knew in time & could move to a residence inland--I began to pack my belongings, filling bottles of water for the trip. Meanwhile, most of the people in my neighborhood blissfully watched television; then the reception started going bad, and a newscaster burst in with breaking news. Visions of windows either frosting over or shattering. I kept filling bottles of water, then I woke up.

I have no timeline for when these events were supposed to occur, nor am I sure that it is predictive. Yet I feel in my gut it is some sort of warning dream. I was thinking about my long-term plans yesterday, and how I really felt a need to move out of my densely populated urban coastal city in the next couple of years and move inland & rural. Suffice it to say that this dream has not altered my plans. I am also finding it hard to go back and "blissfully watch television" -- which I suppose is a good thing regardless.

Make of these visions what you will.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Your dream is interesting - have you recently been either seen "The day after tomorrow" or seen advertisements for the movie?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've seen advertisements for the movie, but I have to wish to see the actual film. What bothers me about the film & this dream is that I've had dreams about a storm hitting coastal areas extremely severely to the point where it seemed like "the end of the world" before. But it wasn't the end of the world--just more like devestation to a piece of it. And highly populated coastal cities on both coasts -- isn't that where we keep a lot of the media, entertainment, publishing, technology, highly-skilled workers, works of art and other irreplaceable things, not to mention the tremendous volume of people? If a storm or tidal wave or earthquake of a great magnitude struck one of those cities--what would happen? Maybe we should develop an alternate plan to take these possibilities, which are within the realm of reason, into consideration.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I know numerous people who have had dreams of late about a huge wave hitting the coasts of various continents. The big problem is to establish whether its a true prediction or the fear that movies like "The day after tomorrow" might stir in people.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a whirlpool in the clouds, coastal area...sounds like you dreamt of a severe hurricane to me. just a thought. how close to the coast do you live?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Maybe this is a prediction of a hurricane this season. Gulf and East Coast usually get each year. I heard the other day on the news this year is susposed to be especially bad for hurricanes. I hope not .

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
CC,
I know what you mean. I also live on the coast and for the past couple of years have had a "strange urge" to move inland. I've also had a repeat dream of a tsunami hitting the beach. It disturbs me each time. I can see a beach full of people, the water receeds back a couple of sandbars, people and children eagerly going to inspect the oddity and then a minute later this HUGE sweeping wave rapidly approaches and crashes. There is not just one tsunami, but several.
To answer some questions in advance, no I have not seen the day after tomorrow. These dreams have been occuring years before the movie came out. I've always tried to dismiss it as some subconscious struggle, but the more often I have it, the more threatening it becomes. Does that make any sense?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Cheshire cat: It makes a lot of sense. Its a reinforcer of your fears/knowledge. I apologise for throwing the "Day after tomorrow" into the mix but lots of people will suffer from some form of trauma from seeing the movie , the way people feared swimming in the sea after the release of "Jaws". I was also just raising the possibility of it being the influence before the "debunker brigade" do.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Whirlpool in the sky? Sounds pretty Donnie Darko to me.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I had a crazy vivid dream about watersports and tornadoes recking havoc on a port near me. So vivid that I got cut up in all the debris flying around. The dream started off so mellow, cool, fun and took a dark turn. Maybe laying my great-grandmom to rest earlier in the day provoked the twisted dream.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hob Nob: I didn't even think about that! Yeah, that was in Donnie Darko! Come to think of it, there was a part in the dream about planes going out of control in the air as well. That movie really freaked me out.

There is also the possibility that this "prediction" is really just info being sent to me in my dream from some angel or entity or God or whoever in order to "steer" me into a certain direction in my life--almost like manipulation. I often thought that some of these very specific disaster dreams that people have (that don't come true) could really be some form of other-dimensional manipulation. It can also "scare" you out of being complacent and taking life so for granted.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
It can also "scare" you out of being complacent and taking life so for granted.

I have to agree with you on that. (Before I get slammed for saying so) It was like when I merely considered the fact that Aussie Bloke was real. I tell you, things like dreams, 9/11, and such, really put things in perspective for me.
Mynaeris: All is forgiven. I haven't seen the movie and have no intention too. When Jaws came out, I was one of the dumba$$'s that still would go surfing. Aging makes you realize what you take for granted and what a jacka$$ you've been, and how precious life is. Okay, I'll get off my soap box now.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I have no timeline for when these events were supposed to occur, nor am I sure that it is predictive. Yet I feel in my gut it is some sort of warning dream. I was thinking about my long-term plans yesterday, and how I really felt a need to move out of my densely populated urban coastal city in the next couple of years and move inland & rural. Suffice it to say that this dream has not altered my plans. I am also finding it hard to go back and "blissfully watch television" -- which I suppose is a good thing regardless.

Your dream was a very interesting read. I remember some time ago there was a topic about "End of the World Dreams" some alarming and interesting stuff is dreamt up in the human mind that's for sure. What I am learning as I age and dream and listen to other peoples dreams, is that most of the time these end of the world type/prophetic dreams have more to do with the dreamers life; plans, goals, fears etc.. But most of these 'dreamers' look for answers on a worldly scale forgetting to look closer into their own lives and the people in their lives; companions, children, work associates/bosses, friends or themselves.

You mentioned you were thinking about your long-term goals and how you really felt a 'need' to move. So inside you somewhere there is the thought of change, possibly worry, all the emotions associated with a change from one kind of life to another or one kind of place to another. Moving or uprooting from one place to another (which is very different to the one you are settled in) can place a deep strain inside the mind, which is where dreams form and surface in the sleep state(most times)

I don't know why you put 'need' instead of 'want' but there is a difference! And this difference can be why you had such a devasting "end of the world" type dream.

I am by far, no expert on dreams, especially my own. But for you I would say your dream represents your own inner conflict with changing/moving/uprooting and all the worry that goes along with moving into the unknown per say. If not, it could only have maybe two other meanings which I think were discussed by other ATS members and yourself.

I wish for you whatever the meaning for your dream- either worldy or for yourself- that there are no cataclysmic events anytime soon

Magestica

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Postscript:
the day after I had this dream, my boyfriend bought this oddball Survivalist comic book from the 50-cent bin at his local store. I was reading it over his shoulder--and the comic contained most of the incidents and even exact dialogue from my dream! Things like the phrase "the entire East Coast wiped out", filling bottles of water in case "the big one" hit, breaking news on TV about the disaster, and even the whole discussion about moving out into the country and away from the coastline. I was in shock -- this was indeed a prophetic dream, but most likely about reading this specific comic book the next day!

Which doesn't explain the whirlpool in the sky, however...unless on the astral plane it was some sort of "wormhole" into the future, though that future could be as banal as reading a comicbook...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I like rainbows and starlight in the sky in my dreams in place of mushroom clouds and whirlpools. To the extent that people are prone to negative interpretations of unconscious events, I wonder how good it is for your (generically speaking) grey matter to read countless failed apocalyptic predictions day after day.

Your dream was a very interesting read.

So was your analysis.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yet I feel in my gut it is some sort of warning dream. I was thinking about my long-term plans yesterday, and how I really felt a need to move out of my densely populated urban coastal city in the next couple of years and move inland & rural. Suffice it to say that this dream has not altered my plans.

I know what you mean. I have been having all sorts of dreams/visions for quite some time about these kinds of events. Even before I started surfing sites like this one. But I haven't seen anything as in your vision/dream that you saw a whirlwind in the sky.

I have been living in south Florida on and off for about 15 years. Althou I have lived in other parts of the country and other parts of Florida also in those 15 years, in quite a few occasions I left south Florida to live in another area of the country when a hurricane or some other strong storm has hit down here. The only hurricane I have gone through in South Florida was Andrew. And the building we were living at in that time was spared from damage by one block.

I do believe that all these visions are more than just an unconcious attempt to address something happening recently in my life and just being an interpretation of something personal.

The reason why I believe this is that these warnings have become in certain occasions manifested in reality, and these warnings not only made an impact on me but on my family also, as they have been witnesses of some of these events in the past.

But every person that has these dreams/visions should be the only ones trying to interpret their dreams if they feel they are just a manifestation of something happening at that moment in their lives, or if they are some sort of warning.

top topics

join