It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This sign says it all..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Sooo classic wrapped in irony

Beautiful catch!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe the RV should have pulled away from the pump, with the handle still in the tank.

When the handle is ripped off the hose, as you pull away, you could say,

Well, some spilled from the handle, but the hose isn't leaking.

Then, a couple of days later, you could say, well the hose is leaking, but it's not bad. Then about a week later, you could say, well, it is leaking pretty bad. I'll put a bucket over it to try and stop it.

Hmm, the bucket didn't work, so I'm going to put a straw in the end, and try to get some into my tank. Oh yeah, someone should get some kitty litter to clean up that mess.

Hmm, straw isn't capturing much. Maybe we'll try a derby, and we can capture some of this oil for processing.

And would someone find some kitty litter!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thx, for posting. The irony, well made me chuckle. S&F

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThenThanCorrectionMan

Oh no, you got a point penalty?! What ever will you do? I guess the first amendment is not respected here?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Agreed, this sign should be on the media and viral in the world to force BP to clean up their mess!

BTW, I love your signature joke, Really made me laugh. Sorry mods I know that was a bit off topic.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Crushed by the weight of the heavy irony.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Who actually went into a BP station for this pic?

More importantly...what were you doing there?

Edit: to add smiley face

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Dawged]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I wonder how many American workers will loose their jobs when BP closes down.
I wonder if BP is going to sue the owner/operators of the drilling rig.
I wonder how many Americans are on the board of directors at BP.
Did Americans get this hysterical when the Exxon Valdez had that bump?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Good questions, but this thread is not about Valdez. It's about the destruction of the Gulf of Mexico, and the humor in BP's ironic little sign.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurefireII
reply to post by ThenThanCorrectionMan

Oh no, you got a point penalty?! What ever will you do? I guess the first amendment is not respected here?

The first amendment doesnt exist on a private site. The owners of ATS can silence you for whatever reason they see fit.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
While the irony is great that the pic was taken at a BP station, all stations here have the same sign regardless of corporate ownership.

I would like to know where this was taken - just the city.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
ahahaha great find. how ironic.

SnF for this one!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
sheer irony at its best...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
OH THE IRONY! I realy wonder how many people look at that sign daily and walk away shaking their head. Awesome thread S&F

I really hope not many. Who in their right mind would give those bastards one thin cent? I would drive miles out of my way to avoid them; although there is usually competition not far.
I mean honestly, do people still go there?

~Noah

[edit on 6-6-2010 by noah1111]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The humor is appreciable.

Putting the sign in context however.... British Petroleum IS a big company and culpable for the Gulf situation, however the many, many, many retail outlets, that we know as BP gas stations, are LOCALLY OWNED, and NOT British owned. 100% of American BP stations are local franchises. They have no tie to British Petroleum other than the obligation to buy fuel from "BP."

Please do not shoot our private sector in the foot.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doubleagent
BP should be forced to halt all selling, drilling, and refining activities within the United States or its territories until the leak is fixed, the spill is 100% cleaned up, and business and people affected by the spill have been paid reperations totalling 250% of their losses.

If only we lived in a perfect world

We can only dream...

Thats good enough for me !

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I have been chatting with a number of individuals on this disaster topic, and from the time of the incident to the time of discovery of what may have caused it, it may very well be our own infrastructure MMA (Mineral Management Agency) or MMS (Mineral Management Service) Cabal.

Salazar Didn't Focus On Reforming Minerals Management Agency Before Spill

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Since the spill, of course, the administration has taken the more drastic step of breaking up MMS, separating the parts of the agency that collect royalties and enforce environmental regulations. Some critics argue the administration still hasn't gone far enough.

There is deeper lingering questions to this whole mess, but yes, BP should stand as the major contributor, even if they were bribing the powers that be.

And by the way OP, "S&F"

great visual effect and point there!!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the pic. It gave me a little giggle. So much irony out there in front of our eyes. You might enjoy this picture from as Esso petrol station in Ireland.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by STUART2112]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk
haha that made me smile,it's going to be a long rod out of this mess for BP,going to cost millions if not billions.
i wonder if they would see the funny side

The only way BP doesn't go under from this is if they are the front runners for Clean energy and actually come up with a way for us not to use oil.........

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

"We're going to clean-up the oil, we're going to remediate any environmental damage and we are going to return the Gulf coast to the position it was in prior to this event. That's an absolute commitment, we will be there long after the media has gone, making good on our promises."

news.bbc.co.uk...

better hold their words aye

Are they going to bring the dead animals back to life, too?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join