It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Did Extraterrestrials Survive Their Nuclear Age?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Have you considered this?

There is no-one out there! Maybe WE are the main event? (McKenna said that, although I'm not a fan). Have you heard that one meter (1m) is, when comparing the calculated size of the universe and the smallest found particle, right there in the middle?

Also, could you imagine living in a space that IS limited? Wouldn't that be even crazier?
Maybe "god" is extremely claustrophobic? He's obviously an artist too. And an engineer. Most of all, a scientist.

Now that we know that other dimensions may (and probably do exist), how are things in them? Is there any life? Or are they like us, that they identify with all life? Do they even experience life the same way we do?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
Have you heard that one meter (1m) is, when comparing the calculated size of the universe and the smallest found particle, right there in the middle?

The universe is constantly expanding. But even if that was true, what is the significance of 1m?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The maths says it is impossible for us to be the only race alive in the universe.
THE DRAKE EQUATION then you'll say The Fermi Paradox just because we perceive what we know to be "IT" doesn't mean theres not more, for instance.......Spectrums of colour we don't see.... atoms that they use for comunication and travel e.g factual Tachyons. As a species we are merely infants in the infinite scale of the Universe.
I stick with my reasons for why they may have survived their nuclear age.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Yes, I know, I actually posted a reply once including that link myself. I think that if we don't find any other civilizations, it raises pretty interesting philosophical questions about ourselves, where we're coming from and what's the meaning of our existence, if it has any.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

The article does bring up an interesting question and some prominent people have interesting takes on it. One suggestion is that since there is no apparent direct evidence of ET life that quite simply, they didn't survive nuclear technology. Others take a stance that since we have survived our nuclear technology it follows that other life forms also would. Another possibility: they destroyed their home planet and doomed themselves to nomadic behavior.

No matter how one looks at it this is an interesting question.

Firstly, we have not as yet survived our baby-steps with splitting atoms. We have a long way to go before we can make claim to having survived it, as we still may face limited nuclear detonations in "skirmishes" or even global thermo-nuclear war despite most people understanding the futility of such events.

As to the main question asked, which I think is a good question on all accounts... some probably destroyed themselves and some probably did not.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Of course dunno. But it seems to me EBE races know and understand MAD is no way to lose. So they get along. As Spoke says' 'Simple Logic'.

Decoy

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

People shouldn't be saying that we've survived our nuclear technology.

There's still plenty of time for error, and we definitely don't need to jinx ourselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Explanation: How Did Extraterrestrials Survive Their Nuclear Age?

Glowingly!!!

Glowingly [freedictionary.com]

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, this is an extremely difficult question. I believe that any form of life that possibly can exist, probably does. The universe is a big place with a huge amount of potential. To assume that all intelligent species follow the same or similar social and technological path as us is ridiculous. Sure, it stands to reason that some would. However, I'd imagine some species could have skipped nuclear technology entirely.

If we only consider species with a similar social and behavioral background, which I'd imagine/hope is just a tiny sliver overall, then I'd say that many probably didn't make it. We as humans are constantly dividing ourselves in to what equates to gangs. Religious, political, geographical, and ideological gangs always have enemies. "Enemies" tend to invoke anger for the sake of perceived survival, so open hostility is a natural outcome. Anger directed at a faceless group can easily turn to pure and blind hatred. Honestly, I'm amazed we haven't been in a nuclear world war yet.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Any intelligent life could be so radically different that they never develop anything we would recognize as technology. EVen if one race did , the vastness of our universe may always be the obstacle that may cause all civilizations to remain alone.

I always thought that if that distance were to be traversed it would require a craft that doesn't move at all. It would instead move the space around it. What laws would it be held to then? After all, space itself bends in an instant . THe craft would be able to "move" in any direction without the effects of gravity or inertia at any speed in an instant. Weird.

Sorry, just thinking in type form there.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Much like how debunkers use our own human scientific progress to gauge the potential progress of extraterrestrial civilizations in reaching other planets, the same applies here.

You cannot use human tendency towards violence as a gauge for extraterrestrial civilizations. All of them could be completely different and potentially peaceful. We just don't know as of yet.

yup, one thing humanity needs to get rid of is money. If didn't have money, then corruption and greed wouldn't be in the picture and we wouldn't need an atomic weapon.

But I take back the corruption part though.....It seems to be embedded in us no matter what.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three Legs
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Imagine if a species who had a million years of evolution on us had worked these things out?

Or even one that is JUST as advanced as we are, realized it 100 years ago. Things would be very different.

Things would be different that is for sure.
1. There would be twice the human population fighting for the same resources.
2. Mankind would have gotten dumber and weaker as a whole.

The thing is as bad as war is, it is a neccisity for improved evolution of the top species.

To understand my point. Lets say we never have a war again and we all have compassion on our fellow neighbors and keep adding entitlements to keep people from falling througgh the cracks. Lets say we do that for a 1000 years and pretend we dont all go bankrupt or realize we are stupid for working when entitlements will take care of us.

So 1000 years later what would you have. Probably 100 billion humans crammed onto the planet. In that 100 billion you would have the majority stem from some underachieving, undereducated gene pool.

So we would basically live like in the movie Idiocracy but with a huge density of humans.

Of course, we all know that
1) Successfull and highly educated people have more children
2) Economic success is a hereditary trait
3) We make sure that only people with hereditary diseases get to the front lines

Sorry, but evolution doesn't work without natural selection. Man has started to do everything in his power to stop nature from selecting somewhere around the neolithical revolution.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I feel that once we have proof of other civilizations that we will find more similarities in our evolution than differences.

Why ? Because we are all related.

The discoverer of DNA has said that the likelihood of our DNA being created by mere evolution is as likely as a tornado swooping through a junkyard and constructing a 747.

An interesting perspective on the original topic pertaining to extraterrestrial survival of a nuclear age can be found in a very interesting book entitled :

"The Thiooba Prophecies" by Michel Desmarquet

Which describes an extraterrestrial civilization that went to nuclear war, decimating their planet, resulting in it unable to sustain life any longer due to radioactivity and cooling as a result of nuclear winter.

The survivors migrated first to Mars, finding it to be cooling as well and then later migrated to Earth.

This fact I find Interesting because this is also what the Book of the Hopi describes in the origination of their people. As having come here from another planet, first arriving on Mars and later coming to Earth.

I cannot vouch for the validity of the book but it does point out many technical details and historical information to be mere fiction created out of someone's imagination for profit.

In the preface the author states:

I have written this book as the result of orders received and which I have obeyed. Further, it is an account of events that happened to me personally - this I affirm. I imagine that, to some extent, this extraordinary story will appear to some readers as science fiction - a story entirely invented - but I do not have the imagination that such a fabrication would require. This is not science fiction. The reader of good faith will be able to recognise the truth in the message I transmit from my new friends to the people of the planet Earth. This message, in spite of numerous references to races and religions, reflects neither racial nor religious bias on behalf of the author. Michel Desmarquet, January, 1989

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Despite all of the criticism you've received from others in this thread, I agree with your views on this subject and have shared them for some time now(before I even became a member of this website). In fact, I literally just became a member about five minutes ago for reasons I will explain in several sentences when I've finished ranting.

Being a long-time lurker of ATS, I have read some pretty ridiculous things and skimmed over topics which must have been posted by someone claiming residence in a home for the mentally handicapped. However, your posts over the last couple of pages have had more insight and truth than those claiming the exact opposite of what you're stating. Apparently the Earth is still flat and will be for the next 100,000 years according to some....Pshhh

To be completely honest, I'm drunk as hell right now. At this point illogical arguments should make complete sense to me, but they don't at the moment..For some reason...

I can't remember the dude who was criticizing you several pages back. Threeleg something? Either way...F*ck, dude....Really? There's enough scientific evidence to prove that we can make it to Mars in less than 40 days now; only 60 years after the development of useful rocket technology(www.unexplainable.net...). In 100,000 years we better be able to make the spacecraft of today look like they were designed by Hasbro. In short, you have got to be shi**ing me. The only thing that is wrong with this thread is your attitude (insert name here). So, for whats it's worth, a drunk dude has come to your aid, TenthPower. Now that I've joined ATS while drunk, I just hope that I can keep up while sober.

As far as the "surviving the nuclear age" goes, I feel that we nor any other potentially intelligent species will ever destroy themselves with nuclear technology in any form of military conflict.

The ultimate goal is survival. An intelligent species would realize that utilizing nuclear weapons extensively would be counterproductive, even for the faction/race using them; hence why today's superpowers haven't solely used nuclear weapons to end wars. The truth is that wars could be ended in less than thirty minutes with nuclear weapons. Why don't we use them then? The greater truth is that it would never be useful for intelligent species to do such a thing.

Once we've nuked the living fu*k out of every square inch of the planet, where would life thrive? Radiation would consume everything and make what we have conquered inhabitable.

Interestingly, the U.S. government makes us fear these weapons being used against us. I for one don't think this would ever happen. Nuclear weapons are most effective as deterrents, not as actual weapons. Terrorist factions know this, that's why they want us to know that they are attempting to create/obtain them.

I feel that any developed species would steer clear of using mass amounts of nuclear weapons to achieve their goals, assuming they knew the risks. The attacks on Japan were despicable to say the least, but did we really know how terrible of a weapon we had created? Because we used them, we now know.

Simply put, I give an intelligent species several uses of nuclear weapons before they learn not to fu*k with them, at least on a planetary scale. It seems utterly retarded that a nuclear holocaust could actually happen. Nuclear Weapons = deterrent > destruction.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
or we dont know about them because the time it would take them to reach here (unless they go faster than the speed of light) our planet will have been destroyed by the sun unless they were destroyed already.

Even a nuclear reaction leaves debris and any planet we could see the surface of would clearly show this debris and if not debris then nothing or a little purple man waving his hand at the camera.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I thought this was ATS.

The place where people already know about Star Beings.
There are many books on the histories of various Star Being species.
Here's a compilation rune.galactic.to...

There are mentions of using nuclear weapons.
The sad part being that many planetary races that do develop nuclear power,
end up using it on each other.

For instance the Yellow and Black people of earth come from a planet where they nuclear holocausted each other. Much of the planet got taken over by giant praying mantis like insects. The Thiaoobans then wiped out the insects, and eventually the Yellow and Black people abandoned their dieing planet and came here.

Also there was mention of a race that nuclear holocausted each themselves and now they have to deal with giant ants.
rune.galactic.to...

There are of course other races which did not destroy themselves when they found the matches. Such as our nearby neighbours (30 light-years away) the efficiency loving Iargans, which instead formed a communisto-fascist world government regime, where everyone works for one of 6 companies, some of which provide products, and some of which provide resources to the producing companies.
They have 30 billion people on their planet.
rune.galactic.to...

Anyways here's a snippet about nuclear power from a Pleiadean contactee:

Nuclear fission and fusion as employed today for energy production and military uses are killing this planet, and no one in the scientific comm-unity has any idea why it's dying or how to save it. The reason for this is simple - they do not understand atomic structure, solar structure, or the complete dynamics of falling bodies. Physics textbooks erroneously declare our sun to be, in effect, a nuclear reactor. It is not. Because the scientific community feels confident that nuclear power is a part of nature they, as a body, have ceased to consider the possibility that perhaps they do not have all of the answers. Due to this arrogance, they are not even looking at nuclear technologies as possible causes of the damage we see occurring to our ionosphere, and if they do not look they will not see. Our planet is very sick and is weakening daily. It has reached a point where Earth's own mechanisms can no longer heal the wounds as quickly as they're being inflicted. In other words, we have reached a point of no return in that if nuclear fission and fusion are not abandoned and salvage operations begun immediately, the ionosphere will continue its rapid disintegration until life on Earth ceases to exist.

During the process of nuclear fission and fusion an atom is forced open a electrons escape. Science and industry assure us that this process is safe, because even though our knowledge of atomic structure is incomplete, any unforeseen damaging effects are prevented by the massive steel and concrete containment vessels. They are correct insofar as containing electrons is concerned, but what they have yet to realize is there exists much smaller particles of mass and energy which pass easily through the containment walls, and which strip off particles from the containment vessels themselves as they pass through. This results in an unforeseen and rapid decay of the containment structure itself - weakening it greatly within a decade - which in turn allows even larger particles (still smaller than an electron) to escape. Obviously, the problem quickly becomes progressive.

These minute particles released from an atom are negative in respect to planet earth. This means that these particles will be repelled from earth's surface to the outer regions of the ionosphere. Of course these particles are yet more negative in value than solar energy, and are also repelled from the energy emitted from the sun. Because these very negative particles are repelled from solar energy, they move around the earth, staying on the dark side of the planet in order to avoid direct contact with solar energy. These very negative particles tend to 'settle in" at any location which remains in darkness for substantial periods of time. For a part of the year this area is at the Southern Polar region (Antarctica). Accumulating at the South Pole, these particles assemble themselves with the normally positive ions of the ionosphere, which results in the production of an extremely negative plasma.

As the South Pole again begins to face toward the sun (Sept.-Oct.) this highly negative plasma is repelled, and now has nowhere to go but to Earth.

This results in a hole in the ionosphere in the South Pole region.

Some of the results of this disruption of the ionosphere will have immediate effects. For instance, as great shells of this negative plasma are pushed into existing shells of plasma, very adverse and abnormal weather conditions will be experienced world wide. In areas where the ionosphere is thicker, there will be an over filtering of solar energy, causing a reduction of sunlight available on earth and a subsequent increase in rainfall. In areas where the ionosphere has thinned, expect severe heat waves and drought conditions. Also, iron deposits attract these negative particles of mass and energy, and so areas with large deposits of iron can expect drastic changes in their weather cycles. A less immediate effect of this attraction to iron deposits will be that life forms in these areas will experience genetic changes, and an alarming increase in birth defects will be seen in these areas. Likewise, incidents of cancer and other diseases related to a breakdown in immune system activities will be noted.

As the destruction of the ionosphere continues, more drastic effects will be observed. For example, as these undetected particles of mass and energy are accepted at the poles (and elsewhere) they will undoubtedly result in an increase in the energy exchange of our planet. This will cause an increase in the rotation rate of the Earth. At first this increase will be considered a negligible factor, but the increase will be progressive, and will eventually result in the earth changing it's orbit. The elliptic will increase, and the Earth will begin it's drift away from the sun.

The increase in energy exchange will also 'heat" up the interior of our planet, resulting in great internal pressure. This pressure will be released in the form of great earthquakes and increasingly greater volcanic actions. The end result of these actions will be great continental shifts, and areas lying along existing fault lines will be at great risk. This increase in energy exchange will also cause a warming of the earth's surface, and the polar ice caps will begin to melt. Coastline areas will begin to disappear.

rune.galactic.to...

There was another thread, which mentioned the prophecy of a three year old, who said most of his family will be dead, as the earth continues to spin faster, and there is a pole shift, and a great flood. Notably the family lives in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, which is over 200 meters above sea level.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There indeed has been found to be rotational anomalies, such as after the Haiti great earthquake. As predicted they are deemed "negligible".

Much like how many oil spills were considered negligible,
and now we've got ourselves a gulf devastating gusher.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by lowki]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

they don't necessarily have to have the same problems...maybe they ironed out warfare from their culture before becoming a technological civilization.

maybe they realized its pointlessness early on...

No reason why this could not have happened

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join