It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If oil spill is 'an act of God,' BP merits divine retribution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
God spoke to Moses through a burning bush on Mount Horeb. He apparently speaks to Republicans through a spewing oil well at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.

Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.) delivered the startling revelation last week that the BP oil spill was caused not by a faulty blowout preventer but by the Almighty Himself. He explained the spill to an Oklahoma City radio station like this: "Acts of God are acts of God." With this curious theology, Cole has joined the ministry of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a fellow Republican, who last month said of the oil spill: "From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented."

So if God is responsible for the spill, and BP is the spill's "responsible party," what these men are really saying is that BP is . . . God?

Bah...what a joke these people are, do they really believe this?

TextThis interpretation is at the very cutting edge of ecclesiastical thought. In the past, our Heavenly Father has involved himself in floods, droughts and the occasional earthquake, but this may be his first foray into industrial disasters. Text

[edit on 6-6-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wasn't there something in the book of Revelation about the seas turning red? The seas to seem to be turning red from this oil spill.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If God exists

sheesh I need to WALK to liquor store for alcohol!

OK God wouldn't care about oil drilling if anything would laugh and say I give these morons the sun and they use this crap???

That guy must be crazy

so according to him the BOP had a mfg label that said "made by god"

and Halliburtons crap cement was also made by god?

nahhhh

I do think the people in Louisiana are cursed though

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I am pretty sure that "An Act of God" is more of a legal term to claim that whatever happened was outside the reasonable control of the parties involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
If God exists

I do think the people in Louisiana are cursed though

That's what voodoo will get you

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think BP has generated enough bad karma on it's own, it will come back to them soon enough.

No divine actions from God are required.

On the bright side, our president thinks it is okay to hunt whales now, maybe if we kill enough and use whale oil, we will not have to drill for oil anymore?

Karma is a bitch!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
I think BP has generated enough bad karma on it's own, it will come back to them soon enough.

No divine actions from God are required.

On the bright side, our president thinks it is okay to hunt whales now, maybe if we kill enough and use whale oil, we will not have to drill for oil anymore?

Karma is a bitch!

Yea, i totally agree with that.

well said

[edit on 6-6-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three Legs
reply to post by baddmove

I am pretty sure that "An Act of God" is more of a legal term to claim that whatever happened was outside the reasonable control of the parties involved.

So you think this couldn't have been prevented? BP was careless and there were warnings of problems.. this could have been prevented. Also, they could have had more safe guards, but that takes more time and money.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by Morpheas]

top topics

join