It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Hayward: "I haven't spoken to the President."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Q: Has President Obama actually spoke to you himself?

A: I've spoke with, um, a very large number of his immediate, um, um--

Q: But not the main man?

A: I haven't spoken *cough* to the President. Um, um, I don't feel I need to speak to the President. I've spoken to his key lieutenants who are overseeing this operation along with BP. And I would stress that the working relationship between BP and the federal agencies involved in this has been exemplary...

I'm still digesting much of this nonsense, but does anyone else find it appalling that the President and Hayward haven't actually spoken once about this crisis???????

[edit on 6-6-2010 by loam]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have been wondering the same thing, it's weird how Hayward can even smile with all this he must have ice water in his veins.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Meanwhile, Obama provides these scripted, teleprompted, unconvincing updates:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That is why, from the beginning, we have worked to deploy every tool at our disposal to respond to this crisis...This is the largest response to an environmental disaster of this kind in the history of our country.

President Obama's oil spill letter

Every tool except the one that would involve a simple conversation between the President and Tony Hayward.

What a freakin' joke!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I fail to see the outrageous disgust because the President hasn't personally spoken with the little twit.

I would rather see him spending his time with more significant endeavors, such as locating a competent party to end this nightmare.

eta: And why bother? Hayward's track record in the honesty department is below average.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

This is the biggest oil spill disaster of our time and you don't think it's significant that our President would not personally take a few minutes to deal with the head of BP on this?

Our President is our Figure Head, and it is his duty to speak for us on the most important matters, no one else can represent that most important duty.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

No, I don't think it a huge issue as it is being made out to be.
Hayward is a liar, and approaches the event from BP side only.
He's not worth the President's time or dignity. It would only be a shallow conversation, politically motivated, and I've had enough of the horse and pony show from BP.

eta: In fact, I think it's rather insulting to BP that the President has not spoken with Hayward, and that suits me just fine.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Unfortunate

We have no one else in which to turn BP, Shell, Exxon-Mobil unfortunately these Oil companies are the only ones with the equipment required to plug this well. The strike just reported off the Falkland Islands recently 240 million barrels will only supply the world with 3 days worth of oil. Therefore in order to satisfy these needs deep water drilling is a necessary evil. it's the way we go about it that's important. Clearly at least 1 relief well and/or more redundancy needs to be built into the system.

Another important critical component is consumer responsibility clearly this has been ignored long enough. It is past time now to death tax SUV's and hold the individual consumer responsible for his/her usage rates. We also need a clear plan developing green technology and push this effort not just say we're going to. Unless humanity becomes serious a tragedy like the GOM is bound to repeat itself.

This disaster is far from over, these 2 relief wells is not a guarantee fix as Mr. Hayward has led people to believe. I have already expressed my concern over this and why it's so risky.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Actually he did if you count this:

"Washington, DC - BP CEO Tony Hayward woke up to the news Monday morning that President Obama had taken the drastic step of freezing every last penny of BP's assets, including bank accounts the world over, stock portfolios, and even the cash Hayward himself had in his wallet, until every last drop of oil is cleaned up and the leak is fixed.

"That should cook their goose," he heard the President say as he listened to the news report on the clock radio beside his bed. "Unless and until this tiny little man wakes up and smells the oil, there will be no more free lunch from the United States, and I mean that literally. That little lunch counter he and his oil buddies frequent down by the water every day as they sit there and soak up the sun is now officially off-limits. Besides, he's gonna be as poor as a church mouse come about noon today, so that's a moot point."

Hayward reached for a cigarette with trembling hands and lit one up as he sat there contemplating his next move. "Ah-ha," he said under his breath although no one was in the room with him, "the President doesn't know about the stash of hundred dollar bills I keep in my socks." But just as he got the words out of his mouth, the President continued, "oh and Tony, if you're listening, we already know about the roll of hundreds you keep in your sock for emergencies. We're gonna get that too, every last cent of it."

"And to make sure you understand the severity of this situation, Mr. Hayward," continued the President, "we are sending someone up there immediately to your fancy hotel room to help you get packed. We've found a sweet little shrimp shack on the edge of the water in Blurgwenchtth Bayou, where you'll spend the rest of the time in Louisiana until that oil mess is taken care of." "Blurgwenchtth, what the fu*k kinda name is Blurgwenchtth," whispered Hayward.

Just as Hayward was getting ready to put all his belongings in his suitcase
and make a run for it, he heard a knock on the door and froze in panic. He didn't make a peep as the knocking got louder and louder. Finally, a key was inserted and the door opened a crack, "Mr. Hayward, Mr. Hayward? This is your 7 o'clock wake up call."

Source: www.thespoof.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hopefully Obama is busy getting to the just of this diaster - he shouldn't even spend his time talking to the selfish jerk, it would just be for politics and nothing would be accomplished!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A point

Bob Dudley is in charge of the GOM crisis team for BP now, so if Obama is going to talk to anyone it will be him. Hayward is going back with the daily operations or running the company.

Bob Dudley

Essentially BP uses this guy as a "cleaner" and keeps him in reserve when sticky situations arise, his last assignment "dealing with russian billionaire's" didn't work out so well. In fact BP hid him in safe houses in Russia until he could exit the country apparently negotiations broke down and Dudley had a price on his head.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Right. To not speak to Hayward sends the message:

"you have nothing to offer me".

Very insulting.

Anyhow anyway. It ain't over 'til it's over. I expect he will have a few words for him after this is over, if not before.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Ok, so we are still expecting BP to get this cleaned up and paid for, but we are going to freeze their assets and slap them in the face, with insults?
Yeah, that always works.
Hey this Tony is a freak with the smiling on camera and jerk comments, but this is not a game.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yes this is correct

I am sure Obama's advisers have advised Obama NOT to discuss GOM with Hayward, and BP's board of directors has mentioned the same thing. I'm almost positive that Mr. Dudley will be speaking with POTUS after BP lawyers advise him. He's a hands on person and that's what BP needs in the gulf right now. This is a good move for BP as well USA hopefully with Dudley things will be more organized now.

August is D-day for this event. I will explain a little how the RW's are done and calculation time.

BP has the best people in the world on these RW's I would imagine they are private contractors. They will attempt to intersect the MW casing. The chances are slim they'll hit it first time, so they have to withdraw the drill and cement (this takes time) because the drill has to be withdrawn to rig surface, once that's done they'll shoot a reading and fill to the appropriate elevation.and repeat. The tricky part is intersecting a runaway well and they will have to use heavy drilling fluid/mud which will be special formulation for this specific job. If the pressure is to extreme they run the risk of the oil/gas rushing up the well bore and triggering RW1 BOP, once the Ram sheers close that's it the well is finished and reason why many of us are suggesting option #3 which I already posted on ATS.

top topics

join