It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newspaper Shows Israel Soldiers Were Attacked (Turkish Newspaper not Israeli)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

A Turkish newspaper has released photos of beaten Israeli commandos from last week’s clash aboard the Gaza-bound Turkish aid ship Mavi Marmara last week.

Article Source

Turkey's highest circulating paper, Hurriyet, said the photos had been restored after being discarded by Israeli officials.

The photos were published under the headline: "Tears of a commando," and showed Israeli soldiers bleeding after supposedly being beaten by activists.

In some of the photos, taken by Israeli photographers, activists are seen caring for the wounded soldiers.

An IDF official has responded to the Turkish photos, saying they serve as proof that people aboard the Mavi Marmara were mercenaries who intended to kill Israeli soldiers.

He said that the navy commandos who rappelled onto the ship were able to tell the difference between peace activists and terrorists.

The Israel Defence Forces have released their own video depicting activists aboard the ship attacking the navy commandos.

The activists argued that they had been attacked first.

When I saw this headline I was expecting it to be from an Israeli Newspaper. It would have made more sense. However, this isn't the case as this is coming from the most widely circulated paper in Turkey. Interesting, as it appears that Turkey is all but justifying Israel's actions regarding the event. Interesting huh? I'll stop there and leave the rest for discussion.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Good..... And lets starve them and bulldoze the homes they live in.

Should i cry now or later?

Nazi Israel scum

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For those of you that are curious, here is the actual, original article without the Haaretz spin:

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

Sunday, June 6, 2010
ANKARA - Agence France-Presse

Pictures showing bloodied Israeli commandos being overpowered by activists aboard an aid ship targeted in the deadly raid May 31 were published Sunday by daily Hürriyet after being recovered from a digital camera’s memory card.

Kenneth Nichols O’Keefe, a U.S. Gulf War veteran who was aboard the ferry, said he was among the activists who overpowered three Israeli soldiers, according to the Anatolia news agency.

“[The soldiers] looked at us... They thought we would kill them, but we let them go,” O'Keefe said, adding that he took the weapon of one of the soldiers and emptied it, according to the Anatolia report.

I found this last part interesting. Some Israeli firearms were unloaded so that they could not be discharged at the activists. . I never even considered that as a possible reason for the weapons being taken from the soldiers. .

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here is also a link to the photo gallery:
**graphic images**

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Doesn't really matter though since they went in gung ho on international waters.
They had so many options, they could have stopped the ship dead in the waters. They could even have waited for the ship to cross into territorial waters if they really were itching to kill.

But no, they went in there guns blazing on INTERNATIONAL WATERS!

It's an open and shut case.. why are people even arguing?
Oh, I forgot.. it's Israel.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Upsetting to see those pictures.

But thats what you get when you anticipate 'peace activits' to be 'peace activits'.

Instead you get violent scum inciting further international condemnation on a country that is already despised throughout the world and fuelling further hatred for a people that have suffered more than most in their long history.

If you really are convinced that Israel is to blame, blame the government, not the soldiers.

However, Greta Berlin of the Free Gaza Movement, an organisation behind the flotilla, said passengers and crew had four times refused to accede to Israeli demands to voluntarily divert to Ashdod, resulting in the raid. "There's no way that 20 people are going to resist a fully armed force," she said. "The fact that Israel boarded a civilian boat in international waters is a violent act."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Does nobody see what is going on here? Nobody?

*cough* stitch up *cough*

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

This clearly shows a false flag operation being conducted to double deceive ISRAEL also.

It is clear that they want to take down ISRAEL also.

Question to ask is who is benefitting out of this?

NWO?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by user22009
reply to post by UberL33t

This clearly shows a false flag operation being conducted to double deceive ISRAEL also.

It is clear that they want to take down ISRAEL also.

Question to ask is who is benefitting out of this?

NWO?

This is what I have suspected for years now also Uber.

Many who comment on this subject seem so 'high on their own junk' regarding the alleged 'great Jewish world domination' they fail to see there is an unprecedented conspiracy going on under their noses.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
For those of you that are curious, here is the actual, original article without the Haaretz spin:

Exactly what I thought when I read the source. Thanks for the reality check.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There are two sides to every story.

Kenneth Nichols O’Keefe, a U.S. Gulf War veteran who was aboard the ferry, said he was among the activists who overpowered three Israeli soldiers, according to the Anatolia news agency.

“[The soldiers] looked at us... They thought we would kill them, but we let them go,” O'Keefe said, adding that he took the weapon of one of the soldiers and emptied it, according to the Anatolia report.

Ken O'Keefe, a 41-year-old citizen of the United States and Britain, was another activist named by the IDF as having links to terrorist organizations. According to the IDF, O'Keefe is an extremist who hates Israel and whose "goal was to reach Gaza in order to help train and establish Hamas commando units."

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Wow, propaganda machines have such torque.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Ken O'Keefe, a 41-year-old citizen of the United States and Britain, was another activist named by the IDF as having links to terrorist organizations. According to the IDF, O'Keefe is an extremist who hates Israel and whose "goal was to reach Gaza in order to help train and establish Hamas commando units."

It amazes me that anyone still falls for this crap.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The article is probably a politically motivated piece...

www.reuters.com...
Dogan Yayin declined to comment on Hurriyet's sharp share rise.

Dogan Yayin is currently facing a record fine of $3.2 billion from Turkey's tax authority, which has raised doubts over the ability of the holding to pay the fine without selling assets.

Dogan Yayin, which controls half of the Turkish media market, has accused the government of singling it out because of critical coverage of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan's Islamist-rooted AK Party. The government denies this.

The European Commission said last month the fine threatened press freedom in Turkey and could damage the country's bid to become a member of the EU.

www.todayszaman.com...
Doğan Yayın Holding (DYH), Turkey's largest media company, which was fined TL 4.8 billion for alleged tax fraud

www.reuters.com...
Dogan Yayin is owned by billionaire Aydin Dogan, who controls nearly half of Turkey's print and broadcasting media and has been at odds with the government over a series of corruption stories published in his newspapers.

Dogan said the tax dispute was over the sale of a minority stake in subsidiary Dogan TV Holding A.S. to German publisher Axel Springer (SPRGn.DE).

english.aljazeera.net...
Turkey arrests Ergenekon suspects
At least 18 people have been arrested in Turkey, including a university head and a media executive, in connection with an alleged plot to overthrow the country's Islamic-rooted government.

In raids across the country on Monday, police also searched the offices of two groups which took part in mass demonstrations against the government of the ruling AK Party in 2007, including the secular Ataturk Thought Association (ADD).

The arrests are part of an ongoing operation against the ultra-nationalist Ergenekon group, who prosecutors accuse of planning a campaign of bombings and attacks to force the army to step in and take power.

Nearly 150 people, including retired senior military officers, lawyers, academics and journalists, are currently on trial for their links to Ergenekon.

www.rferl.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In regard to my previous post; I was not trying to imply anything, I was merely showing how much the perspective differs between the two 'sides'.

I do not know the man, I only know what there is to know about him publicly.

He interests me as a matter of fact.

Excuse the year or so old video mods and admins, however I think it contributes to this thread in fleshing out, not only Mr Kenneth Nichols O’Keefe, but an interesting perspective of what is relevant currently.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I can prove he's a terrorist. . ! He has a beard.

Just trying to add some levity although I sometimes wonder if others secretly think that way. .

Thanks for the informative videos.

top topics

join