It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the people of the U.S. have what it takes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
In regards to the distraction regarding who's quotes are who's:

It isn't so much who is right, but rather what is right.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Jefferson and Hamilton had quite a few tumultuous debates about the First Bank of the US, which was the first central bank in US history. Hamilton had ties to the bank, which was largely funded and owned by financial interests abroad, and Jefferson despised it, and finally got rid of it.

Of course, the financial interests abroad (mainly in England) were not happy with this turn of events, and fomented the war of 1812 to put the US deeply in debt--so that it would reinstitute the bank. The result was the Second Bank of the US, another central bank, which was largely owned by foreign interests.

Andrew Jackson was the one who finally got rid of this one, in 1836, calling the bankers a den of vipers and thieves. In fact, at the end of his life Jackson felt that "killing the bank" was the most important accomplishment of his life. Nevertheless, he compared the central bank to a many headed medusa, and warned that the money interests would be back and try to institute another central bank at some point in the future.

That did not happen until 1913, when the Federal Reserve Act was passed, and now, some two hundred years after Jefferson gave his prescient warning, his words are coming true. If the economy collapses, due to an overburden of debt, (private, corporate, municipal, state, and federal), who wins?

The question is: who wins in the case of a general debt default? The answer is simple: the Federal Reserve and its supporting institutions (the Wall Street banks), who will then take possession of all the real property put up as collateral for those debts--which were created by the credit that they miraculously fabricated from thin air. In other words, all of their funny money will then be transformed into real assets--and the American public will wake up homeless on the land that their forefathers fought for, exactly as Jefferson predicted.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Thank you for the history lesson Angiras. Gonna brush up on my reading of TJ. I think many lessons could be learned if more citizens would study the history of the Founding Fathers. I wonder how many of our DC pols know about these prescient pearls of wisdom? Oh hell! I wonder how many of them can actually read anything other than the comics?

Woe to our future!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Mayer Amschel Rothschild
"Give me control of a nation's money
and I care not who makes the laws."

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GrampsLEn

Even if the DC politicians were presented with these wonderful pearls of wisdom, it would be like casting them before swine. You see, the conventional political wisdom of today is that nothing our Founding Fathers said or did has any real relevance to today's world. Its all outdated, and everything has to be viewed in a new progressive light.
So in effect, our Founding Fathers are now viewed as "fringe elements" outside the mainstream of modern political thought, and their words and warnings are heavily discounted. In other words, presenting them with these pearls of wisdom would be like pi$$ing in the wind.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Article VI, clause 3 of the United States Constitution states the following:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution.

Newly elected members of the House and Senate must recite the following oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God

"Just a Gd piece of paper" - attributed to GWB
“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

The evidence

There's no record of Bush ever using these words in public and no other news organization has reported him using them privately. Thompson based his report on three sources whom he didn't name. He gave the date of the quote as "last month," which would put it sometime in November 2005.

Thompson told us he once removed the story from his Web site when others raised doubts and no other news organization came up with a similar story. But he said he later reinstated it and currently believes it to be true. "I wrote the story and I stand by it," Thompson said in a telephone interview.
www.factcheck.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join