It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the U.S. scientists are forbidden to tell the masses as to the gulf

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Im just not sure how credible this is.....

Hey randyvs, are you ever going to check your u2u's without being reminded

You have me in stitches

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by N.of norml

The scenario does seem possible but I'm always suspicious of sourced "scientists" that don't have the guts to come out in the open. If this is real - the scientists need to grow spines. They are as bad as TPTB.

Peace

edit-typo

[edit on 8-6-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow!!
Reading that article sounded like a fire and brimstone preacher on TV preaching eternal damnation. Repent now, for the end is at hand!

The gulf might well fall victim to this disaster. It probably won't be the same for at least a couple of generations. I seriously doubt this will spread to more of an area to cause this type of catastrophic damage. There might be some oil getting into the gulf stream and out into the open Atlantic but it will be dilute by the time it reaches Europe for there to be that much of an impact.

Oil seeps out of the earth all the time. Even around where this is. Why would the water now enter deeper down now, than other times. Further, if it does, the pressures that deep even under the ocean, even if the water did turn to steam, would prevent it from expanding. If all of this debris eats away all the piping, it might actually be a good thing. That pipe into the well is providing a direct smooth path for the oil to flow up into. It also is preventing the sides of the hole from collapsing into itself.

The article itself says the pressures would stabilize, then goes straight on to contradict itself by saying one pressure would be greater than the other. When the pressure equalizes, it equalizes. That isn't going to change.

Finally, there will be a relief well drilled within 2 months now. This will finish equalizing the pressure and allow this current hole to be finally plugged.

Yes, the Gulf of Mexico will be and already is becoming devastated. Even the coastline is affected. But it will mostly be confined there. This article, if written by a scientist presents no proof that any of this could actually happen to anything other than the waters of the gulf. It is a theory, and a far fetched one that this will actually happen.

It actually sounds like he plot from a Sci-Fi earth destroying movie that my wife is addicted to watching.

Present me some proof. Or at least build up the plot line a little better before the grand ending.

For those of you who would still like to be redeemed before the end happens, U2U me and I will tell you where to send your money in order to have your soul saved.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

LOL it sounded like a fire and brimstone preacher because it was!
The point is the implications of where he is going,despite his admittedly inaccurate, or at least partially inaccurate volumes and estimates of the whole gulf floor dropping creating a tsunami.
It is by nature confined to this deposit and perhaps any near enough to bleed into it. As far as a tsunami goes if a large salt dome dissolves and collapses it will create a tsunami without the whole gulf floor need to more than just over the salt dome which can be hundreds of feet thick and miles long
And indeed oil has seeped into the gulf from below and water has not just penetrated the floor it is returned as a 90% brine solution from leaching the many salt domes littering the gulf floor.
My own take on the secrecy and disinfo about this is he blow out has fractured not only the well but the gulf floor. This could indeed allow water to infiltrate the hot depths and "geyser" or further fracture the strata. The bottom line is IMO it is already known there is NO fix for the broken floor and efforts are geared toward stalling the fact becoming known.
I have read every thread on ATS and oildrum about this spill. I have worked on offshore wells and in the oil fields. I have a degree in organic Chemistry and this extremist is closer to saying what the worst it could be than anyone going public at this point IMO. Are his figures inaccurate? perhaps but at least he is realizing "larger than just the well" at this point has larger overall implications than just the gusher of oil and GAS erupting from just what they have shown while trying to keep perceptions of the spill low. Reports of new cracks leaking even more oil from the sea floor a few miles away imply a much larger destabilization of the seafloor than is being discussed in the mainstream .
N.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Again, we have hit one of Gaia's main arteries and she is bleeding what don't you people understand?

Her death will mean our death. If the dog dies, the fleas on the dog die.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

No, they hibernate and move to another animal when they detect it's warmth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join