It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP now claims surface ship may not be able to handle all the oil they are collecting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
TRUE bp claims they may have issues collecting so much oil off the riser and storage could become a problem??????

BP is like your little brother lost in the city with no money for a taxi!

Everyday we have to listen BS coming out of Houston. They show us movies, diagrams, and more BS and now this.

Here's my solution to the newest problem!

CALL IN A SUPER TANKER YOU OWN 20 OF THEM

are these people smoking drugs, is the oil fumes affecting their judgment??? WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE DOING?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Umm...how were they handling it when the well was in full production? Why is this even an issue?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
Here's my solution to the newest problem!

CALL IN A SUPER TANKER YOU OWN 20 OF THEM

You're right.
This is a clear indication that they have no emergency plan or
training for that matter. Did they think their container was magical
and had unusual properties to hold as much oil as they could put in it?
What a bunch of *snip*heads.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Link and quote

The 6,000 barrels were recovered from midnight Thursday to midnight Friday, he said, and the goal of the capping operation is to push production to 15,000 barrels a day, which is the capacity of the ship above the damaged well.

www.nytimes.com...

absurd oil collection rate should not be limited by a surface ship! You simply have transfer hoses leading to a super tanker AGAIN I make the statement BP PEOPLE MUST BE SMOKING DRUGS

[edit on 6-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As i said BP is not handling this correctly Tanker and collection ship should be in place now! Not June 15th. So coast guard has to oder BP ton have *snap* right? What hell is going on?

LINK

coast guard order BP!

also if you further examine article NOT THAT IT MAKES DIFFERENCE Allen says BP will be collecting 28,000bpd most of oil SOON. My est. was CONSERVATIVE @ 30,000bpd and some guy argue with me claiming more. NOT to make him happy because I not really care but I am increasing my own estimate into 31,000- 35,000bpd. Perhaps more when so called new measure is used (cap).

Still something is fishy because amount blowing now appears like a volcano, methane???? It looks bad and BP lucky if collecting 40% if that.

It is important to have an EXACT reading and BP is not allowing this THEY know what real amount is. I just hope it isn't 50,000bpd+++

also not enough shore workers in place and these people still not wearing respirators and I question also 40hr hazmat course BP claim workers need??? OH really did they have crash course in tent 8hrx5 days??? OSHA should be asking people for proof. Obviously they are not practicing safety and will have many health problems thanks to BP.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Duuuhh, we have 20 tankers, 1 is full, 20-1 = OMG, call the press we have no more tankers! Someone call superman.

These guys are a bloody joke. Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It is just so, so frustrating reading the new nonsense from BP every day. Lie after lie with added whinging on the side. I can only imagine how enraging it is for the people who are being affected by this and are going to be affected by it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It seams incredible that when I sign up for my 40hr hazmat course called Hazwopper at UNI woman tells me could be 1-2 months and still looking for appropriate venue. I can go online for it but want onsite training so when I arrive whatever state I can work without fake training for BP also you must score 70% on test! So are all people cleaning Mensa because no way imho you score a 70% without studying! WTF is grading these exams??? Obviously they are not learning anything because still not wearing respirators. Or most workers. so again what is going on? I suppose when new troops show up people like me... Most of the old workers will be very ill and plenty of positions available in July/August......BP not even buying respirators @20-50USD.

this is silly, how can BP pay for a patients central nervous system damage?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
more updates on the oil tanker fail good news is oil tanker on the way from North sea just a few days late

Now they mess around with bop again because hey why not!

i have a feeling something bad and much worse coming

AT least BP not in cab business!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Maybe they should have spent that $50 million renting the services of some contract tankers rather then spending it in an advertising campaign to try and salvage their declining stock values.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Thanks for the link. I especially enjoyed the last part:

It's not as easy as funneling it directly into barges that can take it to shore, said Darryl Bourgoyne, director of the petroleum engineering research and technology transfer laboratory at Louisiana State University.

Uhh... isn't that how you get the oil from the sea to the shore? Put it in a boat and haul it in? I guess they could just teleport it to the refinery...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Thanks for the link. I especially enjoyed the last part:

It's not as easy as funneling it directly into barges that can take it to shore, said Darryl Bourgoyne, director of the petroleum engineering research and technology transfer laboratory at Louisiana State University.

Uhh... isn't that how you get the oil from the sea to the shore? Put it in a boat and haul it in? I guess they could just teleport it to the refinery...

It seems somewhat crazy that BP have the greatest oil engineers on the planet and even Dr. Chu and can not rig a transfer hose from small ship into bigger ship...

Let me try to solve!

You collect oil from tophat burn off gas pour into collection container and rig hose from that & pump into tanker????sheesh

is this a cartoon? Tophat ,,,,,BOP,,,,,,junkshot......topkill.......direct connect......(file sharing),,,,,,,LMRP,,,,,,,and that guy who is all proud with diagram and 9 minute video showing how topkill works.......wtf is going on that damn tanker should have left a week ago! Now watch it break down in Atlantic and sink from a rogue wave or even lost in Bermuda Triangle....

Where is Dr.Chu is he resting? "earth calling Dr.Chu hello" ship not big enough BP playing with BOP again when you said STOP! also risky burning going on with collection ship perhaps another accident!!!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeffrybinladen
So coast guard has to oder BP ton have *snap* right?

Excuse my ignorance, but by reading all the posts about the oil spill, it sounds to me that BP is ordering the Coast Guard around, so I doubt the Coast Guard has the balls to order BP to do anything.

I think people should put pressure on your government to grow a pair, remove BP from the site, and get an American oil company to start clearing up and to investigate what is going on. I know my last statement is laughable, as they are all a bird of a feather and they are all working together to screw us, BUT, if you remove the current company that is clearing up, the same one that is fingered in the post about this whole event being planned, and replace them with somebody that is not directly (on indirectly) in bussiness with BP, then BP might catch a wake up.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Not my country in Kuwait we throw money at it and kill well or at least slow leak into a crawl. collection of oil waste of time. You bring super tanker filled with concrete 2 if need be.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The biggest problem is a tanker can not anchor at the site and are not designed to station keep.

They will have to find a way to hold a tanker in place till its full without risking the other ships and platforms working to trap and stop the oil.

Trying to bring in and park a super tanker would be a nightmare even if the coast guard let them.
And i do not believe the coast guard would let them.

And being a ex navy sailor i would not take the job.
To many things can go wrong.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Read my post on killing well,,,,You bring in largest ships barges you can find for maneuvering rotate them in/out 1............almost out.........2..........and........3 etc etc and keep repeating over and over

this would work tanker is best you must think outside box and take risk use tugboats

cost $200,000,000 million

[edit on 10-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I can understand you being pissed off, but that's probably due to your lack of knowledge when it comes to a Oil Spill as large as this. We can all speculate and say "They should of done this and that" but at the end of the day we are not qualified to make such claims.

These tankers are huge things, keeping it in position to collect the oil is probably no easy task... Also most of this oil is probably contaminated, in turn this means the tanker storage tanks would become contaminated too. Pretty sure they probably need some tankers to collect oil from other wells.

I am of course speculating as well, but I aint getting pissed off about it.

What I would like to know though is, What are they going to do with the collected oil. I can imagine it's full of Sea Water, Dispersant, and god knows what other crap.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain

I can understand you being pissed off, but that's probably due to your lack of knowledge when it comes to a Oil Spill as large as this. We can all speculate and say "They should of done this and that" but at the end of the day we are not qualified to make such claims.

These tankers are huge things, keeping it in position to collect the oil is probably no easy task... Also most of this oil is probably contaminated, in turn this means the tanker storage tanks would become contaminated too. Pretty sure they probably need some tankers to collect oil from other wells.

I am of course speculating as well, but I aint getting pissed off about it.

What I would like to know though is, What are they going to do with the collected oil. I can imagine it's full of Sea Water, Dispersant, and god knows what other crap.

At this point BP can de-contaminate tanker/s they waste a ton of money on garbage, they can use smaller tankers or barges that can maneuver if BP loses an oil tanker tough luck.

and BP owns 20 tankers sooooo! Oil is being donated don't care about that either? Thinking about the well-being of BP is ridiculous if BP goes under fine with me plenty of others take their place. Hostile takeover could happen at anytime.

BP execs on that rig should be in jail now being nice to BP isn't working now you must stone them in village square.

join