It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser creates clouds over Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

A laser has been used to generate small clouds on demand in lab, and real-world experiments suggest this could be a way to call down rain when it's needed.

Source : Laser creates clouds over Germany

Kasparian counters that results from repeating the experiment in the skies of Berlin suggest the effect can work under natural conditions. His team sent pulses into the autumn sky, focussed 60 metres up. Nothing could be seen with the naked eye, but weather LIDAR, which uses lasers to measuring light scattering in the atmosphere, confirmed that the density and size of water droplets spiked when the laser was fired.

"As in the lab, the effect is clearly detected," Kasparian says. "It does not require saturation of the atmosphere."

His team will now try to boost the effect by optimising the laser wavelength, its focus and the pulse duration, which could produce droplets large enough to fall as rain.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Wow, can you imagine if you could make it rain say 40 days in the desert?

However then you lose an entire desert eco-system...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Seems to be the story of my life. The book I wrote in 1992 if published back then would seem to be science fiction (thou I wrote it based on facts I knew back then) would had been considered ahead of its time. Now with all this coming to light, weather control whether it be from technology or psychics it would seem my book may be a tad late. It now in the process of being published. I was told it should be ready June 30 2010. The name of my book;

Operation BrainStorm.

It will be avaialbe on eBook, ebay and Amazon.

Truth, Love and True Light, Maya

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The pulsing action might be the secret.
Sounds like the Reich method.
Or Tesla method.
Ether is ether and the laser will affect the atmosphere in a way
other methods have done.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Have a feeling this requires water in the air, aka humidity, to work. So, making it rain in a desert environment with next to zero humidity wouldn't work. Still cool news for areas like farmlands where there is humidity but little rain falls.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is amazing! It looks like droughts could be a thing of the past. This would be very good for the economy to say the least.

top topics

join