It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Courts Trump U.S. Constitution!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amur_Tiger
International law is supposed to trump all laws, yes even your "sacred" U.S. constitution.

You are mistaken on this point. International law should govern only international aspects or those relating between governments or world affairs. US laws should only be deemed constitutional or vice versa based solely on the US constitution.

Since the question Toelint raised was a US law, international law or policy is irrelevant in the case we are discussing.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
...I love Redheads)

Lastly, did you actually checkout leanleft.com? Please do!

First of all, thanks for the compliment, it's appreciated. I also checked out leanleft and gotta say they are just as bad as the right wing propaganda sites. Spin is everything and both the left and the right continue to try and sway those who are undecided in the US.

Like I said over a week ago, read the decision itself. The court did not make its ruling based on international law, but based on the constitution's 14th amendment. The decision, when read, is common sense privacy versus government intrusiveness.

People tend to look at the justices as being political activests and with exception of the 9th circuit, I couldn't disagree more. Look at Scalia, no one is more conservative in his own political views, but if you remember correctly he sided with Larry Flynt and Penthouse several decades ago. If Scalia was really legislating from the bench then he would have sided with Reverend Falwell in that case.

I want you to read the entire case and then let me know what you honestly think.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Bleys, I just checked out your Harvard Link. This is a very clear, concise, complete, and (dare I say it?) convincing brief. Just one thing. Remember when I mentioned French/International Law?

Check out Footnotes 41,43,44, and 50

*sheesh* I wish I had "stuck it out" and finished my HighSchool French classes...

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Toelint]

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Toelint]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join