It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On The Enigma of Mysterious People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
History has its secrets, some which have been revealed, some which haven’t and some which will undoubtedly never see modern understanding. I always find the individual in history to be much more interesting than the event; the individual is more complex, intriguing and temps ever evolving investigation. Below are 2 figures that I found interesting, hoping to add a lot more from you guys, kind of like a database. It is arguable that these people wanted it this way, lived a life of secrecy, destroyed any links which could be traced and merely live on through their ideas. Stories about mysterious people are the greatest ones of all... look at Hollywood, it is a drug for the imagination.

Fulcanelli – The Eternal?

Fulcanelli was the pseudonym used by an unidentified French alchemist who wrote prominently on the esoteric in combination with his alchemic work. His life, his works and his legacy remain shrouded in mystery. Eugene Canseliet, a pupil of Fulcanelli as supposedly given what his master called ‘projection powder’ which he sued successfully to transform 100 grams of lead into gold. His pseudonym is intriguing and is thought to have derived from the fusion of the two words ‘Vulcan’ and ‘El’, Vulcan was the Roman god of Fire, while El was the word used for the Canaanite god, Fulcanelli can be translated as ‘the sacred/holy fire’. Conspiracy theories surround Fulcanelli’s involvement with Allied powers in World War II and Nazi pursuits for his knowledge. It is well known that the Nazi’s experimented with all kinds of ‘unconventional’ ideas and a pursuit of Fulcanelli was supposedly conducted by the German Abwehr (secret service) in the hopes he had nuclear secrets. It is claimed that Fulcanelli shared his nuclear knowledge with a French atomic physicist, although these claims have not been verified.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84c7a82d012f.png[/atsimg]

Cansaliet described Fulcanelli as an old, rich, eccentric man who was educated in many areas. For those who knew him, he was known as the ‘master alchemist’; indeed along with Cansaliet another pupil had claimed that Fulcanelli had discovered the Philosophers Stone. Cansaliet claims that his last rendezvous with his master happened in 1953 (many years after he disappeared) in Spain, at a castle atop a hill. His student claims that Fulcanelli appeared younger than when he saw him decades later where he was in his 80’s. Since Fulcanelli was born in 1839, at the time of this meeting he would have been 114 years old, Fulcanelli was not seen after this meeting and it is not known how long he lived for.

*Note: This is a deep subject, one which perhaps deserves a thread of its own, but maybe this is enough to entice people to continue their own research. Only two books have ever been published under Fulcanelli’s name, Ful canelli: Master Alchemist and The Dwellings of the Philosophers, the latter being a rare book fetches a very hefty price online.

Gil Perez – The Teleporter Man

The case of Gil Perez is interesting and is a story which you could use as a late at night scary tale to tell, if you put a few extra spins on it. Gil Perez was a Spanish soldier who was serving with the Filipino Guard in Manilla. The story goes that he mysteriously appeared in Mexico City which is more than 9, 000 nautical miles away. He was still wearing the uniform of the Palacio Del Gobernador from the Philippines. According to Perez, he had no idea how he got there. This may sound like a bland story at first, but the fascination is in the detail.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/670feb59c3ce.png[/atsimg]

Perez told officials in Mexico that the Governor of the Philippines, Dasmarinas was killed by the Chinese while he was on sentry duty. When quizzed on how exactly he got to Mexico City he claimed that he was tired and decided to rest on the wall, upon opening his eyes he was in a different place and did not know how get there, supposedly he did not believe the guards when he was first told that he was all the way in Mexico. The reason why he did not believe it initially was because he was adamant that he received military orders on the morning of October 23 in Manilla... while it was now in the evening of the 24th all the way in Mexico City. Upon being questioned by the Church all he could say was that he traveled that large distance “in less time than it takes a cock to crow”. When news came from Philippines which confirmed Perez’s story about the Philippine Governor as well as other elements of his story, the authorities were bewildered. One of the passengers on the messenger ship swore that he saw Perez in Manilla on the 23rd.

Main source; L & P Fanthrope: The World's Most Mysterious People

------

Well I know its short but I hope you guys decide to share some of the things you've come across that you found strange as well.

serb.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Good post and nice area for future resources.

I remember reading an Alchemy book many years ago (Sorry don't remember title or authour) which suggested that Fulcanelli was in fact the only Alchemist that was able to turn base metals into gold. I remember a very powerful argument in the book which suggested that it was not in fact a physical transformation of metals but actually a metaphore for turning a man into god, almost like a transformation of the soul. I never forgot that aspect of the book, unlike the title and name-sorry folks!

S&F!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I'd like to share a story from friends of many years ago who lived in the Northern Territory of Australia on a large cattle farm.

Once a month the owners drove the 300 or so miles to town for supplies, and their Native Australian manager would see them off with a smile and wave... nothing unusual there.

On arriving at the town they would see their manager waiting for them to help load the supplies.

The first time the property owners were shocked of course and asked how he got there. The manager would only smile and change the subject.

After a while the owners came up with the name "Helicopter" for their manager due to his ability to move long distances without the use of transport.

I wondered whether Helicopter had a twin brother in town, but that was not the case as Helicopter was an only child.

Never got a good reason as to why he did that or how.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My 2 Contributions would have to be Helena Blavatsky and Albert Pike.

Helena Blavatsky

Wiki says:

While living in New York City, she founded the Theosophical Society in September 1875, with Henry Steel Olcott, William Quan Judge and others. Blavatsky wrote that all religions were both true in their inner teachings and problematic or imperfect in their external conventional manifestations. Her writings connecting esoteric spiritual knowledge with new science may be considered to be the first instance of what is now called New Age thinking.

Video:

She also wrote Isis Unveiled and the Secret Doctrine two future changing books and reccomended reading for all esotericists.

Albert Pike

Wiki Says:

He first joined the Independent Order of Odd Fellows in 1840 then had in the interim joined a Masonic Lodge and become extremely active in the affairs of the organization, being elected Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite's Southern Jurisdiction in 1859. He remained Sovereign Grand Commander for the remainder of his life (a total of thirty-two years), devoting a large amount of his time to developing the rituals of the order. Notably, he published a book called Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in 1871, of which there were several subsequent editions.

Pike is still regarded in America as an eminent and influentia Freemason.

Video:

This video has some of Albert Pikes quotes and interestingly he strongly connects Lucifer or the Light Bearer/Bringer to Freemasonry.
See The Morals and Dogma of Freemasonry for further reading.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Spirit777]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The one that has always intrigued me is the story of Edward Leedskalnin and the building of Coral Castle :

Many men have single-handedly built their own homes, but Leedskalnin's choice of building materials is what makes his undertaking so incredible. He used huge blocks of coral rock, some weighing as much as 30 tons, and somehow was able to move them and set them in place without assistance or the use of modern machinery. And therein lies the mystery. How did he do it?

It's estimated that 1,000 tons of coral rock were used in construction of the walls and towers, and an additional 100 tons of it were carved into furniture and art objects:

* An obelisk he raised weighs 28 tons.
* The wall surrounding Coral Castle stands 8 ft. tall and consists of large blocks each weighing several tons.
* Large stone crescents are perched atop 20-ft.-high walls.
* A 9-ton swinging gate that moves at the touch of a finger guards the eastern wall.
* The largest rock on the property weighs an estimated 35 tons.
* Some stones are twice the weight of the largest blocks in the Great Pyramid at Giza.

Working alone, Leedskalnin labored for 20 years - from 1920 to 1940 - to build the home he originally called "Rock Gate Park" in Florida City. The story goes that he built it after being jilted by his fiancée, who changed her mind about marrying him because he was too old and too poor. After wandering around the U.S. and Canada for several years, Leedskalnin settled in Florida City for health reasons; he had been diagnosed with tuberculosis. He began building his coral home in 1920. Then in 1936, when a planned new subdivision of homes threatened his privacy, Leedskalnin moved his entire home 10 miles to Homestead, where he completed it, and where it still stands as a tourist attraction.

How Leedskalnin managed this feat of engineering has remained a mystery all these years because, incredibly, no one saw him do it. A secretive man, Leedskalnin often worked at night by lantern light. And so there are no credible witnesses to how the small, frail man was able to move the huge blocks of rock. Even when he moved the entire structure to Homestead, neighbors saw the coral blocks being transported on a borrowed truck, but no one seems to know how Leedskalnin got them on and off the vehicle.

Gallery

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
but you have put only a bit of the wiki on Helena Blavatsky.
why dont you put the other facts like she was a big hoot racist and con woman and pseudo-whatever-ian of the top order??

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Can you provide evidence to support your claims please.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

The coral castle story is one of the greats here at ATS. Just can't imagine how he did it all by himself, let alone not being seen by anyone else. Fascinating story, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Spirit777

As to her being a Racist, please read the wiki entry for her.

Blavatsky argued that humanity had descended from a series of "Root Races", naming the fifth root race (out of seven) the Aryan Race. She thought that the Aryans originally came from Atlantis and described the Aryan races with the following words: "The Aryan races, for instance, now varying from dark brown, almost black, red-brown-yellow, down to the whitest creamy colour, are yet all of one and the same stock -- the Fifth Root-Race -- and spring from one single progenitor, (...) who is said to have lived over 18,000,000 years ago, and also 850,000 years ago -- at the time of the sinking of the last remnants of the great continent of Atlantis."[30] Blavatsky used "Root Race" as a technical term to describe human evolution over the large time periods in her cosmology. However, she also claimed that there were modern non-Aryan peoples who were inferior to Aryans. She regularly contrasts "Aryan" with "Semitic" culture, to the detriment of the latter, asserting that Semitic peoples are an offshoot of Aryans who have become "degenerate in spirituality and perfected in materiality."[31] She also states that some peoples are "semi-animal creatures". These latter include "the Tasmanians, a portion of the Australians and a mountain tribe in China." There are also "considerable numbers of the mixed Lemuro-Atlantean peoples produced by various crossings with such semi-human stocks -- e.g., the wild men of Borneo, the Veddhas of Ceylon, classed by Prof. Flower among Aryans (!), most of the remaining Australians, Bushmen, Negritos, Andaman Islanders, etc."[32] H. P. Blavatsky's references on inferiority among cultural groups was related to a groups spiritual level of development and not its genetic outfit as assumed by some superficial readers of her teachings.[33] H. P. Blavatsky also had the view that there for instance were wise and initiated teacher among the Jews and the Arabs.[34]
Wiki

First Atlantis...
, second considering people of certain nations as lowly, degraded versions of the main root race - excuse me , what would you call it, if not Pure Racism?

Her writing on ascended masters, Pyramid Religion and other pseudo-philosophical BULL is quite well known, try for a skeptic view on her writings on Google, you will find many references.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

It's well understood on ATS that Wiki is never a suitable source for argument information because any man and his dog can edit the info available there.

Blavatsky was from a different era of "spiritualists" as compared to today. Much of what she spoke about is old fashioned and dogmatic, and much more is her own thinking based on various concepts she picked up.

We could say she is much like Freud, in that they are out of date and should not be used for reference anymore.. just my opinion there.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Both of the names given by the OP reminds me of a recently discovered substance called ORMUS.( Orbitaly rearranged monotonic elements ). rediscovered by a man named David Hudson.

www.subtleenergies.com...

Since ancient Egyptian times, alchemists have worked in secret to produce something called the Philosopher's Stone, or the Elixir of Life. The materials that Hudson and other researchers have found are believed to be related to the Philosopher's Stone. The materials have been called ORMEs, monoatomic gold, white gold, white powder gold, ORMUS, m-state, AuM, microclusters, and manna.

David Hudson calls the materials he found Orbitally Rearranged Monoatomic Elements or ORMEs. He also refers to them as monoatomic elements in a high-spin state.

Many people are making and ingesting this substance and reporting unusual powers of clairvoyance, time manipulation, teleportation, spiritual awaking, Manefestation and many other intriguing effects.

Being in alchemy I made some of this stuff and ingested it for a couple months and noticed some small effects but mostly the manifestation. I have to be careful of with I dwell apon as i t come about rather quickly.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Have you read Blavatsky's books?
i used to stay in Chennai for some time at Adayar, very close to the Theosophical Society. met some guys from there, they gave me many of her books to read . i was quite young them and was so impressed by the stuff in them.
Now when i look back and think..its all Bull that she has written about.
First hand info , bro., not second hand. read her books and then arrive at your own conclusion.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kbriggss

Well that sounds interesting...

Is there any scientific evidence to back that up thought? Can't seem to find much.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Serbsta your are correct that there isn't much scientific evidence proving or disproving. That is where personal experience comes in as I'm not patient enough for the real scientist to tell me yah or nay.

Yes, I guess i'm taking a risk with this but I feel that breathing in the air is a risk also. I'm making another batch today. We'll see.....

The story behind this substance in very intriguing especially if your like the Summerian Creation Story. I like this topic of mysterious people. I remember as a child the Readers Digest came out with a book titled something like" mysteries of the unexplained "that had stories like this.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Fulcanelli could be either the Count of St. Germain or Nicholas Flamel.

Both discovered the Philosopher's Stone and the secret to immortality/reincarnation.

top topics

join