It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is actually part of the Sagittarius Dwarf galaxy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
(Found this on a forum which I find fascinating. It makes senses especially in light of nothing else making too much sense lately)

Earth is not part of the Milky Way but from another system that is being eaten by the Milky Way.
That's why our solar system can travel through the galactic disc of the Milky Way.
Imagine a moment in time where the total forces of the Milky Way are pulling and tugging at our solar system.
That is why planets and our sun is changing, it is not only Earth but our total solar system is changing.
If Earth and our solar system was part of the Milky Way then Earth would be in perfect equilibrium with the forces of the Milky Way and life would be peachy for billions and billions of years because no outside forces would be working on our solar system.
Like we are aligned with the forces of our solar disc. We are in equilibrium with our solarsystem but when a meteor passes through our system it will experience the biggest force when it travels through our solarsystem disc. It can break, fall apart, turn, take a new orbit, and now we will experience the same but on a massive scale of a whole galaxy.
www.rediff.com...

MOD EDIT: Removed excessive copy and paste. Added the proper EX tags for external rouces.
Please read: Starting a New Thread?
Please read: Posting work written by others.
(This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on June 6th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The Sagittarius Elliptical Dwarf Galaxy is in orbit around the Milky Way Galaxy, on the opposite side of the Galactic centre to the Earth - around 70,000 light years away. It is believed that the smaller Sagittarius galaxy is slowly merging with the Milky Way, over the course of billions of years.

chview.nova.org...

The idea that our solar system originated in the Sagittarius galaxy is complete bunk - and appears to have originated in a typical (deliberate?) misinterpretation of the original news release from 2003 which can be read here:

www.astro.virginia.edu...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hello,
You almost had me there!

Global warming?

*shaking my head*

And why did you bold everything?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Hello,
You almost had me there!

Global warming?

*shaking my head*

And why did you bold everything?

What's wrong with global (actually, solar system) warming being a bi-product of this theory? Not a big stretch for me.

About the bold? I was trying to differentiate my input (first line) to the original post/article found in another forum. Make sense now?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

About the bold? I was trying to differentiate my input (first line) to the original post/article found in another forum. Make sense now?

Try the EX tag for EXternal quotes.

This fella:

top topics

join