It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Energy from Garbage - No More Digging or Drilling for Oil! Bye BP!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Have a look at this awesome video. These guys are making Free Energy in the form of carbon, gasoline, oil and vapor gasses by breaking down and converting garbage!

They already have a running power plant, that powers itself as long as there is garbage to put into it. It's a natural process that the earth uses to create these fuels, but it does it on a much faster time scale. The process is called Thermal depolymerization or TDP.

Enjoy the video.

www.youtube.com...

More info here: en.wikipedia.org...

Now, I do not want us to keep using oil and gas.. but at least this could help in the meantime until we can get a cleaner energy solution standardized. No more need for digging/drilling or taking the chance that something horrible can happen like the BP Gulf Oil Spill Disaster.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
In 1920s Germany invented a process to make oil from trash. coal, natural gas.

During WW2 they made aircraft fuel from coal with this process,

The most of the process patents have long since ran out and anyone can build a plant now.
www.fischer-tropsch.org...
If all the trash and sewage along with coal in the US was converted to oil we would go a long way to get off arab oil or gulf oil.

It is known as the Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Thermal Depolymerization (TDP) The process only breaks long molecular chains into shorter ones, so small molecules such as carbon dioxide or methane cannot be converted to oil through this process.

Guess what carbon dioxide and methane are feed stocks for the Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis and can be turned into oil.

You could even take the tar balls from the gulf coast and turn them into fuel.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Thermal Depolymerization (TDP) The process only breaks long molecular chains into shorter ones, so small molecules such as carbon dioxide or methane cannot be converted to oil through this process.

Guess what carbon dioxide and methane are feed stocks for the Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis and can be turned into oil.

You could even take the tar balls from the gulf coast and turn them into fuel.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ANNED]

Interesting.. are you saying this, Fischer–Tropsch Synthesis process is a better process? If so, is anyone doing this and building large plants for energy production with them?

If not, perhaps someone should. But in the meantime, I think what the company above can do could help us out greatly.

Btw.. did you watch the video?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The technology exists, the only things we still need are the will to do it and the infrastructure.

In Berlin, where I live, the garbage company is planning to run all their garbage trucks on bio-fuel made out of the garbage they collect, in the not-so-far future.

But I doubt that means "free energy". It takes investments to build plants, it costs money to collect the garbage, and the process itself will cost money. Not to mention the people working there also need to be paid, don't they?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wallachian

You are right.. but the video is labeled as free energy from garbage, so that's why I used it. I hope I see a day in my lifetime where we are seriously trying to get rid of gas and oil use for good.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Anyone else care to comment on this? I think it fell below the radar since I posted it in the middle of the night. Seems kinda hard to believe such an existing do-able project would fall on deaf ears in light of the BP oil spill..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Anyone else care to comment on this?

Thanks for the post.

Except for the fact that they chose to use waste from cruel industrial poultry production for their pilot plant, I've been a fan of thermal-depolymerization for years. I was incredulous when the NYS Public Service Commission excluded it from it's Retail Renewable Portfolio Standard back in 2004.

Then, in March of 2009, I read here: www.biodieselmagazine.com...
that Brian Appel's company, CWT, filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. Though, according to the article, "CWT will continue looking for more debt and equity financing to fund operations and perhaps even future expansion" there is nothing on their website: www.changingworldtech.com...
later than 5.17.2008.

It has been hard to get solid info. on them, which bothers me, but their problems may also have to do with the definition of TDP, and whether or not it would be eligible for the $1-per-gallon blender’s tax credit. www.biodieselmagazine.com...

In any case, I hope TDP gets serious attention from someone who can make a difference, because it is carbon neutral, self-sustaining, can use existing infrastructure for distribution, and doesn't require engine modifications to be used in vehicles.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hmmmmm

I would think that widely having TDP plants available would certainly shrink the amount of wars the United States enrolls itself in. That said, probably never gonna happen on a widescale. Too many rich people have too much to lose. Personally, I would love to see it though. Nothing would be better for this planet than to find an alternate energy source, or a way to create fuel oil like TDP. Imagine how much money would be saved after the all the plants are set up and functional? The overhead for the plants has to be lower than importing oil, and we'd at least be paying into our own economy. Sadly though, the best ideas are usually squashed and buried before they're employed.
What a messed up world we live in.

Oh and of course it cuts down on landfills and other garbage! It's got to be the most practical idea I've ever heard of..........probably why I've never heard of it. Messed up world indeed! We should rename our planet "Money"

[edit on 12-6-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ok from garbage to fuel to making the stuff we use back to garbage and so on .
heres the kiker wile not a truly free energy as each cycle has less and less trash to use it will clean the place up lol
does solve our polution problems quite nicly and yea we get 10 years of cheep fuel from it then its on the news please we need more trash

CX

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That's a great video, thanks for posting.

We have something near us here that converts trash to energy, which is then used to power thousands of houses and i think busineses around the local area.

www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk...

I think that's the kind of thing we are talking about here?

I would like to think that this latest spill would be the one that makes TPTB wake up and take notice of what needs to be done, but unfortunately i think we all know that will not happen in our lifetime.

CX.

top topics

join