It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Object Photographed By Cassini?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazza_cazz
You have just forgot a detail: Cassini is not NAILED there, it moves as well: so, in order to give some credibility to your animation, you should subtract the movement of the spacecraft from the animation. And you cannot. Funny animation but useless.

As I and Soylent Green pointed out, Cassini was tracking Saturn. YES, it was moving (but very slowly compared to any large massive object in orbit around Saturn (er.. like a moon..)). YES, the moon was also moving. And YES, the total movement of the moon through that image was the SUM of those movements.

I DIDN'T attempt to give figures for the actual vector additions. The 'subtraction' (which could have been an addition - why would you think it should be subtracted?) was simply shown by the final motion that was recorded by the 'streak'.

If you wish to engage in an informed discussion about this, please say exactly where my animation is incorrect, and by how much.

It is a visual examination of the image. It makes no assumptions, just shows the effect of object movement and tries to identify that object using quite simple techniques.. If you can say how it is WRONG, please do so, but don't come in hand-waving about it being 'useless', if you can't say why.

Did you even bother to look at the other image I linked to:

saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Do you think that's a fluke, a lucky coincidence? Do you have any comment to make about the perfect match in orientation? Would you like to postulate your own theory?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join