It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill's Threat to Wildlife Turns Real

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

That is not true at all. If the energy either Tesla invented or countless others was allowed to be mass produced, no one at all would be dependent on any energy source. All you needed was an antenna and that was over a hundred years ago. Of course I blame myself for taking the path that has lead me to be so dependent on "government"/oil, but I am still younge and know the path that must be taken now. I do put more of the blame on the damn Baby Boomers that sat around watching this world spiral into this oily abyss. My father and I have had many bouts about this, granted we have much more information these days, but I think just too little people cared until now that it is too late. Being born in this country it is utterly impossible to live off the grid because where are you going top get the money to do so? - By working on the grid of course, and you never have enough money especially during an intentional recession to save enough to get off the grid. Lose Lose my friend.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Tastes a bit bitter? You bet!

Being fed the same medicine "you" (it's not personal) were feeding that exotic planet called "the rest of the world" makes you sick? Good!

Welcome to the real world then. Welcome to the world where actions have consequences and greed surpasses all other "values", even life itself. Just because it happened to YOU, you suddenly care? Where were YOU when others were signing the Kyoto protocol? Absent! Where were you when others were promoting cleaner forms of energy? Absent! (hey, the big bucks are in oil!)

Now that the disaster is hitting YOUR home, you care? Too little too late mates! I am sorry for all the pelicans, the fish, the marine life that will be wasted - those are the truly innocent ones! Those that make profit from oil shares, those that follow lifestyles that keep oil in the highest of demands, those that were, until literally yesterday, indifferent about our "home", our planet, are NOT so innocent.

Next time you waste energy just because "it is cheap", think about swimming in the midst of an oil spill - that should do the trick (perhaps!)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AquaImage13

A thousand stars on that post would not be enough to express its truth and relevance and pure simplicity.

Well done.

Refreshing, to see someone so vividly aware of what is really going on.

Happy birthday!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

I found this Youtube video "American Eagle Drowing in Oil"

It was a dream this guy "alexyynz" had in 2005.

www.youtube.com...[/yvid]

I thought you guys may be in interested in this video.

Considering that it was a dream happened in 2005, I would think it was rather prophetic. It is even more alarming if you see what other dreams this guy had.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hey, Thanks a lot. It is very sad but true..anyways... Your the first Good job I have gotten on ATS. Damn this feels good. ...Have a good one and thanks again. Hopefully the Mass Awakening to all the lies and deceipt of the past is happening now. If not than I think it might be too late. If people havn't realized the truth by now , they either live "off the grid" or are blinded by the grid. Too many discrepencies coming to light out of all of this, just hope it is not another false flag for carbon tax and global government. The fact that all of these animals have been sacraficed tears me up more than anything. Helpless Nature struck again. Cant help but think it will fight back.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i was hoping to see if there really was dolphins that washed up. I looked through alot of the pictures and i didnt see any. But the whole thing is horrific

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquaImage13
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hey, Thanks a lot. It is very sad but true..anyways... Your the first Good job I have gotten on ATS. Damn this feels good. ...Have a good one and thanks again. Hopefully the Mass Awakening to all the lies and deceipt of the past is happening now. If not than I think it might be too late. If people havn't realized the truth by now , they either live "off the grid" or are blinded by the grid. Too many discrepencies coming to light out of all of this, just hope it is not another false flag for carbon tax and global government. The fact that all of these animals have been sacraficed tears me up more than anything. Helpless Nature struck again. Cant help but think it will fight back.
a

The only MSM that REALLY goes into detail and gives the affected by this spill justice is: MSNBC. Believe it or not. At least the liberals are being told the truth.

Meanwhile, over at Fox...

"lol what oil spill?!"

[edit on 6-6-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by bigyin
I think it is high time companies like BP are taken over by governments and run for the benifit of everyone not just the shareholders and profiteers.

BP = Buggered Planet

That is exactly why they did this...

People still can't see this for some reason.

Who are the owners of BP, and other large companies?... They are part of the trilateral commission and other global groups, and part of the elite who have been trying to impose a One World Government...

Their Anthropogenic Global Warming scam failed, so they had to try something else...something that would make people mad and make them demand for "the governments to take over BP and other companies" and "implement new laws, and controls so this can never happen again"....

THE GOVERNMENTS ALREADY OWN BP BECAUSE THE OWNERS ARE PART OF THE RICH ELITES AND THEY ALL WANT TO IMPLEMENT A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT....

I apologize for the caps, but people should wake up to this fact.

What this is going to bring, and the demand of the people, is for the implementation of the rich elite's version of a one World Government. They will implement more draconian laws which at the end will be set up to control us more... Us the common/regular people...

The elites, and their rich companies will continue to exist in one way or another. We will be the ones to pay for this in two ways. The environmental disaster, and the new controls, and laws so many of you are blindly calling for.

BTW, I don't own any companies which deal with oil, or similar companies. I have no stocks on any oil companies and I don't work for them.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]
i think we have a winner

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sorry if it has been previously discussed already but I have started this thread about David Sereda's youtube video regarding a possible solution to the clean up. (as mentioned on CoastToCoast) I'm interested in the validity of this solution ... as being applied to the gulf disaster. T.I.A.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Sounds like another Conspiracy !!!!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sounds like another Conspiracy !!!!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DrPaulisENKI

any opinions on the "cotton kill" method
...... are'nt we desperate to try anything at this point ??

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
this was not only predicted
in the book of revelation in the bible
but also in Le Prophecies
by none other than Nostradomus

"And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.” Revelation 16:3

In the reign of a mixed race leader,
The great land of might will suffer
All her lubricant (oil) will flow to the river.
The sons of England(BP) pierced (drilled) the land
and bruised its heart,
there came flowing the black blood.
The fishs fo the sea, the creatures of the shore
all killed by the tainted water.

Nostradamus Century Quatrian 22

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
this is not good at all. Has anyone else noticed despite the fact it is not hard to find pictures of dead dolphins, we still only see birds and pelicans in the headlines? We'll show a bit, but not the whole picture. And Corexit ruptures red blood cells?? Sounds like a good reason to spray it in our waters! Hell, add some fluoride and golf balls and rubber bits and maybe some kitchen sinks for good measure...
GAH!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wish that Obama would do a few of the following things to quell this disaster it is such a shame all the wildlife is suffering so terribly and we are next.

1. If the word was spread and all people that wanted to help out that has no means of getting to the coast were given the ability to get there via national guard aircraft to relief sites around the coast of course billed to BP and then volunteers are paid by BP and housed by BP

2. The presidant puts an American Oil company in charge of the fixing the problem and of course billed to BP making him look as though he is in charge and politically make it as though the American people can take care of buisness building more pride in our country.

3. To have him not only address this crisis as a disaster but to present it in such a way to make the people of the world realize we need to band together and get this done to put aside differences and make our world a better place instead of keeping people pisssed over politics and glued to CNN and really give the people the means to fix this and make sure this never happens again

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Critical_Mass

For crying out loud people still calling for the use of nukes?... That area is very seismically unstable.... Close to where they were drilling, which believe it or not is close to New Orleans relatively speaking, there is a fault (the Michoud fault) that has been slowly moving New Orleans towards the sea....

A nuke being used there would very probably cause the fault to completely collapse sinking New Orleans and millions of people.... Not to mention that the formations in this area are very soft and possibly won't contain neither the explosion, nor the radiation.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df64dc400758.jpg[/atsimg]

People.... there are other ways to deal with this and nukes are not one of them...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
June 11, 2010 Update: While working out today at the club a friend of mine who was a former White House aid to President Eisenhower, a 20 year oil man with considerable oil field experience offered me this explanation: "They could have closed this well off from day one with a charge (explosive) and seal off. The reason they don't and the reason (President) Obama doesn't order them to seal it off is because this well produces about as much oil as all of Saudi Arabia. That's why every strategy employed so far has been for oil containment not seal off."

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
UPDATE: JUNE 12, 2010 8:04 PM Posted On Native Spirits Website Just Now

"A dire report prepared for President Medvedev by Russia’s Ministry of Natural Resources is warning today that the British Petroleum (BP) oil and gas leak in the Gulf of Mexico is about to become the worst environmental catastrophe in all of human history threatening the entire eastern half of the North American continent with “total destruction”

Russian scientists are basing their apocalyptic destruction assessment due to BP’s use of millions of gallons of the chemical dispersal agent known as Corexit 9500 which is being
pumped directly into the leak of this wellhead over a mile under the Gulf of Mexico waters and designed, this report says, to keep hidden from the American public the full, and tragic, extent of this leak that is now estimated to be over 2.9 million gallons a day.

The dispersal agent Corexit 9500 is a solvent originally developed by Exxon and now manufactured by the Nalco Holding Company of Naperville, Illinois that is four times more toxic than oil (oil is toxic at 11 ppm (parts per million), Corexit 9500 at only 2.61ppm). In a report written by Anita George-Ares and James R. Clark for Exxon Biomedical Sciences, Inc. titled “Acute Aquatic Toxicity of Three Corexit Products: An Overview” Corexit 9500 was found to be one of the most toxic dispersal agents ever developed. Even worse, according to this report, with higher water temperatures, like those now occurring in the font-family:Arial;mso-bidi-font-weight:bold"">Gulf of Mexico, its toxicity grows.

The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in discovering BP’s use of this dangerous dispersal agent ordered BP to stop using it, but BP refused stating that their only alternative to Corexit 9500 was an even more dangerous dispersal agent known as Sea Brat 4.

The main differences between Corexit 9500 and Sea Brat 4 lie in how long these dangerous chemicals take to degrade into their constituent organic compounds, which for Corexit 9500 is 28 days. Sea Brat 4, on the other hand, degrades into an organic chemical called Nonylphenol that is toxic to aquatic life and can persist in the environment for years.

A greater danger involving Corexit 9500, and as outlined by Russian scientists in this report, is that with its 2.61 ppm toxicity level, and when combined with the heating Gulf of Mexico waters, its molecules will be able to “phase transition” from their present liquid to a gaseous state allowing them to be absorbed into clouds and allowing their release as “toxicrain” upon all of Eastern North America.

Even worse, should a Katrina like tropical hurricane form in the Gulf of Mexico while tens of millions of gallons of Corexit 9500 are sitting on, or near, its surface the resulting “toxic rain” falling upon the North American continent could “theoretically” destroy all microbial life to any depth it reaches resulting in an “unimaginable environmental catastrophe” destroying all life forms from the “bottom of the evolutionary chart to the top”.

Note: For molecules of a liquid to evaporate, they must be located near the surface, be moving in the proper direction, and have sufficient kinetic energy to overcome liquid-phase intermolecular forces. Only a small proportion of the molecules meet these
criteria, so the rate of evaporation is limited. Since the kinetic energy of a molecule is proportional to its temperature, evaporation proceeds more quickly at higher temperatures.

As over 50 miles of the US State of Louisiana’s coastline has already been destroyed by this spill, American scientists are warning that the damage may be impossible to repair, and as we can read as reported by the Associated Press News Service:

Read Full Report Link:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

Ive seen feeds and pics of dispersant being sprayed right into the oil but I saw the rover follow this hose out a bit and spray with this intensity for a bit.

Anyone else seen this before?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join