It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill's Threat to Wildlife Turns Real

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Deep sea life was already dead a while ago.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

What can we do?
I'm angry and sad, very sad for such terrible loss, and the loss that is to come.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is so sad, we havent even discovered half of the oceans life and yet we are so sufficient at destorying it, accident or not.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I just read a post on fb about some one who had gone down to a small island off the coast of New Orleans. They went to check everything out, and at first they thought everything look ok and then they started walking a bit further along the jetty, and they could smell rotting fish and oil. The rotting fish were buried and some piled on top and the sand turned over. They were wondering why someone would do such a thing. Back in the reeds there was oil everywhere. Then the found out that Anderson Cooper from cnn was about to arrive to do a live feed. WTF are they hiding. If someone tells me how to get a link on here from fb. I will gladly forward the pics. If this is really going on, we need to get these pictures out to everyone.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This well needs to be sealed by drilling a shaft close to the original, dropping a low yield nuke down it and detonating it.

I've seen a few videos of the russians doing it effectively.
It's by far not outside our capability.

BP is dragging their feet to save the well for profit.
I say eff their profits. They screwed up bigtime, and now it's time to fix this. These people should be killed for this.

And Obama should be impeached for not lighting a fire under their asses.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Without reverance for the earth and its inhabitants, much will be lost. Much has been lost already.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I was listening to Shawn Hannity about two days ago I think, and he had the author of" Why I hate the oil Companies" and they were discussing the oil spills. Through the interview the author brought up the simplest and most common sense Idea to clean the oil spill, so simple it just frustrates me. He basically said they should have taken a bunch of freighters/ oil tankers hooked pumps up to them and just sucked the oil up. I mean seriously how hard would that be, just contract out a bunch of tankers and have them suck the stuff up. Then just make a reservoir somewhere and put the oil there and either filter. I just thought of this while writing to while the oil tankers are out there sucking it up bust butt and put in a pipe line that goes from shore straight to the leak and suck it up permanently until you solve the problem.

But no instead we destroy our planet, and our animals. There saying they might not be able to fix this for a few more months now (and how much are they really telling of the truth) basically we just %@*$ the world or at least our hemisphere. Every time stuff like this happens It just makes hate humans more and more I wish god would just kick start revelations and get this crap over with. Were the biggest f ups he ever created right up there with Satan if you ask me.

I'm just sick, man I hate our perverted system.

sorry an emotional post

Critical_Mass
This well needs to be sealed by drilling a shaft close to the original, dropping a low yield nuke down it and detonating it.

But how will the raditation effect the ocean around it after???

[edit on 6-6-2010 by bigcountry08]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I will nwver subscribe for the idea of nukes. No one can possibly agree on such a thing ? making sure that pipe becomes unreachable ? see what it does as effect ?I,m not even an expert and that's NOT and option.There !

[edit on 6-6-2010 by SSimon]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Wow, i find them pictures quite disturbing. I really feel for the animals and hope that this disaster gets cleaned up ASAP. Quite stupid that nothings been done yet really.

Found a video related to this and the pictures.

You can find the video here.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How do we know the nuke wont just blow a huge crater into the oil under ground and it will all just gush out at once.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

From our US perspective, the US needs a marine oil disaster response scientific clearing house, perhaps behind the scenes and low profile, to help develop and test clean up equipment and safety modifications needed to maintain our marine-based oil and energy fields. We can expect a major marine disaster once every 10 to 20 years from the many thousands of well heads around the world. There are nearly 4000 such US based well heads along our Gulf coast from Louisiana to the western edge of Florida.

" "The basic notion is you hold the responsible party accountable, with regime oversight", from the government with oversight by federal agencies. Spills on land are overseen by the EPA, offshore spills by the Coast Guard. "
"After the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill in Alaska, Congress dictated that oil companies be responsible for dealing with major accidents -- including paying for all cleanup" " (Mark Magnier - LA Times).

We need to develop wartime-quick response technologies that work.
While the oil companies have focused on rig and platform safety there has been little incentive to focus on disaster containment and oil spill clean up technologies. It's evident that the free market supply and demand for extraordinary maritime oil spill disaster response needs government sponsored incentivizing through some politically manageable incentives --- perhaps “off the bottom line tax credits” to shift large amounts of capital into the industry for rapid investment and development.

Equally important, we need a clearing house for the scientific development and testing of marine oil disasters clean-up protocols, equipment, and resources. The US President needs a single clearing house which the President may rely upon for real disaster best-path guidance, while other agencies do the actual in-field clean-up. Environmental sensitivity has finally come of age rising to unify our diverse political factions.

While the US Coast Guard has traditionally been assigned coastal and waterway environmental clean-up response, they should be working with a design and testing clearing house within the US Naval Academy, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering (NAOE). The mission to implement clean-up should likely remain with the Coast Guard ( with on-land oil spills with the EPA) but the equipment testing and development is better vested in our nation's parent service, the US Navy, as the level of priority assigned to US ecological marine disaster response works its way up the list of national priorities.

Fighting wars are messy affairs with enormous waste of resources, cleaning up oceans before spills reach the shores might at first seem too delicate a task for the US Navy which harbors its own toxic skeletons. But times are rapidly changing and NAOE has many partners which lend NAOE a powerful say in the final processes including the EPA, the US Coast Guard and many international governmental organizations and environmental agencies. NAOE is already equipped with marine research facilities and staffed to organize Big-$cience and bring it to bear upon the global war front.

Relying on the under-funded Coast Guard to hold all the answers is an unreasonable expectation when they have no funding to operate a testing lab on an ongoing basis. NAOE on the other hand was set up in part to do just that with a focus on naval design, rescue, research, and now marine disaster response, water borne technologies of every sort, no doubt much of which remains classified. NAOE is also well equipped to project its rather considerable knowledge base into design issues concerning oil platform construction, fire safety, and extreme emergency fires at sea, and an entire range of out of the box marine engineering solutions that flow from this area of research and development.

LateToTheTable

[edit on 6-6-2010 by LateToTheTable]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I'm surprised the staff working for these oil companies havn't walked out in protest.... i think i would have left a job by now... coz i'm a wildlife lover... this would have just been too much to keep working for them for...

I'm afraid there are too many people who think it's money which makes the world go round... they didn't realise that as a matter of fact, it's the sun's magnetic pull! Not only that but it's the people who work the hardest and who are paid little who make the dollars for the Elite to keep their butts in a nice comfortable house!!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
How is putting 100,000 people out of work going to help this? They've already said they'll pay all of the costs.

seize all their assets... ALL... and the assets of every top executive.... liquidate .... there are other oil companies besides BP that can fill the void

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders

We are all to blame,

[edit on 6-6-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

Yep... blame the victims... It's the fisherman's fault

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AquaImage13

regardless, if you know they are evil and trying to take controll of your soul, you know how to beat them. Stop giving them your cash, don't drive a car, don't use air conditioning, turn off your lights, decrease your income so you're paying less taxes. The fact that you have done nothing to change this makes it partly your responsibility... and mine as well

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by renegadeloser
The fact that you have done nothing to change this makes it partly your responsibility... and mine as well

Why don't you go down to LA and set up a podium on one of the beaches and spew the above jargon into the ears of the local residents and see how long it takes until you get torn apart limb from limb.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
has any one looked at the link today - its spewing the most oil i've seen so far - are we viewing a video from inside the dome?.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AquaImage13
HELL NO. I take absolutely NO responsibilty for this whatsoever. And never ever will. We are forced to use this energy because they own every damn patent for clean free energy and you cant tell me they dont have the tech., because that is bullshiv.

So you live off the grid then? You have absolutely zero reliance on petroleum or associated products. The very computer you used to write your rant, how exactly was that powered (indirectly I'm speaking as in power plants,etc). Do you drive a vehicle, take the bus or fly? The list is endless. Unless you are off the grid you are as much responsible for this mess as anyone. I'm not innocent either. I enjoy and use the same items.

It is unbelievably arrogant and naive to pontificate the finer points of life's disasters while enjoying all that they have to offer. As for the "we are forced" bit" this is a free country your free to use any alternate means you want, good luck with that.

brill

[edit on 6-6-2010 by brill]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's not only affecting wildlife but our species as well. Some of the beaches are already destroyed and completely covered with tar. People are being reported ill because of this. Hurricane season is going to be quite severe this year..

And to think the governor of Louisiana doesn't give a DAMN about this situation at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
what i'd like to know is..if criminal charges are filed and they are forced to pay hefty fines..who the hell gets the money? and if thet have payed millions of $$ in cleanup, who are they paying and how much? their employees at probably the same rate they were earning before with maybe even less due to the fact of the overtime pay..how the %$#% is al and tipper gores splitting up more important than this and wasnt he an advocate for the environment just a couple years back? where the hell is he? i feel bad because i voted for that imposter..seriouslt people we need to rise up.we the thinkers are everywhere in this country. we must do it cause no one else will..the midwest is full of sheeple, hard working sheeple.but still sheeple nomne the less, the west coast is all about money and fashion and bulls#@t.the south are another group of good hard working people ,however most of them just live a slower more relaxed way of life,i have lived in these areas so i am kinda dfamiliar with these characters,i never lived on east coast so i can not be a fair judge..if a thousand of us went into each bank and withdrew all our money and got our freinds to as well, that could possibly be a beginning to something. for we can not boycott oil.we have made it an intergal part of our exsistance.we need to take back this country and refocus our priorities. and if money is what they crave we need to take it back somehow. sorry for the many grammatical infractions.thank you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join