It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Oil Spill's Threat to Wildlife Turns Real

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

ON BARATARIA BAY, La. (June 5) -- The wildlife apocalypse along the Gulf Coast that everyone has feared for weeks is fast becoming a terrible reality. Pelicans struggle to free themselves from oil, thick as tar, that gathers in hip-deep pools, while others stretch out useless wings, feathers dripping with crude. Dead birds and dolphins wash ashore, coated in the sludge. Seashells that once glinted pearly white under the hot June sun are stained crimson.

Story with lots of pictures

I knew it would take something like this for the majority to speak out on it.

Sad sad sad.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
not good. To me it seems that the govt and also the media arnt doing much to tackle the problem of wildlife. They are too busy with other matters.
i see ...animal extinction coming ahead...

there are some photos here of more birds in danger..

Oil Spill photos

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
so many people are so greedy and so thoughtless that i could actually cry. and i never cry.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
our so called rulers are just a bunch of pigs
sorry for insulting pigs

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Nobody, including our government, gives a # what happens to the wildlife or the plannet. If they did BP would be a bankrupt company right now. People are still trying to someway profit from this.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
BP the company should be wound up and all there profits used to try and sort some solution to this crime against planet earth. And all there executives should be locked up for life if not worse!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by john007
BP the company should be wound up and all there profits used to try and sort some solution to this crime against planet earth. And all there executives should be locked up for life if not worse!

How is putting 100,000 people out of work going to help this? They've already said they'll pay all of the costs.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The town where I live in Scotland relies on BP as the biggest employer in the area. Everyone who works there is on big money. No expense is spared when they need any equipment or facilities. Despite all the expenditure they still make massive profits. We hear constantly form oil companies how difficult it is for them but in reality they are making so much money they don't know what to do with it.

Meanwhile the rest of us have to pay for all this. And now we have environmental destruction to contend with as well.

I think it is high time companies like BP are taken over by governments and run for the benifit of everyone not just the shareholders and profiteers.

BP = Buggered Planet

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I think it is high time companies like BP are taken over by governments and run for the benifit of everyone not just the shareholders and profiteers.

BP = Buggered Planet

That is exactly why they did this...

People still can't see this for some reason.

Who are the owners of BP, and other large companies?... They are part of the trilateral commission and other global groups, and part of the elite who have been trying to impose a One World Government...

Their Anthropogenic Global Warming scam failed, so they had to try something else...something that would make people mad and make them demand for "the governments to take over BP and other companies" and "implement new laws, and controls so this can never happen again"....

THE GOVERNMENTS ALREADY OWN BP BECAUSE THE OWNERS ARE PART OF THE RICH ELITES AND THEY ALL WANT TO IMPLEMENT A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT....

I apologize for the caps, but people should wake up to this fact.

What this is going to bring, and the demand of the people, is for the implementation of the rich elite's version of a one World Government. They will implement more draconian laws which at the end will be set up to control us more... Us the common/regular people...

The elites, and their rich companies will continue to exist in one way or another. We will be the ones to pay for this in two ways. The environmental disaster, and the new controls, and laws so many of you are blindly calling for.

BTW, I don't own any companies which deal with oil, or similar companies. I have no stocks on any oil companies and I don't work for them.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

Money cannot fix what they have done. Money cannot give the ocean back it's life. Money cannot suck all of the oil back out of the waters.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Yes son, As far as the eye can see will all be yours someday!
Gee thanks dad...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I wonder how long it would take to repar the leak if this happened in the Persian Gulf?

Half an hour? Hour tops?

Thats where the intere$t lies folks. Big interest in forgen oil. Government, politicians, banksters....all would be out there including the US Military and even NASA.

My God we can build space stations...star wars technology...but we cant fix this?

Again what if this occured in the PERSIAN GULF?

Not much it would of got fixed fast as it started.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by digdeep

We all need to get mad enough to do something about this or it will continue.

And it will take all of us not just a few.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I suppose all of the problems in this world could be solved if you were willing to boycott nearly everything that supports your exorbitant lifestyles.

Think about it.

We are all to blame,BP was only going after what you demand to live your lives as you do,like any other corporation or business.

-like the swimming pool in your back yard,when you live a mile from the ocean,don't worry,the oil won't get into your pool...

I personally accept part of the blame,which is the first step toward fixing the problem,or correcting the mistake.

Why does no one make any admission to any wrongdoing,before it is too late?.

This is a wake up call.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Is it my Imagination or does it look like there is ten times more oil
come out now than 1 week ago.

If it was a Leak before, it must a
Fountain, Nope bigger than that
Geyser, Nope bigger than that
Gusher, Nah
it Looks more they opened the flood gates on a Dam

Maybe Bp's aim is drain all earths oil, then scoop up all the oil and
corner the market.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Corporations destroy your sources by polluting and destroying,by gaining ownership,in order to corner the markets on what they have to sell you.

None of you own anything,you don't even own yourselves,not even the waste you excrete.

Everything you do,everything you need to survive,is a priviledge (SP) you purchase from others above you.

Don't look too close,you might actually see it is true.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
HELL NO. I take absolutely NO responsibilty for this whatsoever. And never ever will. We are forced to use this energy because they own every damn patent for clean free energy and you cant tell me they dont have the tech., because that is bullshiv. Im sick of reading, " oh this is everyone's fualt, because of our lifestlye". Hel NO! This is a means to an end of our constitutional rights and our sovereign nation. Wake Up. Goldman Sucks dumping 4.2 million shares of BP, Halliburton buying Boots and Coots Oil Spill Company and cementing well. Drilling past permit. The texas company who made the blowout preventer having a billion dollar insurance policy with A.I.G.(our tax money)....hhhmmm something doesn't smell right. Now a gas tax, Cap and Trade through the Lost Act. Add it up we are being dooped! And our ocean is paying for it!
I didnt do a damn thing but try to celebrate my birthday on 4-22. And I had to have this on my mind. These people need to be locked away for good including every damn one in Washington who is running in circles and lying about every thing they say. Wake UP. !!!!! There is a war on for your mind, soul and Cash!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yes,after all is destroyed,it will be yours,all that you survey.

And the meek shall inherit the earth,and we are not the meek.

We need to get some native americans into office in this country,they had a handle on it till whitey showed up.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AquaImage13

You could always disregard what they have to say,if enough people did,they would not be able to enforce anything.

Wouldn't the refusal to pay taxes,in fact be boycotting the taxing agency.

The problems start at the top,and work their way down.

Too many are too busy looking in the mirror,and failing to see what is behind them,seeing only themselves.

Me me me,but I'm not to blame,not me!.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

Oh good!!!! they're gona pay for it!, so how do you propose they are paying for all the life this will take from nature? they kill themselves?, is that payment? obviously money can't pay for life, these people must be god's!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join