It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two New Jersey men arrested before boarding plane to join terror group,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

2 New Jersey men arrested before boarding plane to join terror group,

www.nj.com

Two N.J. men arrested at JFK airport before boarding plane to join Islamist terrorist group, authorities say.

The men, both North Jersey residents, were charged with conspiring to commit an act of international terrorism through a group tied to Osama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network, according to officials familiar with the details of the arrests.

Authorities said the men planned to wage jihad as part of a Somalia-based Islamist terror group called al Shabaab, an organization of several tho
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nj.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www. theyeshivaworld.com

[edit on 6-6-2010 by asala]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So here we go again, It seems a little odd that we first get the "supposed" terrorist on a plane from France, Now here we have 2 men who are of on a plane to go join a terror group,

Mohamed Hamoud Alessa, 20, and Carlos Eduardo Almonte, 26,
Set of to get the plane from the JFK air port and where about to head over to Egypt before being apprehended,

The men where booked on separate flights but State officials have been watching there moves since OCT2006?

Though they did state that there was no attack imminent,
and that they do not believe any attack by these men was to be on US soil but rather targeting Americans in Somalia.

www.nj.com

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Watching them since 2006?

I wonder how many thousands of donuts were consumed,until this point.

If one guy is 20, and the other is 26, that means they were 16, and 22 at the time they came under surveillance.

Perhaps they waited until the younger one could be nabbed as an adult, too?

Scary!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Whoa!!!! They almost got me too! Thank God I had the good sense to to clean my toys right after I was done.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
It does appear to be quite odd Asala and more frequent in the past year. I'm not saying that they may not be terrorists cause to be honest I actually don't know. But, the feds brought them in once they boarded the plane having evidence that they had an intention but I don't hear about any explosives. They could just want to enjoy the sunny spells of Egypt
And couldn't they have known they had an intention found through emails and stuff on the computer by hacking? They're capable enough to do that. Do they just want to make it more public...emphasise the attack? And is this just an excuse to bring any random person in under the pretense of being a threat?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Seems theremay be a few bits of information that are not correct or keep getting updated as the story 'grows'

On the BBC news frontpage, one of them is said to be 24.

They've both been charged and will face the courts pretty soon.
I wonder how much money has been spent on suveilance of these two young men.

It seems to me that they are being used as examples, examples as to how laws can be twisted to suit the enforcer. They have not actually done anything, apart from try to board planes, and who is to say that the evidence against them is even true..

Something don't smell quite right here. Why is it such major news?
Propaganda stands out for miles when it's shoved in your face.

Two men who were arrested at New York's John F Kennedy Airport have been charged with conspiring to commit an act of international terrorism.

US authorities say they intended to join a jihadist group in Somalia and kill American troops overseas.

Mohamed Mahmood Alessa, 20, and Carlos Eduardo Almonte, 24, were held before they could board separate flights to Egypt and then continue on to Somalia.

They are due to appear on Monday in a federal court in Newark, New Jersey.

The pair face charges of conspiring to kill, maim, and kidnap persons outside the United States by joining al-Shabaab, a militant group based in Somalia and linked to al-Qaeda. Al-Shabaab was designated a terrorist group by the US in 2008.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I could say I was going to go and paint a funny slogan on the walls of parliament, but that don't mean I'd actually do it..

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

So here we go again, It seems a little odd that we first get the "supposed" terrorist on a plane from France, Now here we have 2 men who are of on a plane to go join a terror group,

Mohamed Hamoud Alessa, 20, and Carlos Eduardo Almonte, 26,
Set of to get the plane from the JFK air port and where about to head over to Egypt before being apprehended,

The men where booked on separate flights but State officials have been watching there moves since OCT2006?

Though they did state that there was no attack imminent,
and that they do not believe any attack by these men was to be on US soil but rather targeting Americans in Somalia.

www.nj.com

I don't get it, they weren't targeting anyone, the main allegation is that they might wanted to target Americans in Somalia, I didn't know there were Americans in Somalia.

Big Conspiracy tag stamped all over it.

I wonder what the real motives behind these arrests were.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
These men were probably sending emails, making phone calls, sending/receiving money and letters to various "terror" groups looking for recruitment cause they are just radical hate filled guys in America...

They probably got the confirmation, CIA intercepted message, and action was taken. I don't believe it's any conspiracy... American media has a right to blow this up... I mean Homeland Security must cost you guys a lot?

From what I hear being an air-marshall for the U.S is best paying job for actual work put-out. lol.

i kid... i bet it's a tough job.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by CanadianDream420]

top topics

join