It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Trade Exchange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
So i found these websites here;

Emeriox

I know the website is very basic and needs a lot of work, but the idea is solid. As i was thinking about this website, i had an idea.

Lets start local exchanges in our communities! They can be ran like a co-op(structure). I was thinking that you charge a low monthly fee to clients and what you would do is create a database in your computer that automatically matches up to what is needed for clients. Now i obviously understand how much of an undertaking this is, but the benefits are huge. You would have a patent on the software needed for the database(sell the software to fund business and offer to sell your business plan to potential owners as a form of profit). You would also have a location with a warehouse for storage space. The next step in evolution of this type of industry would be to for a network to connect the local barter stores from community to community. The idea is that only members of the co-op could access this database and proliferate the trade. This would go for services, and just about everything.

If you know of something going on like this in your own local community let me know. I'm sure i'm not the first person to have this idea.

join