It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds succumb to oil slick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Birds succumb to oil slick

news.ninemsn.com.au

The US government will respond to complaints that not enough people are tasked with rescuing creatures soaked in oil from the Gulf of Mexico spill, a top US official has pledged.

As shocking pictures of helpless birds smothered in thick, rust-colored layers of oil emerged, the environmental group the Sierra Club argued too few people are deployed on the ground to help the stricken wildlife.

"The scope of this thing is to where it's really unprecedented," Admiral Thad Allen, the official in
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/6/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I could post some more images of oil-covered birds, but it is extremely distressing to others here on ATS.

The globalist elite and their Big Oil sycophantic lackeys are relishing at the sight of these oil-covered birds, squeaking in vain for justice that will never come in their lifetimes.

They are gonna rake in trillions of dollars from the clean-up operation.

What do you think?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I don't think there is going to be a clean-up operation.

When the ocean is dead and the people realize there is no turning back, the riots will ensue and the Illuminati will hide in their bunkers.

The rest of us will be left to destroy ourselves.

At-least the people in the cities will destroy themselves...

Buy supplies now, it is the final months before all hell breaks loose.

Edited to add: Revelation 16:3

"And the second angel poured his bowl into the ocean and it became red as the blood of a dead man; and all the living creatures died."

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I think the lack of cleanup response is appalling and disgusting. There should be whole armies worth of people cleaning the shoreline every day and should have been there since day 1.

but do we see that? No.. Why not?

There are reports from experts that say they are not deploying the boom correctly and using catch basins to catch the oil. Why Not? Whatwould this have hurt?

We should see on th news every day the clean beaches because there are enough people to do the job and they are staying on top of it.. But we do not see this. Why Not?

These are the questions I do not hear reporters asking BP and Obama.

Why Not?

Deny Obamarance

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I think the lack of cleanup response is appalling and disgusting. There should be whole armies worth of people cleaning the shoreline every day and should have been there since day 1.

but do we see that? No.. Why not?

There are reports from experts that say they are not deploying the boom correctly and using catch basins to catch the oil. Why Not? Whatwould this have hurt?

We should see on th news every day the clean beaches because there are enough people to do the job and they are staying on top of it.. But we do not see this. Why Not?

These are the questions I do not hear reporters asking BP and Obama.

Why Not?

Deny Obamarance

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
While I agree that this cleanup process has been lacking, and government has always got my middle finger pointed at them..

Too many people don't realize that the damage is done. While these adult animals are sad to look at.. heartbreaking for me, the real damage is going to be years down the road. The area where these animals (birds especially) go to mate will be damaged beyond repair, many of them already are. This entire season for many species will be lacking as the oil moves into these habitats, an entire season of new life will be lost.. and these areas will be dead for years to come.

What we don't see, the future, is where the damage and heartbreak really lies.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

True. And look at this article I just posted in another thread here regarding the Exxon Valdez spill in 1989, which is still causing problems more than 20 years later:

"March 24, 2009
Today marks the twentieth anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill, one of the worst environmental disasters in history. The Exxon Valdez spilled between 11 and 38 million gallons of crude oil into the fishing waters of Prince William Sound. The spill contaminated more than 1,200 miles of Alaska’s shoreline and killed hundreds of thousands of seabirds and marine animals. It also dealt a staggering blow to the residents of local fishing towns, and the effects of the disaster are still being felt today. We speak with Riki Ott, a community activist, marine toxicologist, former commercial salmon fisherma’am and author of two books on the spill. Her latest is Not One Drop: Betrayal and Courage in the Wake of the Exxon Valdez Spill. [includes rush transcript]"

Source: www.democracynow.org...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Exactly, driving home my point. 20 years later, and lots of 'clean up' efforts.. there are still areas that are feeling the loss of EV.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

And what is even more ironic, is the fact that B P was involved in the
initial cleanup efforts, which were botched. Talk about history repeating itself!

Source: www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 6-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Not to derail this thread, but here's a snippet of my own:

The US government will respond to complaints that not enough people are tasked with rescuing people soaked in tar & nicotine from U.S. tobacco factories, a top US official has pledged.

As shocking pictures of people smoking through holes in their necks and speaking with cancer kazoos emerged, environmental groups argued too few people are deployed on the ground to help the stricken smokers.

BP drowns a bunch of birds and people go ape sh!t, while tobacco companies kill 160,000+ PEOPLE each year with their completely legal products.

Wow, our priorities sure are where they need to be, aren't they...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I am a smoker. I choose to smoke, despite the health risk that I know I face. Humans have the ability to reason, where animals do not. With the ability to reason, we have the ability to protect, where they have no ability to protect us. While I think your point is one to look at, in the opinion that sometimes our priorities are not in the right place.

Do you realize that we do in fact need nature in order to survive as a species?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You'd think people who visit the beaches and see this would help.

OH WAIT THE GOVERNMENT AND BP SHOULD DO IT BECAUSE THEY CAUSED IT.

You know, just like the attempted murder victim should be revived/helped by the murderer.

Passerby's need not be concerned.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
BP&The government's main priorities are to save the oil, rather than stop the leak. Look at all the options they had and offers of help which they didn't use. That'd mean they'd have to dig a new well, and waste all that lovely oil. They couldn't care less about birds or sea life

top topics

join