It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watt Cosponsors Resolution to Limit Powers of Office of Congressional Ethics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Watt Cosponsors Resolution to Limit Powers of Office of Congressional Ethics

beforeitsnews.com

So basically, the crux of the matter here is that too many black Congressmen have been caught with their dirty laundry by this citizen panel so they’re obviously racist. The behavior and guilt of these Congressmen is completely irrelevant. It doesn’t matter if they’re guilty or not. Too many of them are black and so we’re way over the quota here.

The bottom line is that if more white Congressmen weren’t doing as good of a job hiding their malfeasance,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Many of us might thing that ethics in Congress is an oxymoron, and that's what the article says. What I see is the main point here is that the ethics committee is actually doing there job, and there for congress does not want it. Can't have a group of citizens actually exposing politicians now can we? Please post your comments.

beforeitsnews.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance.

But it's 2010. Why the hell do we still need a "black caucus"?

Isn't a congressman just a congressman? Why are we still getting racial about things? Sometimes I think our country is doomed, when even our elected leaders can't get over their petty skin-color differences.

The citizen-run ethics panel is far more open than the notoriously secretive standards committee, publicizing its findings after referring them to the ethics committee.

It looks to me like the Office of Congressional Ethics is doing good work.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Drwizardphd
thanks for posting
and yes that is kind of the point. The committee is actually doing what they are suppose to do, and there for congress wants to limit what they can do. A good example of the kind of people we have in congress.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Exactly. That is why it must be stopped! It's doing what it is supposed to do.

Whatever happened to Charlie Rangel and his troubles with finances? Could it be that he is a strong supporter of this attempt to weaken the Ethics offices?

This is the way it goes, though. The party in power gets scrutinized heavily. And members say, "Ouch!"

And when next the other party, lol, other party, gets the majority power, members of that party will be heavily scrutinized, too.

Back and forth, back and forth. We are the most ethical! No WE are the most ethical! We are the most transparent! NO we are the most transparent!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Kyred
thanks for posting
This might be something the MSM could pick up on. The Committee just might be able to stay around if the people have a chance to hear about this.
Although like you said which ever party is in power will be the part to again try to stop it.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

You're welcome.

I'm really not even sure this will fly, though. But, one never knows. It could stay under the radar by only having a portion of the black caucus support it. And instead of this proposal dying the death it so badly needs to die, it could be inserted in some long and wordy bill of, say, 2000 pages or so, that no one acutally reads.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Kyred
I would tend to think what is going to happen will be exactly what you said in the latter part of your post. I will be slipped into something some where.
unfortunate.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I believe you are my next new friend.
2nd line for a

new topics

top topics

join