It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware! Patriot Act II is coming!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

That can be done more effectively by staying in one branch of the military instead of padding the resume'. Nah, sounds like a milk job to me.

BTW, what is the military's position on having enemy sympathizers among their ranks?

I have chosen my profession. It's to serve my country as a military member. Just as any profession, one would seek a place where they would feel the employment is best. The Army, for me, was not a good fit. I don't think promotion through 'boards' is the best way to choose it's NCO leaders. It is too easy for people who are unqualified to advance. I think the Air Force has a better way of choosing it's NCO's, through aptitude tests. Too many times in the Army have I seen bosses who have no clue as to what they are doing. I was in the Signal Corps, maybe it's different for other MOS's. As to the treatment of enemy combatants, the best thing about the Army, IMHO, was the NCO corps. The esprit de corps. Now, I want you to think about how we treat our enemy and how it corresponds to the oath NCO's in the US Army abide by. If you do not see a correlation between fair and just treatment for everyone. A manner, a code of conduct, a propellant of all ideas that are American, then we do simply do not agree as on how American soldiers should conduct themselves among their peers or their enemy.

THE NCO Creed

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wow! Alot of replies to my post! Cool! Anyways, getting back to the subject at hand the bottom line is we don't need the Patriot Act. So here are my concerns:

1. Why are we being presented with the Patriot Act when Al Quada and other groups from other nations are the terrorist? It just seems to me that if the U.S. is going to present the Patriot Act to us then it applies to us. Right? So the question is whom does the government consider a terrorist? Everyone who carries a gun and kills someone else?

2. IMO we don't need the Patriot Act. I think the government is capable of finding these terrorist groups without the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act is just a level control over us to keep us in line.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
curme

I was unfair in characterizing you and your intentions. As for your statement:

Now, I want you to think about how we treat our enemy and how it corresponds to the oath NCO's in the US Army abide by.

I have a question for you, a bit off topic. Recently there was an American officer who discharged his firearm near a suspect's head during interrogation. The officer was near retirement. The suspect immediately gave up information that ultimately saved soldier's lives.

Did the officer commit torture? Should he be punished?

<< 1  2   >>

join