It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
Legal or illegal is just ink on paper in different patterns.

I know people who have spent years in prison that would disagree with you.

They know the difference between living inside a prison from illegal activity, versus being on the outside of the prison from legal activity, and they would correct your misguided statement: the difference is way more than words on a piece of paper.

And I think your parents have failed you if they never taught you the difference.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by daskakik

Fighters with no morals, because they are not following the law, immoral is immoral whether it has to do with God's law or human or govenrmental laws.

But the law is on the same level as a traffic ticket. An administrative infraction. You are the ones making it out to be a crime, felony and even treason when in reality it is not. It is not an offense of moral turpitude so not immoral. You may belive it is but your laws don't reflect this.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

They know the difference between living inside a prison from illegal activity, versus being on the outside of the prison from legal activity, and they would correct your misguided statement: the difference is way more than words on a piece of paper.

And I think your parents have failed you if they never taught you the difference.

I know the difference in the words but when a large group being called illegal today can be legal tommorrow with a change in the law then yes it is just a change of ink on paper because reality has not changed.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by daskakik

Fighters with no morals, because they are not following the law, immoral is immoral whether it has to do with God's law or human or govenrmental laws.

But the law is on the same level as a traffic ticket. An administrative infraction. You are the ones making it out to be a crime, felony and even treason when in reality it is not. It is not an offense of moral turpitude so not immoral. You may belive it is but your laws don't reflect this.

If I break a traffic law it is still immoral, it may endanger someone else. That's one example I didn't say anywhere that it was a felony I don't know much about that if it is or isn't...break any law whether an infraction or a major one no difference, still immoral. You are not following a law regardless! If I steal a stick of gum it's immoral. Who taught you your morals.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

what will you people do when spanish becomes the official language to the usa??( scoff laugh or roll your eyes at that but the hispanic population IS the largest in the country right now-how do you really count illegals btw?)

At least your somewhat brave enough to admit the real reason your against immigration?

I am laughing because your fear is unfounded. English doesn't have to be declared the official language because it has always survived.

Do some research on it and you will find that what you state is false? You throwing it out there shows you haven't done research.

When you look at all those European and Asian countries as well as Latin American countries, what second language are they teaching in schools?

English.

And in time the children of Hispanics will learn English and speak English. You would be amazed to see that many Hispanic children barely speak Spanish. English will always prevail no matter what other languages are being spoken in the US.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I know the difference in the words but when a large group being called illegal today can be legal tommorrow with a change in the law then yes it is just a change of ink on paper because reality has not changed.

So because all the laws on the books today that cause all the prisoners to be in jail could be changed tomorrow, we should set all the prisoners free?

The laws that are in effect today apply today, the laws that are in effect tomorrow apply tomorrow, and you pretending it's any other way is not facing reality.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Q: What is one HUGE reason (among many others) for people from Mexico and Central America to leave their families and to risk everything to come to the USofA?

A: The USofA has obliterated agricultural communities throughout these countries. Farmers who have lost their livelihoods turn to where they can earn enough to sustain their families.

Q: How did the USofA destroy agricultural communities?

A: Through this thing called "Free Trade" under the guise of NAFTA and CAFTA. Free Trade does not necessarily mean "Fair Trade." >> "Fair" is for suckers. What's been happening is that subsidized (corporate welfare) US grain and corn is being dumped onto the Mexican and Central American markets. And because it's subsidized, it's CHEAP. Cheaper than the local grain and corn. So much cheaper that local farmers can't sell their own grain and corn.

>> People are flooding our borders because of our predatory practices. > those "illegals." But it is oh so difficult and uncomfortable and unprofitable to go after the root causes and reasons.

It's beyond time that US legislators have the balls to revamp immigration policies to create a framework that deals with the millions of undocumented workers who are already here and with the millions more who will certainly follow.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If I break a traffic law it is still immoral, it may endanger someone else. That's one example I didn't say anywhere that it was a felony I don't know much about that if it is or isn't...break any law whether an infraction or a major one no difference, still immoral. You are not following a law regardless! If I steal a stick of gum it's immoral. Who taught you your morals.

I guess I could say that my parents tried to teach me the same morals that you have but that life has made me see that those morals are just another form of control. I will gladly break any law that I see as infinging on my natural rights.

It would seem that your morals don't let you question the law no matter what they are or why they are.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
When we allow words such as "legal" or "illegal" to dictate whether a person should be allowed to live or left to die, then we truly lose our humanity.

Call me inhuman, then. That won't bother me a bit. It's a matter of national survival, and I'm plenty unwilling to compromise in it. Ask an Indian what happens when you allow foreigners to come and destroy your culture, replacing it with theirs, unimpeded. The only real difference is that we have set up laws against this sort of thing these days, whereas they didn't have such laws back then. Pity that we ignore those laws.

Regardless of how you feel about illegal immigration, these people are doing the right thing by helping these people.

I'm sure THEY think so. I'd call it "aiding and abetting in the commission of a crime".

Those of you who are suggesting that these human beings be left to rot in the desert have truly lost touch with reality.

Why 'reality'? Reality is that people die every day from making stupid decisions, illegal alien or not. Reality is that we all have to live with the consequences of our actions.

I hope none of you guys believe in God. Because by his standards, you're all going to rot in Hell.

I suppose you should scare me. I've never met anyone who can set standards for a god.

In my opinion, these 'aid stations' are being misused. They should be treated as bait stations instead. If these people are marking maps and handing them out, it ought to be a simple matter for them to be found, and traps set.

In that sense, perhaps these people ARE doing a 'good thing', but the followup just isn't what it ought to be.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So because all the laws on the books today that cause all the prisoners to be in jail could be changed tomorrow, we should set all the prisoners free?

The laws that are in effect today apply today, the laws that are in effect tomorrow apply tomorrow, and you pretending it's any other way is not facing reality.

Yes but what is illegal today is made legal tommorow by changing the pattern of the ink on the paper. In reality nothing else has changed.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
really? havent done my research??

i call directv theres the menu in spanish
i goto a western union theres signs in spanish
i goto my dentists theres signs celebrating cinco demayo
i goto an atm woah theres another menu in spanish
i goto a bank wow theres antoehr signs in spanish

flipping thru the tv hmmm spanish tv channels

there are alot more examples ut anyway.

my bad for thinking since i live in america everything should be in english i mean my god im sorry for my "stupidity"

how many other minoritys today have the all their own stuff in this country?

really how many?

i thought we lived in america? right? we do? please tell me? am i wrong?

e pluribus unum my friend. we all know what it means out of many come one

many people
many cultures evolving into a single super culture if u will
correct me if im wrong then plz.

thats the idea at least it was.......

what we have instead.........every other culture being subjugated to 1
spanish.

say what you u will disagree iv voice my opinion

btw u made an assumption im against illegal immigration not immigration in it self and i did say to stop it from mexico i did i'll admit it........but this country needs time to absorb what it already has.

everyone knows what happens when u pour too much water into a bucket-it overflows:p

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

GREEN VALLEY, ARIZ. -- "Somos amigos," called Shura Wallin, ducking low into the shade beneath the highway overpass. "We're friends," she said again in Spanish, calling out to anyone who might be hiding. "Don't be afraid."

At a time when state and federal governments are focused on tightening the border to keep out immigrants who cross illegally from Mexico, Wallin and her colleagues help people who make the trip. They leave water and food along well-known foot trails. They distribute maps showing the water sites and search for trekking migrants. Sometimes, they find dead bodies

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

I couldn't get the breaking news to work but this may be more of a political issue anyway.

I applaud these peoples efforts, just because they are illegal immigrants doesn't mean they should be allowed to die in the desert. They are only coming here for the same reasons our ancestors came here, better jobs and hopefully for a better life...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

Although I wouldn't want anyone to die in the desert, the illegals shouldn't have come here to begin with. We need to close our borders to prevent illegals from getting into these bad situations to begin with.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A QUESTION to those showing support for this activity:

If you knew a bank was about to be robbed, would you visit the bank before the crime and leave behind a bullet-proof vest and some extra duffel bags for the bank robber(s)?

The bank robbers are just trying to make some money and live a better life, RIGHT?

CORRECT ANSWER: It would be the WRONG thing to do, just as assisting illegals who are committing a crime as well.

If you want money and a better life, there are legal ways of trying to obtain it. Choosing the illegal way should not be rewarded in ANY way whatsoever.

It is unbelievable that folks are showing support here for CRIMINAL ACTIVITY!!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It's a matter of national survival

Does national survival even exist anymore? These days of globalization only points to the unification of countries in following the example of the European Union.

Ask an Indian what happens when you allow foreigners to come and destroy your culture, replacing it with theirs, unimpeded.

Does the evidence really suggest that another culture is taking over? I don't think so. Usually by the time the second and third generation comes around, they are pretty much Americans.

I think what you are pointing out is what the businesses are doing. The businesses are the ones setting up bilingual positions and signs.The businesses are the ones deciding who they want to cater to. On top of that, our government is the one who insists on making life easier by translating everything into different languages.

I'd call it "aiding and abetting in the commission of a crime"

If this crime was classified as a felony, I would agree with you. But as a misdemeanor, I have a hard time buying that.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i call directv theres the menu in spanish
i goto a western union theres signs in spanish
i goto my dentists theres signs celebrating cinco demayo
i goto an atm woah theres another menu in spanish
i goto a bank wow theres antoehr signs in spanish

And with everything you said, I ask you one question.

Who chose to put things in Spanish?

My winning bet is that it wasn't the illegals.

Analyze what you said and you will realize that it is corporate America in search of more money who made those decisions.

you want some Nachos with that.

BTW, I am not pro illegal. I am just trying to bring some common sense to a problem that has been going on for some time. Everybody wants to blame the illegals and bash them and condemn them while merely overlooking the real culprits who have created and allowed the situation to get to where it is today.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by jam321]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
you blame the corporations i blame the government for the past 20 years for not doing squat for stopping the flow of illegals into this country.

if there was no market for it there wouldnt be any of those things.

btw i hate nachos:p

ponder this without those evil banks and evil corporations: would you have the car you drive? the house you live in? the computer your using right now? the internet to voice your opinions? the electricity to use all ur appliances? without corporations where does your food,medicine come from etc.

your free to like and dislike what you will..........

but i will not bash them im thankful for what i do have cause without them wed all be living in caves playing with sticks and rocks.:p

[edit on 6-6-2010 by neo96]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Although I don't think any of us want people to die i the desert, the reality is that they knew it was a possibility.

They also knew that they were committing a crime by coming here.
The also knew that once here, they would be committing more crimes against legal United States citizens.

On a human side, we all want to help. The reality is that we cannot help everyone which is why we must keep our borders secure against people coming here illegally. We must also not ENABLE crimes to be committed. Although their intentions are good, they are making things worse. Remember, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
you blame the corporations i blame the government for the past 20 years for not doing squat for stopping the flow of illegals into this country.

if there was no market for it there wouldnt be any of those things.

btw i hate nachos:p

Although it would be prudent to keep the borders more secure, lets put the blame where it belongs; with those committing the crime-the illegals.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
trust me i do blame illegals and i do blame others. theres enough to go around.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I ask you to make a list of everything wrong, including immigration, with the US today. Everything from pensions, social security, foreign policy, wall street etc... and ask yourself how many of these issues have been addressed by our government?

The reality is not much has been done. And why should they address these issues? With so much attention on illegals and now hat has happened in Israel, our government knows that very little attention is on them.

ponder this without those evil banks and evil corporations: would you have the car you drive? the house you live in? the computer your using right now? the internet to voice your opinions? the electricity to use all ur appliances? with corporations where does your food,medicine come from etc.

Isn't government and corporations the reason I have to depend on them more and more for my needs?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join