It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I want to see how many citizens of this country would do the jobs that the illegals do.

There was a poster here on ATS, a building contractor specializing in tile installation. He was basically driven out of business by onslaught of cheap labor from Mexico. Yes, some Mexicans will take jobs for pennies, which drives the wages way, way down and as an example, all of a sudden you start seeing that 100% workers in landscaping business are indeed Mexican. It's not that citizens never wanted these jobs, it's that suppressed wages do make some of these undesirable.

I understand what you are saying, I really do. But who is to blame here?
The greedy corporations that become richer and richer at the expense of desperate people or people that would take any job to put food in their mouth?

I don't care who is to blame, in a way. All I care about is that nobody should encourage illegal immigration, and border is sealed shut. You can't right the wrongs of the world by letting in every disadvantages person, because your own country will erode by sheer force of numbers. Anyone who doesn't see it is naive beyond help.

I just want you to understand this. Have you been so hungry, so hungry and with no money that things that you don't like eating (in my case vegetables ) you would eat it because there is nothing left?

Oh yes, I had to live on oatmeal and very cheap canned sardines. Not my diet of choice.

I tell you from experience that most of those illegal coming to the US (at lest in california) are humble people. That said, I do understand that NO ONE should come illegally to his country, but to let them die like worthless animals is not the solution.

I'm not bloodthirsty at all. Maybe having an airconditioned tunnel stocked with soda and snacks, all the way from Mexico to where I live would be even more humane. Where do you draw the line? Terraforming desert to make it easier to cross?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hello I know that everyone who wrote or writes in this thread is at liberty to say what they think, but how many of you take the time to understand the concept of a human life. I read many things saying that they should put illegal immigrants in prison for committing a crime, but everyone knows the way to turn a non-voilent man, violent is prison. What do you expect America do you think that just because you came to this country looking for a better life it means that you could have destroyed all the people that already lived here, how many family did the white Europeans destroyed , now because you make the laws we all have to follow!! I bet a lot of you are thinking about ways to try to insult me or try to prove me wrong......... Why cant we think as human beings and help each other out in times of need. What makes me different from you, i breathe air, i have blood (it would be scary if i didn't ) i have dreams, most important i have love for mankind. I hope that one day the politics of the world can come to an end and everything we work for is for the future not for money or corporations but for love in your species that's what its all about. Peace in love to everyone (except aliens) lolz

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

If one of the people needed a drink would you give it to them?

I don't know about anyone else but I'd give them a drink once they were loaded on a bus heading out of the US after finger printing them of course.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Great post !
I agree 1000% !
Starred !

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by ker2010

Liberals seem to think that they are doing some worldly good by encouraging them to come here, I believe their passions misplaced.

I don't think it's just the liberals because we had the same problem during the bush administration.

Personally I'd be more open to letting more people come from war ravaged countries like Sudan, Congo, Burma etc because the people are far, far more grateful, where as Mexicans deem it their birthright to walk wherever they please, and hold America with contempt.

I agree completely. Well said !

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I want to see how many citizens of this country would do the jobs that the illegals do.

There was a poster here on ATS, a building contractor specializing in tile installation. He was basically driven out of business by onslaught of cheap labor from Mexico. Yes, some Mexicans will take jobs for pennies, which drives the wages way, way down and as an example, all of a sudden you start seeing that 100% workers in landscaping business are indeed Mexican. It's not that citizens never wanted these jobs, it's that suppressed wages do make some of these undesirable.

This is an excellent point. Illegals are wiping out the construction business.
I am a builder, perform remodeling and repairs on houses, condos, commercial and industrial sites and it's getting harder and harder to get a decent wage specifically because I'm under bid by illegals.
As example, I charge $2800.00 to install a custom tile tub surround. This is a good price. Not low, not high...fair. I lost a contract to an illegal who bid a few hundred dollars to do the work. I went back and looked at the job and the quality was substandard. I was about 20% of what I would have done.
Another example, recently I bid to paint the outside of a house for $3200.00 which was a really good price. An illegal painter bid $800.00.

Some builders will pay illegals to work on their houses and they let them live their until the house is complete. It's illegal to occupy a new structure that is under construction. It is illegal to pay an employee under the table. It is illegal to hire an illegal worker. But by doing all these things, they can under big me quite often.

I won't even get into the problems with landscaping !! OYE VEY !

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Having just returned from a visit to Baja I found out what the mexican people are really like. Most are the nicest people you will find on this planet, they are not the ones sneaking into the US illegally. However I did discover how hard it is for them to legally come to the US. It takes over 7 years to get a mexican passport to even start the process to begin to immigrate to the US. We met a Mexican Doctor that married a US Citizen, also a Dr. and she was unable to even get travel papers for them to visit his family.

It would be great if they could do it the right way like our ancestors did, it just doesn't work that way anymore & they are forced to sneak across the border just to try & support their families. That or join the cartels & that's very dangerous and illegal also.

There needs to be a better way so that hardworking people can feed their families without sneaking across borders. JMO

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
I wonder how long this will take to end badly?

What I mean is, now more than just illegals know about these supplies. How long will it take for some nut job to start posioning the well?

Imagine what would have happened if the slave owners knew about the underground railroad? Would less slaves have made it free?

Not a good analogy but kinda close.

It's a really good point !
I'm sure there will be someone who will do this and bodies will end up along the trails and there will be outrage against the American people for this. We can't win.

By the way, I like your avatar !

Good post

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

When will people like you grow up.... time is running out!
This is MUCH, MUCH BIGGER then your political agenda! This is about survival of humanity

There's almost 7 billion people on the planet. Humanity isn't going extinct anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious2
Having just returned from a visit to Baja I found out what the mexican people are really like. Most are the nicest people you will find on this planet, they are not the ones sneaking into the US illegally. However I did discover how hard it is for them to legally come to the US. It takes over 7 years to get a mexican passport to even start the process to begin to immigrate to the US. We met a Mexican Doctor that married a US Citizen, also a Dr. and she was unable to even get travel papers for them to visit his family.

It would be great if they could do it the right way like our ancestors did, it just doesn't work that way anymore & they are forced to sneak across the border just to try & support their families. That or join the cartels & that's very dangerous and illegal also.

There needs to be a better way so that hardworking people can feed their families without sneaking across borders. JMO

There needs to be a better way so that hardworking American citizens can feed their families and not have to worry about an illegal taking the jobs that belong to them. What is happening to all the people who are jobless and out of unemployment benefits and medical benefits? If millions of illegals were not here, millions of Americans would be able to work and support their families.

Many other immigrants had to wait years too, but they came here the right way. By allowing just anyone to waltz on over, you are allowing gang members, pedophiles, murderers, kidnappers, etc to come along too.

What do you say to the father of the beautiful 3 year old little boy he lost due to an illegal drunken driver ? This illegal had numerous arrests before killing this child. There are numerous incidents of people being deported and they just come right back again to commit their crimes. What do you say to the children who can no longer play in their own yards because it's too dangerous? What do you say to all the people and businesses who are the victoms of theft from an illegal immigrant?

I have had compassion for people of all walks of life, of every color and culture my entire life. All countries have laws for a reason. America is broke, there are not enough jobs for everyone. If someone comes here illegally, they are taking away from others that already live here legally.

We are being forced to be bilingual in order to get some jobs, citizens are turned away in favor of an illegal who are driving wages down to substandard living wages. Many get free medical and welfare dishonestly, while a legal citizen who makes a mere 3.00 over the poverty line suffers and gets nothing. This is so wrong and bold of the illegals to just shove aside millions of law abiding honest citizens who don't steal identities and use false documents and lie their way through the system.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Americans are the spawn of immigrants too, and i dare say they were much less civil to the inhabitants than illegals today are. Wages in much of mexico are not much better that those of a sweatshops, but im sure most opponents of illegal immigration would soften and say "save that poor peruvian girl from that futureless job" like that social snobs that we are today.

preservation of life isn't a debate to cast "right" or "wrong". you try to preserve all life without bias,

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Living
Americans are the spawn of immigrants too, and i dare say they were much less civil to the inhabitants than illegals today are. Wages in much of mexico are not much better that those of a sweatshops, but im sure most opponents of illegal immigration would soften and say "save that poor peruvian girl from that futureless job" like that social snobs that we are today.

preservation of life isn't a debate to cast "right" or "wrong". you try to preserve all life without bias,

So are you then advocating that all those that are worse off then Americans or even mexicans, be brought over to the US for a better life?

Are you also suggesting that since there weren't protected borders hundreds of years ago in what is now the US, we should not have protected borders now ?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

When will people like you grow up.... time is running out!
This is MUCH, MUCH BIGGER then your political agenda! This is about survival of humanity

There's almost 7 billion people on the planet. Humanity isn't going extinct anytime soon.

Not about being extinct, it's about how to learn to LIVE with each other. We're all guests on this Earth and NO ONE owns anything... so if we don't learn to play along, sooner or later we will be extinct, either by our hands (as we already destroying earth, even though many other natural options are open to us, simply because of GREED) or by the planet we all live in.

So either we NEED to grow up and learn in the play TOGETHER in the sandbox... or we're a waste of space even in this enormous universe!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And the disgusting replies continue.

And to those complaining about illegals and then also claiming you are on disability...quit wasting MY tax dollars. If you are able to be on ATS all day and cry and complain...you can get off your but and go get a job.

That sir is problably the most "Epmty-headed"post I have ever read on this intelligent site!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Not about being extinct, it's about how to learn to LIVE with each other. We're all guests on this Earth and NO ONE owns anything...

Well we know that is not true. People own land, cars, etc...

so if we don't learn to play along, sooner or later we will be extinct,

You just said it's not about being extinct. Which is it?
It's also not about learning to play along. Every country in the world protects it's borders so why can't the US ?

So either we NEED to grow up and learn in the play TOGETHER in the sandbox... or we're a waste of space even in this enormous universe!

So how would you solve the situation? Please be specific. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

"When a criminal steals a car, goes on a high-speed chase, and crashes, what is the first thing that happens?"
REPLY: Irrelevant. Different situation.

"When police officers shoot a suspect the first action they take is to call a medic to try and resuscitate him. Are they "aiding and abetting"?
REPLY: Irrelevant. Different situation.

There is a huge difference between saving a criminal's life, and aiding that criminal in committing a crime. Illegal immigration is not punishable by death.
REPLY: Not by our laws, but Nature has different ideas from time to time.

"If you allow another man's law to override your own sense of decency and morality, than you do not deserve to call yourself a man."

REPLY: This is yet another example of the crap they teach in schools, IE:" Moral relativity." Mans laws trump your own by their very nature trump an individuals laws and morality. An average of $12 Billion goes to Mexico each year. Even that money goes to some noble causes, the illegals who come here are crapping on the heads of their fellow countryman. They should stay home and fix their corrupt government so everyone benefits.

Solution? Well, we have a surplus of Phalanx anti-missile guns, and also land mines. Both of which would be effective. No.... not many people would die, because as soon as a few die, and the word spreads, they will be far less likely to try and cross the border. What it comes down to, is that we have the Constitutional authority to protect America from an invasion, which is exactly what this is. We have the right to protect our Southern border with the same laws that Mexico uses. We just don't have the people in place with the balls to do it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
My career has also had to deal with construction till I got my recession job.
I can tell you right now, I worked in one of the richest counties in the US, and I still wouldn't buy any house built here in the last ten years.

I have seen houses crop up with major problems after one year.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

When I was younger, I would have applauded such efforts and either contributed or participated in such efforts.

Now, I view them as enablers who help people who engage in risky behavior to avoid the consequences of their actions.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just because my house or anyone's house is smaller, doesn't have a good car, doesn't have a pool, does not give me the right to invade their house looking for better things!! You don't invade your neighbors house because it is bigger and better.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yeah.. they should be allowed to die in the desert.

They are Lawbreakers. This girl is not helping them to survive so they can be brought safely to prison then deported. If that were the case, the border patrol would be doing this also.

These people knew the risks they took when they left Mexico. If they did not prepare for the journey coupled with their choice to undertake this very stupid and illegal act, they deserve what happens to them. Perhaps more illegals would think twice.

These people are helping others break the law and they are wrong for that. They should all be locked up and prosecuted.

It is unfortunate that some of these people die. But they made their bed, they have to lie in it.

So you agree with the following;

All the young men/soldiers that protect this country DESERVE to die, because they know what they are getting into?

A starving family that has no money, home, or jobs...steals food for his family DESERVES to go to jail, and or get shot for stealing? Cause he broke "THE LAW"

You sense of morals and love really need to get checked in. THERE ARE PLENTY of laws out there, that are in-humane. I guess your one of those narrow minded, small hearted people that can only see up the govs. A** you forget that we are all people in the end.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join